*Orlando, Fl Cars and Cafe 2-26-11*

ricky-oac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a trip to Southern California, a good friend of mine had an experience that left a lasting impression on him- literally. He was invited to go “carting” and like most people, he mistook this renowned sporting activity for the tame variant immortalized in cult classics like Super Mario Cart, Mario Cart DS, Mario Cart WII, etc.. He ignored the racing harnesses and the melted rubber on the miniature racing slicks. He even recalled his eye rolling impression of the “warm up” lap as he and his fellow racers glided along the glorified merry-go-round. Then “they” disengaged the restrictor plates and allowed the physics of 55mph compressed into 1 g turns to take over. He recalled how the whirr of electronic engines mixed with the air that flooded his racing helmet. This was carting, the European rite of passage young people who aspire to become the next F1 legends must traverse. The day after his carting experience, he recalled a dull but persistent pain in his forearms and sides. The evidence was not visible in his arms but along his entire right side, there was a bruise to seal the difference between reality and Nintendo’s Wii. This is also what one must consider when you think of professional race car driving and life in general. After winning the Daytona 500 at the ripe old age of 20, Trevor Bayne said: "I still don't think it’s real so sorry if I am bouncing around on questions and answers but I figure I can do what I want to because it’s just a dream anyways.”  The record books report Trevor’s accomplishment as history – youngest to ever win America’s most prestigious race. But in reality, his biggest achievement is in pursuing bliss. Something we encourage each of you to do this February. Will coming to Cars and Café prepare you to be the next great driver, capable of withstanding forces that twist the frames of most humans? Not likely, however, it will certainly go a long way to remind those in search of an awesome life, that extra nudge to go forth and pursue bliss in the short 60 or so laps we have around our sun.

Community Service
By now, the word about the Orlando Automotive Club’s commitment to charity is spreading but just to emphasize the point, we would like to remind everyone that:
• Recurring canned food drives & special initiatives meant to shed light on worthy causes like natural disasters and help for needy children are a staple of the club and our Cars and Café meet. We are officially partnered with the Second Harvest Food Bank of Orlando and the majority of our collected cans contribute to the great work they do in our community.
New Sponsors
We are proud of our sponsors and are always looking for new and enthusiastic organizations to join our already exceptional group. These sponsors are a special group of business leaders who serve the incredibly important function of providing hundreds of dollars in raffle prizes for you, the motorsport enthusiast. However, if you have not been to one of our meets and have not experienced our raffle, you need to know that the key to winning a prize is giving back! In specific, for each can that you bring to the meet, you get one extra raffle ticket so do the math and give back!

Special Features:
• We are now officially partnered with Rally 4 Hope so be sure to touch base with Scott and Don and check them out at the Rally 4 Hope website.
• You never know who will stop by one of our events!
Please remember that this month’s meet is on February 26th at The Route 46 Entertainment District.. We look forward to seeing each of you at what promises to be an awesome meet.

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper