Orlando Viper Drag Racing tonight.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be heading to Bithlow drag way tonight. Hope I don't have to push start the car again :D

Bringing ice and putting tire pressure down to about 20psi. Should make it into the mid/low 11's if I can hookup. Also a mph of 127 is the goal for tonight. Spinning to half track just doesn't help the mph much :D :drive:

Disturbed

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is that track? I pass it all the time on my way to and from the coast for some fly fishing.

Good luck, it will be hot. Do they have racing every Friday night? Might have to check it out some time.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying to get out to the track...One of my sales guys was there and said he saw you leaving when he got there, I guess your car is red. Just wondering if you ran and how you did.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be heading to Bithlow drag way tonight. Hope I don't have to push start the car again :D

Bringing ice and putting tire pressure down to about 20psi. Should make it into the mid/low 11's if I can hookup. Also a mph of 127 is the goal for tonight. Spinning to half track just doesn't help the mph much :D :drive:

Disturbed

What mods?

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I went...did bad, really freaking bad. :(

I drove the car all week, and thought my starting issue was gone. I'm not sure what it is about Bithlo, but every time I go, shut the car off in the staging lanes, it refuses to start. As soon as I leave the track and get home, it's fine. I even drove the car daily all week to and from work...never had the issue.

But the only run I got in was so bad I really don't even want to say what it was. I did a nice little clean of the tires at the line nothing crazy. Just a little tire smoke. Launched waaaaayyyyyy tooo hard (@ 2600rpm) ended up with 2.3 60ft. Said screw it to 1st gear short shifted to 2nd. When it hooked up I ended up breaking the rear loose again. Short shifted again figured the run was all F'd up anyway. Hooked 3rd @ 3,000rpm. Then planted the throttle. Ran it to 5000rpm and broke loose again...then short shifted to 5th (yes skipping 4th)and just planted it.

Ended up with a get this 12.1@119

My best so far is a [email protected] w/1.9071 60ft

Keep in mind I run 35psi on stock 6yr old tires. They are hard as hell. The car idled 40min between runs(read major heat soak) And I can't drag race to save my life.

As far as mods, nothing crazy...some heads from a Bull**** head porter and 11.6:1cr forged pistons setup for a 300shot of N20(not ever using)...then a touch of exhaust work. Stock intake system as well :D

I make a over 550rwhp N/A According to the drag racers I should hit 130mph in the 1/4. Granted, that's if I could hook up and temps were not hit the upper 90's and I didn't have to let the car idle between runs.

The right lane, ***** so bad at that track, I'm using the left from now on. I couldn't hook up AT ALL.

I was so pissed my start issue came back, I had a ****ty run, so
I just left after that.

If someone in the area wants to give me a hand to figure this out, that would be great. I'm thinking it has to be something with the clutch safty switch or maybe the Alarm. I'm not too sure.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm... that sounds a little scary to me ...they could use some VHT on that track those cheap SOBs . Bring it to Bradenton sometime and get 4 to 5 times as many runs in and they use VHT here. All you need is a little traction to improve those times.

Cudaman:usa:

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the track, some of them don't lay down a bunch of VHT on street car nights, because street tires just rip it right off anyways.... Alot of the "Track Rats" and regulars may get a little VHT treatment since they go all the time and typically run slicks, but as soon as the street cars run after that, the VHT gets ripped up. Anyhoo.... having power like that is always useless, unless you have the tire to stick it to the ground... I would make the next best investment and get some tires. Not to mention "hard, rotted" pilots are nothing more than a ticket to running over curbs.... I know from experience and will NEVER run dry rotted tires again in my life. Kumho V700's on my snake.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cudaman,

I'd love to come down. When is a good day just let me know? Right now I'm making the viper look bad. I need to get some better tires and a lot more seat time. When the rear comes out on this car, it's never scary. I just ease off the throttle or shift to a higher gear and it hooks right back up.

I would like to run on a good track for once. I've never....ever run on a good track. Before I used to race a AWD Talon, track prep didn't matter much. Dial in 5000rpm, Dump Clutch on 3rd yellow...and your off. 60ft of 1.6's every time...unless I broke the diff. :D This car takes more work. But MUCH more fun too.

-FROG-

These tires are old, but I just can't bring myself to just toss them. I will have a vid up soon of a nice burnout I did. After that huge smokey one, I spend the next 4 hours cleaning the outside of the car....I still got the inside to do. I have some cat litter that got spilt in the trunk from when I made 100mi grocery run :D