Paddle Shifter Viper .... Race Car

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, might be an option on the Gen V :dunno: Faster probably, not sure if I would like it to be the only option .... kinda like the traditional stick :2tu:

:eater:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The new 'automatics" are definitely faster than the manuals in terms of shifting--Formula 1 figured that out years ago. If the Viper, or any other car for that matter, expects to compete in todays market, it must have the paddle shifter auto as an option. We purists can argue differently but the facts remain. I, for one hope, that there is an "auto" option for the new Viper, as I want the new Viper to be world class. Anything less would be a shame because we have come so far---Dave

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it really depens on your intentions with the car. Part time or full time track, Street driving, I think a paddle shift is a great option as it is proven to be the choice of many. If our thinking for drag racing buy a challenger drag pack. Anything in the low 11 seconds or 10 which I think possible with the Gen V, require the Viper to have more modifications then one may want to install. A 6 point roll cage welded to the frame etc, dosen't leave much of the interior. The car becomes just a drag car.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those V8 or V10 cars? I remember some of the euro series requiring the Vipers to lose a couple of cylinders

nt2L8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you use a paddle shifter when your right hand is searching for a gear shift lever?

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not This Year, dangit! Are you racing this year? I see we have one FACTORY Viper team in there!
Our 2012 travel budget is pretty-much restricted to Dodge Viper Cup races.....

HAVE FUN, be safe......