parking brake cable broke

Geoffrey Glick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the similar loose parking brake cable problem on my '96 GTS and then it totally broke. Took it to my local Dodge dealership and after $400 of "diagnostic labor" they can't find a replacement & their repair attempt failed. Any ideas?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lever mechanism itself is from a early-90's LeBaron K-car.

Is the single cable to the equalizer bar, the equalizer bar itself, or one of the rear caliper cables broken? Most areas with a lot of O&G, or heavy construction activity will have a shop who can build custom control cables, or replace broken cables in an existing housing. It's 4mm coated, or .015 OD. There are also several good Viper salvage outlets to choose from.

Last edited:

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The return mech on the caliper can fail. If there is any other part you need, I can pull it off one of the cars I am parting out

OP
OP
G

Geoffrey Glick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lever mechanism itself is from a early-90's LeBaron K-car.

Is the single cable to the equalizer bar, the equalizer bar itself, or one of the rear caliper cables broken? Most areas with a lot of O&G, or heavy construction activity will have a shop who can build custom control cables, or replace broken cables in an existing housing. It's 4mm coated, or .015 OD. There are also several good Viper salvage outlets to choose from.
The return mech on the caliper can fail. If there is any other part you need, I can pull it off one of the cars I am parting out

Attachments

• 20240228_112845.jpg
    20240228_112845.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 4

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the crimped sleeve terminator come off, or did the cable fail in front of the sleeve? Crimping a new sleeve is a pretty easy repair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala