Paxton or Roe?

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 RT/10 with 45,000 on it. I have belanger exhaust and headers. I have read every thread I can find and I can't decide. I don't really get to drive full throttle so I am looking for more power on the low end. I also work for the Army so my budget is limited. Having said that I am looking for the system that requires less "additional cost" to install. I can install myself and take the car to be tuned. Some say the paxton makes more power (higher rpm) but the roe is easier to install and less problems. Could anybody give me the brass tacks down and dirty on what could be the best for me?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 RT/10 with 45,000 on it. I have belanger exhaust and headers...... I don't really get to drive full throttle so I am looking for more power on the low end.....the roe is easier to install and less problems.

you just described a roe car :drive:

looks better too (imo) :omg:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been away from VCA for close to a year as a regular...and the threads are asking the exact same questions....

Am I caught in a time bubble that keeps repeating itself?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

ANOTHER OPTION IS TO USE THIS SEARCH.
Google Custom Search - PLUMCRAZY VCA SEARCH

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the answer is a roe is easier to install if your doing the install. the problem is roe is not currently making a SC. used ones can be found but dont hesitate as they sell fast.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't see that coming :D

Roe installed will probably be in the 10K range.
Check with PBJ. I think he's in the St. Louis area

isn't about 40% of the 10k install labor :eater:

and 10% of the 10k tune and misc :eater:

so about 50% parts :dunno:

(looks like op wanting to do the labor himself)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paxton parts are about 7500-8K ? and installed should be 10-12K with a base kit, 15K for a tuner to tune and install a real fuel system

both SC's need a competent tuner to tune the car, spend the extra cash in tuning

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe kits occassionally hit the classifieds in the $5K range. If you buy a kit that does not contain a controller, you will need to add that cost. A VEC III will run about $1K. I am not sure how much the SCT controller costs.

You are looking at probably $300 to $400 for a good dyno tune session with a reputable Viper tuner. Or Sean Roe or DC Performance can look at your dyno graphs via email and get you real close on the tune. You can run 8 pounds of boost with no water **** and make over 625 rwhp with around 600 rwtrq by 2500 rpms.:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is sean making anymore these days ? there has to be enough guys with interest to do one again for the gen2 guys

any used roe's should be selling for a lot more than they seem to be selling for.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did hear Sean was taking orders but needed No's to put the kits together again.....

EDIT...... Don't forget his TT kits now as well

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has a nice look! Not good with photoshop, so the best I could do.

You must be registered for see images

Being in the fire department, kinda partial to diamond plate.

OP
OP
A

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email back from roe and they said the are working to release the "updated" kit with a bigger compressor housing this summer perhaps.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder if a bunch of used roe kits will be hitting the market :dunno:

No. There will be a full kit and an upgrade kit offered to accompany the 2.8 blower. The entire kit will not be removed, just a redesigned top plate and blower will be swapped with minor other changes from my understanding. It is not going to be a remove your Roe setup fully and install a full brand new 2.8l Roe setup. Some portions are interchangeable.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info KNG SNKE,

that sounds like sean, he's always good at thinking through the options and giving bang for the buck

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 RT/10 with 45,000 on it. I have belanger exhaust and headers. I have read every thread I can find and I can't decide. I don't really get to drive full throttle so I am looking for more power on the low end. I also work for the Army so my budget is limited. Having said that I am looking for the system that requires less "additional cost" to install. I can install myself and take the car to be tuned. Some say the paxton makes more power (higher rpm) but the roe is easier to install and less problems. Could anybody give me the brass tacks down and dirty on what could be the best for me?

Brass tacks would be to just leave it as is..since your R/T has more than enough useable low-end power already...in all honesty. If you aren't tapping into that already, why are you looking for more via a supercharger? By your own admission, you don't WOT your current capabilities. A better justification might have been "Hey guys, with my current mods I just can't hold my own from stoplight to stoplight and need more street racing power. What is better a ROE or Paxton?" Your better solution might just be gears at this point. Oh..and SEMPER FI from a retired Marine!!! LOL

OP
OP
A

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why supercharged you ask? Why not? Or are you asking supercharger vs turbo? My friend and I talk cars all the time here. He has a corvette with 50 grand worth of lingenfelter mods. I would like to be able to hand him his ass on the street but I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon.I drive my a lot and I don't want to effect the driveability too much. I also try to live within my means. There are a lot of choices out there and I wanted some opinions from people who have been there and done that before I waste my money on something that doesn't fit my style of driving. You guys have given me a lot to think about so I thank you. I downloaded the paxton install manual and it doesn't look like a hard install and the price is reasonable ... ish.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth