Paxton Supercharger Kit only for 00'-02' ?

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton Supercharger Kit only for 00\'-02\' ?

Paxton listed their supercharger kit for the Viper yesterday. But it lists it's good for the 2000-2002's. Is there some reason why you all know of that it's not including 96-99's? Maybe computer issues??

Haven't been following this stuff close enough, I guess.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Paxton Supercharger Kit only for 00\'-02\' ?

I am suprised they are releasing it at all with the bad luck they have had with blown engines.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys might want to talk to Dan at DC performance from what I read he has installed several of paxtons kit. All with very little problems.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I wonder why we are not hearing from all of the satisfied customers of his. I would be very interested to hear some input, I have only heard of a motor or two that has had some major problems.

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've got a paxton installed by Dan and it runs VERY WELL. I know of another that has 15,000 miles and its running great too.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

glenn, about how many lbs boost you running, and what kinda RWHP numbers did you get? thanks
-Dan

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i once spoke to a guy who had a paxton kit. i think it was one of the first kit produced by paxton. The guy said the car ran good and he had (?) miles on it at the time.

Max

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Talked with Paxton yesterday, the kit will fit back to 1996(GTS I presume, and 1997 RT/10). The website only lists 2000-2002 because they have not yet certified it for other years-remember this is a California smog-legal install.

Ted

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My unit is intercooled, runs 5lbs boost right now and gives me 550 RWHP on a dynojet. I have 6000 miles on it now, no problems and more than enough HP plus smog legal in all states.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

can you buy diffrent pulls to run more boost? or is that about the max that the S/C can put out?
-dan

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think you will be able to get much more out of the car because, you will need tuning. If the car has a programmable computer system it will not be CARB certified. So I think it will have to only run off of a non programmable set up...... (very limited).

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much was the kit??

How much for the install??
and what modds do you have, and can you run more boost, and do you have a dyno as well. More info please :)

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

June 12, 2003 Paxton Automotive announces the 2000-2002 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe Supercharging System. The big Viper engine from the factory produces 450 horsepower and 490 lb./ft. of torque. The addition of the NOVI 2000 supercharger with air to water charge cooler increases horsepower to 621 and torque to 589 lb./ft.
System details:
Boost Pressure of <font color="red">7.5 psi </font>
NOVI 2000 supercharger with 3.75" drive pulley

Complete fuel system upgrade includes dual high-flow fuel pumps and fuel control unit

Stand alone computer modifies timing
Air to water charge cooler system features welded aluminum charge cooler core with discharge tubes, Bosch compressor bypass valve, water storage tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing and a compact water circulation pump for closed loop cooling

Oil feed and Oil drain assemblies allow for maintenance free operation
Cast aluminum mounting bracket and Billet aluminum supercharger mounting plate
idler pulleys, spring tensioner, drive belt and all hardware
50 state smog legal under CARB EO #D-195-19

Satin or Polish finish available

Suggested Retail Price - $7,999.95

Part Number: 1201810 (Satin) 1201810-P (Polished)

You must be registered for see images

LOOKS GOOD TO ME. NICE PRICE TOO!

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So at the rear wheel you get approximetely 527 rwhp and 500 ft lbs of tq. Or is this a rear wheel number 621 and 589? Why is the torque number so low?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those are undoubtedly flywheel numbers, and the reason the torque is lower than hp is due to the nature of a centrifugal blower.

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This type of supercharger makes HP in the upper RPM range more so than the screw type blower. The peak Torque number is usually lower in the RPM range. What this says is that it is likely not on boost much at the point that a Viper us making peak torque, but is extending the torque curve longer, into the higher RPM range and making more HP that way.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So can't you tell us is it flywheel hp or rear wheel hp? RedGTS I figued that they were flywheel numbers, but I would like to hear it from the horses mouth. If that is the case this product will probably not do very well on the market. Because since you can't custom program the computer once you add other bolts on you can't tune for them, because it is a CARB certified piece. The computer is only programmed one way. SO SAD :(

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So can't you tell us is it flywheel hp or rear wheel hp? RedGTS I figued that they were flywheel numbers, but I would like to hear it from the horses mouth. If that is the case this product will probably not do very well on the market. Because since you can't custom program the computer once you add other bolts on you can't tune for them, because it is a CARB certified piece. The computer is only programmed one way. SO SAD :(

Hi, paxton site copy/paste:

June 12, 2003 Paxton Automotive announces the 2000-2002 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe Supercharging System. The big Viper engine from the factory produces 450 horsepower and 490 lb./ft. of torque. The addition of the NOVI 2000 supercharger with air to water charge cooler increases horsepower to 621 and torque to 589 lb./ft..

as you can see they compare there #'s with a stock 450hp motor also <font color="blue"> Check this </font> so i dont think so they are RWHP Numbers, hope this helps,Mbn

Paxton-Rep

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some facts on the kit.

It is true that the kit has been released, Currently the kit has been verified to fit a 99,00,01,and a 02. The kit will fit all Gen 2 vipers, but we are waiting to verify the tune from 96-99 we want to make sure that there will be no problems. If someone with this year of car is in the Southern California area please give me a call. To my knowledge there have been failures of engines due to the installation of our kit. I have not heard of anyone hurting there motor. The kit is 100% complete lacking the tools and the mechanic to install it. The HP numbers are rated at the flywheel. Many of you may have questions in regards to the computer. The computer is preset from Paxton so that the vehicle maintain a constant AFR between 11.5-11.7 under a boosted condition. If you had the proper software you could adjust the box, but Paxton does not reccomend that at all, due to there could be major engine failure! The supercharger kit does come with a Carb EO number that makes it 50 states legal, (California customer's can appreciate that!) I can assure you that this kit will be one of the preimere kits that you could put on your Snake, and priced right @ $7995.00 from Paxton.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some facts on the kit.

It is true that the kit has been released, Currently the kit has been verified to fit a 99,00,01,and a 02. The kit will fit all Gen 2 vipers, but we are waiting to verify the tune from 96-99 we want to make sure that there will be no problems. If someone with this year of car is in the Southern California area please give me a call. To my knowledge there have been failures of engines due to the installation of our kit. I have not heard of anyone hurting there motor. The kit is 100% complete lacking the tools and the mechanic to install it. The HP numbers are rated at the flywheel. Many of you may have questions in regards to the computer. The computer is preset from Paxton so that the vehicle maintain a constant AFR between 11.5-11.7 under a boosted condition. If you had the proper software you could adjust the box, but Paxton does not reccomend that at all, due to there could be major engine failure! The supercharger kit does come with a Carb EO number that makes it 50 states legal, (California customer's can appreciate that!) I can assure you that this kit will be one of the preimere kits that you could put on your Snake, and priced right @ $7995.00 from Paxton.

What's the typical cost for an install?
Thanks.

Paxton-Rep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Estimated install will be about 15 hours...Depending on the shop's labor rate install price will vary.

Kelly.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Novi-Blown, I might be tempted to be the test mule '97.
If the price was right. ;)
I emailed you.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Estimated install will be about 15 hours...Depending on the shop's labor rate install price will vary.

Kelly.

That's a lot of hours. :D

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

To my knowledge there have been failures of engines due to the installation of our kit.

Was this a mis type of there has been a lot of failures to this system??

Paxton-Rep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To my knowledge, there have been no failures due to the installation of the Supercharger. As for the failure of someone that has the paxton system I am not aware of it. If I am correct the Customer drove that car well over a year before it had motor problems which I am to believe were unrelated to the supercharger installation.

Paxton-Rep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Second hand if you have any further question, please give me call @ 888 972-9866 ask for Kelly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960