Paxton tuning help

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Back. After a brief year owning a z06, I sold it and bought a viper. 2004 supercharged. I had it dyno tuned today..:( yep pretty sad. 520 to the rear. I know I have problems but do not know where to begin. The supercharger has only been on the car for 1800 miles. I need a local tuner to Ft Worth, Dallas area that could help resolve this issue. I was told by DC performance this car should make around 630 to the rear.

pdannytn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
start with the previous owner, He should know best about the car.

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few questions:

1. Are you using the Paxon tuning box?
2. How much PSI did it show on the Dyno?
3. What kind of Dyno was it?

I would consider 630 to be a low number. You should be looking for around 650-670.
g

OP
OP
V

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are great help. No tuners in DFW. You guys must all be running sh@t.
Thanks,

OP
OP
V

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like ART is the shop. Road trip it is? Anybody have a car trailer I can borrow in the Dallas Ft. Worth area?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know ART, but DC and Dan know their stuff. Might be worth a trip there, and it would be a fun drive back! There is nothing worse than a poor running Viper...

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any dyno print outs, software for logging, etc?
Does it run OK other than WOT? Just wondering why not drive it to ART?

OP
OP
V

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I could take off down there. I got a printout of the dyno yesterday and sent it to Dan and DC Performance. Had a buddy hook up guages and the car is pulling 7lbs of boost. The most HP it made on the dyno was 537. I tried to attach, but it will not let me. The chart looks good, but then starts breaking at the end. I hope tuning can give you a 100 extra hp.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure that whoever did the dyno run knows what he or she is doing? Does it feel slow? If not, the dyno results may be wrong. Dan may be able to tell from the chart. Assuming there is a problem and that it is due to the controller calibration, if your car does not have it, I highly recommend that you get DC's Gen III SRT 10 blower calibration. It is easy to upload into the controller. In the alternative, you can send your controller to Dan and he can do it for you and send it back for you to reinstall.

One more thing. I do not think the SRT Engineers can comment on issues like this since you are asking about an after market mod. The next time you raise an issue like this, should post in the SRT 10 Subforum.

OP
OP
V

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does have the DC tune. Will see after I spend the cash. What does an engineer know anyway.:D

OP
OP
V

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the tune. I went to A.R.T. and they fixed me up. Pushing 650 rear now.Great guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32