Picked Up '97 Bburago Yellow/Red Stripe RT/10, 1:18

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't think there are many iterations left for me in 1:18 scale RT/10's, I was missing three that I was aware of - White w/Blue Stripe, the "McViper" and the Yellow w/Red Stripe.

I must say, I haven't seen any of these until recently, when I found two different Yellow w/Red Stripes. Luckily, one was actually on sale, so I bought it...so, soon to join the rest of my RT clan!

But, I do have a question....did Maisto make any 1:18 RT's? I know they made many different GTS versions in 1:18 and some RT's in 1:24 (pretty sure)?

Thanks.

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT-10 doesn't exist in 1/18 in Maïsto... only by Burago. So, a yellow/red stripes is in Burago... ;)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I thought...just wanted to confirm. The ones I already have are bolded.

So, as I see it, these are the only "accessible" RT's in 1:18:

Bburago:
Red
Red (silver stripes) Gen I wheels
Yellow
Yellow (red stripes) Gen I wheels or Gen II wheels
Black
Black (silver stripes) Gen I wheels or Gen II wheels
Green
White (blue stripes) Gen II wheels

Revell Creative Masters:
Red
This does not include the nearly impossible ones (out of my price range):

McViper
Rent a Car Systeme #40
Rent a Car Systeme #41

Any that I've missed? I know about the Anson 1:12 series, but they are way to expensive.

Thanks!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fortunately for me, there are only 3 Bburago 1:18 GTS models (at least that I know of).

Red (white stripes) - gold wheels
White (blue stripes)
Blue (white stripes)

All are fairly common too, so it was easy to collect them. I'm working on the RT/10 1:18 collection (4 so far) so thanks for the list.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipuronr >> your list is right for bburago, in memory (I can check that in time in my house):

-Red gen1 wheels
-Red /silver stripes gen1 wheels

-yellow gen1 wheels
-yellow/red stripes gen1 wheels

-black gen1 wheels
-black/silver stripes (I think gen2 wheels I must check) cream for the seats and dashboard

-emerald green

-white/blue stripes gen1 wheels

Markk >> as you want to complete your collection, in time :D

If the weather can help me to take some pictures of thse Bburago, I show you that...

About the Creative Masters RT' (red gen1 wheels), the scale is different, it's 1/20 scale but it's a very good model...;)

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I should have clarified that I'm currently working on the Bburago cars. Maisto will come next, although I already have a few.

Maisto also has a White/Blue GTS-R. 1997 DODGE VIPER GTS-R WHITE MAISTO 31845 1:18 - eBay (item 260735551634 end time Mar-12-11 11:07:54 PST)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, yup, forgot the scale was different on the Creative Masters RT.

Because I become sort of obsessive about things like this, I intentionally do not try to own every iteration....that's because I will not rest until I find every single one...ugh! Not to mention, I just don't have the space to display them and storing them is a waste.

I still have most of my Porsche GT1 collection, including one I picked up in Tokyo...drove me nuts everytime I found there was another one!:crazy2: Don't ever want to do that again!:nono:

I also try not to overpay because I am normally impatient. I have found (in most cases), that if I wait there is usually the same car for less. Case in point, Chad found the black with silver stripes and I bought it immediately for $26 + ship. The next day, the same car (in the box) was on Ebay for $16.

Anyway, would love to see pics of collections...particularly RT's. Mine's just not big enough to take pics of...haha.

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for information, Bburago RT's:

In high second gen of product (China 2008) of Red/silver stripes and a special 500 miles of Daytona pace-car

You must be registered for see images

A couple of black RT's, only the first in down is stock (the red interior is a custom made)

A couple of RT and GTS white/blue stripes stock in box

3 kits, GTS, red RT and n°40 LM... (always 1/18)

And here a mix yellow/white, red/white to made some GEN 2 (be carrefull, it's not easy but you can made them...)

I think it was not others colors in Bburago for instance... :dunno:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait hold on did Burago release a 1992 Pace Car RT/10 at one point?? I am not a fan of the brand but for one of those I will make an exception!

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait hold on did Burago release a 1992 Pace Car RT/10 at one point?? I am not a fan of the brand but for one of those I will make an exception!

ITV, I think it's not a real Bburago made but a Rt with some decals ;) Chris.

Edit: A chrome RT was made by Bburago, I just missed that...

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the Revell RT, I think two possible explanations for the blacked out headlights 1) there might have been some trademark issues between them and Bburago, or 2) didn't the RT concept car have blacked out headlights? Might just have been an interesting touch (they thought).

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my small assortment of RT's:

You must be registered for see images attach

Plus, not in the picture, is the Revell RT and a GT2, both stored in the closet.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the cases? I've been keeping mine in the boxes. Do you keep the boxes in case you decide to sell them someday?

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the boxes, I went to lots of places (and Ebay) but too expensive. Then, I think Chad mentioned Michael's Crafts, so I stopped by there and they had them in different sizes. The larger one is about US$18, but they have had them on sale for $8 or $9, so I've been picking them up....and you don't have to pay the extra money for shipping as with Ebay.

Ebay:
1:18 diecast toy model car truck shelf display case box - eBay (item 120690433825 end time Mar-05-11 11:38:58 PST)

As to keeping the boxes, I got rid of them as they take up too much space. This time, unlike with the Porsches, I bought them to display and keep. Can't think of down the road, because the plan is to give the car to my son &/or daughter at some point.

But, I'm sure if I'm "gone", and my wife sells the RT that she would give them with the car or throw them out.:crazy2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting...I much prefer to have 1:18 scale to that of 1:24 and the scarcity of certain colors in 1:18 demonstrate their greater desireability. That said, I do have a few 1:24 that I played with to come as close as I could to a '98. In doing that, I ruined my McViper so now I might actually look to get another as it is another factory variation of a red RT. But, my favorite 1:24 is my red RT with black wheels/black stripes!:D

So, from quickly looking around, here's what I see is available in 1:24 scale RT/10's(bold is what I have):

White w/blue stripes
Yellow
Green
Black
Black w/silver stripes
Red Gen I
Red McViper
Red - custom Gen II w/blac stripes, black wheels
Red - custom, coverted Gen I to Gen IIBlue w/white stripes
Red (Ertl) don't like!

I must say, on the subject of 1:18's for a second, that I prefer to collect Vipers that existed in the real world. Example is the yellow w/red stripes and red w/silver stripes...both not offered by the factory, just something that Bburago (or the later company that took over) wanted to leverage. Yes, I bought the yellow w/red stripes, but am hesitating buying the red. Would rather wait for something I am missing that was really built like the white w/blue stripes, McViper, etc.

Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In 1:24, I have a Bburago solid red GTS with gold wheels, a Bburago white/blue RT/10, and the AMT/ERTL 3-packs (McViper, white/blue, black/silver). These are plastic and I'm guessing about the 1:24 size. I purchased several packs from a guy just to have them.

I primarily focus on the 1:18 size, and I sometimes pick up small sizes, especially if I'm buying on ebay and the seller has other sizes and will combine shipping.

I have the cars in bold and all the ones under "Others". I keep the list in Excel, which doesn't transfer well to the forum.
Bburago RT/10 1:18

Red Gen I wheels
Red/Silver Gen I
Yellow Gen I

Yellow/Red Gen I
Yellow/Red Gen II
Black Gen I

Black/Silver Gen I
Black/Silver Gen II
Green Gen I
White/Blue Gen II

Bburago GTS 1:18

Red/White (gold wheels)
White/Blue
Blue/White

Silver/Blue

Maisto GTS 1:18

Red
White/Blue GTS-R
Blue/White Indy

Red/White
Yellow/Black GTS-R

Others
Color Brand Year Size Qty Notes
Red Bburago 1997 1:24 1 GTS gold wheels
White/Blue Bburago 1996 1:24 1 RT/10
Red McViper AMT/ERTL 1996 1:24? 4 RT/10
White/Blue AMT/ERTL 1996 1:24? 4 RT/10
Black/Silver AMT/ERTL 1996 1:24? 4 RT/10
White/Blue Kinsmart 2010 1:36 1 GTS-R
Red Johnny L 1998 1:64 2 GTS Yellow wheels
Mobil 1 Johnny L 1999 1:64 1 GTS-R
Red/Silver Kinsmart 1:72 1 GTS-R Keychain
Red N/A 2003 1:87 1 SRT-10 in a case

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one Ertl Gen I in red, don't like it but put it out since I have it.

At this point, I pick up what I find if I'm in the mood. As I said, don't have much display room and don't want to buy just to stick in closet.

Nice group you have there!

As I said in earlier thread, Amazon has the yellow and black GT2 if you're interested.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, said I wasn't, but I picked up a 1:24 RT/10 Gen I in yellow:

White w/blue stripes

Yellow
Green
Black
Black w/silver stripes
Red Gen I
Red McViper
Red - custom, coverted Gen I to Gen II
Blue w/white stripes

Got it cheap - $3.75 - new, in box!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, said I wasn't, but I picked up a 1:24 RT/10 Gen I in yellow:

White w/blue stripes
Red
Yellow
Green
Black
Black w/silver stripes
Red Gen I
Red McViper
Blue w/white stripes

Got it cheap - $3.75 - new, in box!

SORRY, DOUBLE POSTED...BUT SECOND ONE IS CORRECT! :(

Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
White w/blue stripes
Red
Yellow
Green
Black
Black w/silver stripes
Red Gen I
Red McViper
Blue w/white stripes

Apparently Bburago also has a solid white RT/10 in 1:24 size. There is one on ebay for $20 + s/h. I'm skipping it for now and will probably regret it since that's the only white one I've seen.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, this is what I've added in the last few days:

1:24 Yellow RT Gen I
1:24 RT "McViper

I also saw the all white, but the RT was not made in all white and I really don't like buying something that wasn't in the real world...though I did buy the yellow w/red stripe 1:18 RT.

Will only buy if cheap, and got the McViper for $2.75! Will not pay $15 for one, just need to be patient.

:)

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I added the following this past week:

A strange one. Description/box says GTS, but the car is an RT/10 and seller swears it was never removed from box. I bought it just in case there was a factory mess-up. MOPAR 1:18 DODGE VIPER GTS COUPE 1996 RED BURAGO - eBay (item 110654352474 end time Mar-05-11 08:35:52 PST)

1:18 Red/White Maisto GTS
5 different 1:64 GTS models

I am watching a few others. I'm really tempted to start collecting the Autoart 1:18's, especially the competition coupes, but they are a bit pricey.

I wish there was a list of all Bburago cars made in the various sizes and colors. Then I could pick out the Vipers and be certain when my collection was complete.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I picked up:
yellow/red RT/10 with Gen I wheels
silver/blue GTS
red, silver, and yellow SRT/10's

By the way, this place has great customer service. I just received a personal email from them about my order (late Sunday night). He answered a question I asked, so I know it is from a human and not an automated email.

I'm kinda glad they didn't have all the different ones in stock. Some of the airbrushed ones are very nice.

If anyone comes across a Bburago 1:24 (solid) Red GTS with gold wheels, please let me know. The one I purchased arrived with broken seats and a missing gas cap.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be redundant, but I have limited space. That said, I am trying to have a nice "representative" collection of RT's to brighten up my garage. At some point, though, the cost of die casts gets to the point of impacting doing stuff to my real RT. At that point, I have to stop.

The few I am interested in are harder to find and therefore way overpriced. Since my goal is not to have every one that was produced, its easier for me to pass on certain ones. :D

The two 1:18's that I would like to add at some point are white/blue stripes, McViper (like Chads) and, if they made in 1:18, the blue & white...maybe red w/silver stripes.

In 1:24, only a few left I am interested in - B&W, green and silver.

Eventually, I will find what I need as long as I am patient!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a bit amazed at how much some people are asking for a used piece, vs new. I guess they can ask what they want, but bet many never sell. Every once in awhile, you do come across a new piece that is priced really cheap and can grab it...as I did with the Revell Creative Masters RT I picked up for $29!

For me, its easier, as I am not a true collector and am not looking for a complete collection. Just want a decent showing of RT's and, because of that, I will not go after a particular car "at all costs"! I used to do that when I was collecting 1:18 Porsche GT1's and paid lots for some of the more rare pieces... only to be stuck with many and having to sell them at quite a bit less years later. I now only have two left and will try to sell my "prize" one and hope I can get some of my investment back (bought from the UK).

Oh well, just rambling....:crazy2:

Here's my newest addition:

Car in mint, box a little beat up but I am throwing out the box anyway....

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, went over to Michael's Crafts to pick up a few more of the clear plastic display cases and wouldn't you know it...SOLD OUT!

Funny, my obsessive nature tells me I have to have all the same display cases....ugh! But, saved...there is another Michael's in the next town, so ran over and they still had some...whew!!!

:D