PICS HERE! What car company builds a show car....Part II

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe. Great photo's! We should officially make you the VCA photographer for all events including the upcoming VOI# 7. The new SRT 10 is much different than the car we saw nearly two years ago in Detroit. I hope this puts an end to the whinning about it not being radical as the Gen. I and II Vipers. It is a wonderful redesign after 10 years of Viper and keeps the same character as the original. Thanks for posting the pictures.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is truly amazing how some minor tweaks made this car look soooooooooo much better. I can't wait to see the revised 2003! Curves baby, curves.....

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally did not like the looks of the SRT at all, but I must admit the car looks nice in those pics. I bet it looks even better in person. I was secretly hoping they would keep it ugly so I wouldn't be tempted to go out and get one. On second thougth, tell them to keep it ugly!!! We don't need looks...
laugh.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
....... and here's another picture that I thought was important..... A REAL TRUNK. WITH ACCESS TO THE BATTERY!

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like the battery is STILL on the wrong side, but the MOI has been reduced by moving it inside the frame rails like the
original '92 and early '93 cars. I wonder how the car will scale at the corners with 175# in the driver's seat?

You must be registered for see images

The gas tank filler is still on the passenger side, which is out of step with the rest of the world. Another example of "Dodge Different?" Why?

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that I appreciate the increased attention to details we see here.

The engine compartment also looks much cleaner than I expected it to.

Thanks a ton, for the pix, Joseph. Saving every one!

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always amazing to me how many different sub-markets there are for this car. That's why I love it so much. There is everything from "cup-holder-hating" race enthusiasts, to the Sunday drivers who like to drive hard and have fun doing it (I am the latter). This is great.

For example, above we see an enthusiast worried about which side the battery goes on for weight distribution, (etc). Don't worry, I used to race so I understand. I love the attention to detail.

But now in my new life, I am more charged up about the fact that my clubs might fit in the trunk!!!! Yep... you got it... my favorite thing to do is to crank it down to my club (1/2hr ride along the foothills), and pull out my sticks for a game. Or load up with a weekend of luggage and head for a new town to check out in the mountains. Battery on the left looks ok to me
smile.gif
Love the trunk and CAB top!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is only pure speculation, but I was under the impression that the reason the gas fill is on the passenger side is so that the driver does not have to worry about opening the door all the way out and then getting a ding. This is a great feature, especially with the RETURN OF SIDE-PIPES (burn baby burn)!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
the gas fill is on the passenger side is so that the driver does not have to worry about opening the door all the way out and then getting a ding.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say What???????

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe...

Thanks so much for your pics. This is exactly why I ordered an '03. DC has done a great job in "re-setting" the car and it is beginning to look like the car we all wanted in the first place. Kudos to DC and all of the Viper nation for their efforts. Looks like I will be saying a quiet "thank you" to all those involved everytime I drive the car.

No Flame Intended...Just a grateful Observation,
CStegall

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
The gas tank filler is still on the passenger side, which is out of step with the rest of the world. Another example of "Dodge Different?" Why?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rest of the world? What?

In my driveway sits 2 BMW's, a Land Rover, and a 300M. They all have the filler on the passenger side - just like my RX7 did.

Actually I'm not sure about the 300M - I hardly ever drive it.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so I just walked around the parking lot and did a quickie survey. 33 driver's side, 11 passenger side. Did I notice a trend? Foreign cars' fillers are more commonly on the passenger side - at least in my parking lot - which is decidedly domestic American production. British Land Rovers and Ricers are primarily built for RHD markets, which would put the fillers on the driver's side under normal domestic conditions.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's for when you pull into the pit and your gas crew fills the tank they don't have to run around the other side of the car.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just how many clockwise tracks are there in the US? Road Atlanta? It has 2 pit lanes and the one I used at Panoz would require the fuel filler on the driver's side. Road America? OK, that's ONE.

That one won't fly very far either.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a simple one to answer...you see, the gas tank filler is on the passenger side so that the driver must exit the car, and walk around the vehicle to fill-up. By doing so, it allows the public to get a better view of the driver of that awesome car
smile.gif

Hey, it's as good as an explanation as the ding thing, or pit crew thing
laugh.gif

I don't know why it is like that, but I prefer it that way, excepot when I'm driving my other cars I have to usually turn around after I pull up at the pump, because I'm on the "Viper side" hehehe!!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't most "real" race cars of that type professionally driven have provisions where depending on the track...the fuel filler can be on either side? I believe this is more of a safety issue more than a time saving on those type of cars.

Personally I think the battery should be on the passenger side and the fuel fill on the drivers side.
smile.gif