[PICS] New Coupe Rear Pics [PICS]

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I received the Coupe Rear conversion from Steve at Vipair a little over two months ago. I decided to do the install in my garage and then send everything out for paint. I have documented every step and will put together an install document once everything is completed.

I probably could have finished this project much faster but we had a vacation, and I recently started a new job so progress had been slowed recently. I wanted to post a picture or two before I tear everything down to get it painted. This is not the finished product just a stopping point before it goes to the body shop.

Hope you like the shots.

Andy Wheeler

You must be registered for see images attach

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Andy Your car was already amazing and now is gonna be even better. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ron

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good Andy :) Can't wait to see some pics after its all painted. This makes the car standout better than the Sebring ass that our convertibles have.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real nice!! Please post the "install document " when done. thanks.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Looks great Andy. It looks so simple in the pictures, but I know there was a lot of work to get to that point!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will gladly put up the install doc to save anyone doing this in the future some time. If I had to do it all again it would take 1/2 the time easily.

Andy

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the final product, even unpainted it looks incredible! Thanks in advance for documenting the build Andy. Really looking forward to seeing this.

Doug

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Andy - looks good. Mine is getting close to being complete and seeing yours put together is good/bad for me as the wait is killing me. Seems like I've been saying that it will be done "in a couple of weeks" forever.

Did you do anything special for the fasteners? I picked up some aluminum flush fender washers and some u-nut clips.

Also - what is the finish on your gas cap? I plan to go with a black chrome finish on my wheels and think that I need to match the gas cap as well.

Good luck on the finish.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what color are you going to paint it?

Continuing the ACR black center band and red drivers stripe, with a center section of exposed carbon matching the hood paint work.

Looks great!!!

Thanks Bob

I can't wait to see the final product, even unpainted it looks incredible! Thanks in advance for documenting the build Andy. Really looking forward to seeing this.

Doug

No problem, i'll get it posted up when I tear down for paint.

Andy - looks good. Mine is getting close to being complete and seeing yours put together is good/bad for me as the wait is killing me. Seems like I've been saying that it will be done "in a couple of weeks" forever.

Did you do anything special for the fasteners? I picked up some aluminum flush fender washers and some u-nut clips.

Also - what is the finish on your gas cap? I plan to go with a black chrome finish on my wheels and think that I need to match the gas cap as well.

Good luck on the finish.

I ran by the local dodge dealer and bought 15 of the "U" clips and picked up a few more factory fasteners so that it would use the same hardware as an existing coupe. So far the fasteners are working great. I just ordered factory filler panels (60$) to use on the inside of the quarter/bumper area. The ones that were supplied were fine but the factory pieces are cheap and should look a little more factory. I also ordered factory tail light surrounds to use instead of the ones supplied for the same reason. They don't cost much and should work well.

Also thank you to Car-hor (Michael) for bringing his coupe by last week so that I could eyeball some of the factory gaps. I noticed a few things that need to be adjusted and was able to make the changes accordingly.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's really nice!... Then again I'm a butt guy so I should like it. :D

question;
How does that outside skin attach down low? Does it come with a molded stud attached that you just thread a nut onto underneath or something? :dunno:

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very Nice... Also, bought Splitters from Steve and I love the new look of my Viper. Steve is Very professional and very nice. He's just about an hr away from me :).. Will always recommend Steve for our Viper parts/accessories. :)

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks stunning Andy. General fit and finish look very factor like.

It's getting there, I compared it to Michaels VOI coupe the other night and it still had a lot of tweaking to do. I went back in the garage and got things much better. Having a point of reference helps a great deal!

It would have looked much worse if I would have helped you.... :D

Lol, I'm going to need your help reinstalling everything after paint. If you're still up for it I'll call you to help for that. It's quite the Viper education lol.

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great Andy! I'll be back in town the 1st of August. If you need help with the re-assembly, just let me know.

My car is still up in Conroe in case we need to use it for reference again. My car has been put to use several times for that purpose....lol

Michael

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man that car and the wheels are sweet dude. Great job and probably was fun as hell doing!

It has been fun, I spend a little time on it each evening. Drilled and tapped the holes to mount the liscense plate this evening.

Looks great Andy! I'll be back in town the 1st of August. If you need help with the re-assembly, just let me know.

My car is still up in Conroe in case we need to use it for reference again. My car has been put to use several times for that purpose....lol

Michael

Perfect, I have a few tricks I'm trying this week so by the time you're back I should be set to check it one last time.

VNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great !!:headbang:

What are the wheels on it ?? Makes the car look amazing !

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flatout it looks great. Don't forget to post pics when it's done. This is how god intended it but of course I'm biased: