[pics] The rare and elusive Snow Viper ACR

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Taken with my camera phone. Wife was not interested in posing on the hood in her bikini.

You must be registered for see images attach

F

FrgMstr

Apparently the green ones are not that afraid of the cold! And yeah, that was AFTER driving it. :)

You must be registered for see images

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine in the garage shivered when I told him about this post. But don't you guys worry, he has a flannel blanky of course!;)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Anyone here remember seeing the "original" Snow Viper ACR at the Ohio Holiday Party in Dayton March of 2010? It was a factory mule ACR with "dualies" for wheels...no joke.

Bob, I know that you were present...but, so far, I have not found a photo of that car to post. Maybe someone else has one. COOL idea that worked in the snow!!

Of course, I would NOT recommend that anyone else try this...especially as I do recall a "misadventure" experienced by one member in another state who tried to eliminate the hydroplane effect of heavy rain on a Gen IV Viper by installing 275's on all 4 corners...BAD IDEA !!!!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here remember seeing the "original" Snow Viper ACR at the Ohio Holiday Party in Dayton March of 2010? It was a factory mule ACR with "dualies" for wheels...no joke.

Bob, I know that you were present...but, so far, I have not found a photo of that car to post. Maybe someone else has one. COOL idea that worked in the snow!!

Of course, I would NOT recommend that anyone else try this...especially as I do recall a "misadventure" experienced by one member in another state who tried to eliminate the hydroplane effect of heavy rain on a Gen IV Viper by installing 275's on all 4 corners...BAD IDEA !!!!

Ask and you shall receive. Believe it or not these are the only two shots I have of the car. That was a great night. Ralph had come down to the party.
CIMG12101.JPG

CIMG12171.JPG

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its just a little snow, the car is not going to melt. If i recall this is his daily driver.

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO owning a Viper or otherwise and not driving it is useless. If you are afraid of snow grow a pair. If it can handle track conditions it can handle a little snow.

I love the photo/car btw

Last edited:

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO owning a Viper or otherwise and not driving it is useless. If you are afraid of snow grow a pair. If it can handle track conditions it can handle a little snow.

I love the photo/car btw

It's not the snow, it's the salt on the roads. You must be from a warm state :lmao:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Only issue I have is the fact that you were not able to talk your wife into making a "snow angel" on the hood ..... in her bikini of course ;).

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not the snow, it's the salt on the roads. You must be from a warm state :lmao:

The salt is my only concern about winter driving. I keep $20 in quarters in the car and wash it off same day if I see any evidence of salt. Fortunately, we don't get alot of snow in KC, and the city doesn't use much salt.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven mine just above freezing but the tires really were not happy until worked in a bit.

Also be careful with the freezing bit. Not sure what happens if you store them below 32 F:
And like all Track & Competition DOT tires, Pilot Sport Cup+ / N-Spec radials are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It’s also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 32 degrees F.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bravo!!! I would do that too but Chicago salts the roads like crazy.

My friend drives his Gallardo in the snow... almost 100k miles on it. Helps that it is AWD though!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/IMG]

Outside Telluride, Colorado on the way to VIO 8

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, 01sapphirebob...this certainly proves the point that they extensively test the mules...in ALL weather !!