[PICS] Under hood Bling finally completed

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the engine bay of my car was nothing to brag about when I got it, other than the Paxton:rolaugh: But, I'm a bright and shiny kind of guy so I had to address the boring cast aluminum. My valve covers were showing their age as well, and didn't match the red exterior paint. I had Mirror Finish Polishing do my intake manifold, I sanded and polished the stock throttle body, and I swapped a polished Paxton setup with another VCA member as he prefers the cast look. I painted the valve covers (and oil cap!) to match the exterior, and bought a new air filter. I also removed a home made catch can setup and routed the breather system as Paxton recommends per their instructions. I guess other than that, I didn't do much:D

Here's the only picture I managed to take under hood since I've had the car after I installed the Moton remote canisters.

You must be registered for see images attach

And of course everything completed:

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome cant wait till I can take the time to polish the extra intake I have

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much power are you putting down to the rear tires with Paxton, I'm considering getting one

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is the most beautifully polished intake manifold I have ever seen. Now I would do it except I am too afraid of taking off the intake manifold. also when put back on knowing my luck I would have vacuum leaks forever. Stunning for sure.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan
Once again nicely done, did you consider the Thermostat housing?

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great Ryan. I'm hoping to get my intake and TB back from them any day now too. Damn that looks good man. BTW, thanks again for that Hennessey intake, can't wait to get it all together soon.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Another cheap addition which will transform the engine bay i chrome the crossbar. I bought a new one - $60 bucks sent it for chroming.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan looks great! What's the up keep like on the polished intake? Is anyone out there chroming them?

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome cant wait till I can take the time to polish the extra intake I have

Thanks. I did my own sanding and polishing on my last Vipers' intake manifold, and if you are planning to do anything other than the two main runners, you need to invest in some tools to get at the intricate parts.

How much power are you putting down to the rear tires with Paxton, I'm considering getting one

Not sure yet - I'm still tuning it down to stock Paxton levels for long term health and driveability. It was closer to 700rwhp with a smaller pulley and supporting fuel system, DLM goodies, ATI dampner etc

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan
Once again nicely done, did you consider the Thermostat housing?

Absolutely I did. But honestly, the more I thought about it, it's not really an item that should have attention drawn to it. I like how everything that is polished is all part of the air induction system.

I'm thinking about possibly painting it satin black so it almost becomes hidden.

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Ryan. I'm hoping to get my intake and TB back from them any day now too. Damn that looks good man. BTW, thanks again for that Hennessey intake, can't wait to get it all together soon.

Sounds awesome Doug! You'll be happy with their work, but I didn't have the most positive experience with them. I'm just glad it's done and on the car!

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan looks great! What's the up keep like on the polished intake? Is anyone out there chroming them?

Mirror Finish Polishing offers a coating on their polished parts, and I had it installed on the manifold. With all the intricate areas, I didn't want to deal with polishing that regularly. Everything else is a breeze from what I remember on my last Paxton car. You just have to remember to dry those parts first when you wash!