Picture of black Z06, looks amazingly similar....

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
posted this in the gen III forum as well. I think it actually looks good, ehh.
In other colors it is not as close, finally seeing it in black adds to the disgust.

You must be registered for see images

good for GM, bad for Viper owners.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. That car has a lot of cues from the Viper (i.e. Headlights, airduct, width). I don't know if the air scoop is real on the Z06 however. I hope it is.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. That car has a lot of cues from the Viper (i.e. Headlights, airduct, width). I don't know if the air scoop is real on the Z06 however. I hope it is.

I hear it is not but will be next year.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good photoshop work but It's not a Corvette !
This is the improved 2007 Viper.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
From an artistic standpoint, its about as poorly conceived and awkward as the Mosler.

But it looks badazz in black.

But then so do Hummer H2s.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife bought a C6 vert with Z51. It is very very close to my GTS in acceleration and handling. If the Z06 is even half of what it is supposed to be, the Viper SRT-10 Coupe is gonna get it fanny handed to it everytime. DC better think in terms of 600hp at least.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife bought a C6 vert with Z51. It is very very close to my GTS in acceleration and handling.

No it's not. I've driven a C6 coupe MN6, and it's nowhere near close to my RT/10.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great. You have to give GM credit for making a better car then the new Viper coupe that will be coming out soon.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but I have seen the c6 and it's not that great. What everyone on the forum is not seeing is the fact that Corvette's do not have the exotic car factor that Viper's have. There is nothing else to be really said, yeah the performance will be tough. But with a few mods the Viper's will still hang easily. And with NX or a Roe charger were still ahead. Remember Folks our cars a rare and nothing can replace that.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife bought a C6 vert with Z51. It is very very close to my GTS in acceleration and handling. If the Z06 is even half of what it is supposed to be, the Viper SRT-10 Coupe is gonna get it fanny handed to it everytime. DC better think in terms of 600hp at least.

Jeez, if you're gonna bench race at least know your numbers. 4.8 0-60 for the C6 Vert. Not even close to the GTS. Heck I would line up with you in the SRT8, 0-60 4.9

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great. You have to give GM credit for making a better car then the new Viper coupe that will be coming out soon.

And the reason we would be giving any credit to anybody for two cars that have not been tested head to head yet...Hmmmmmm? NEVER HAVE SO MANY SAID SO MUCH ABOUT TWO CARS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BUILT YET! AND NEVER HAVE SO MANY LOYAL VIPER OWNERS THROWN IN THE TOWEL SO QUICK. SRT has said they will be back, and that "Small children will run from the next upgrade"

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER HAVE SO MANY SAID SO MUCH ABOUT TWO CARS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BUILT YET! AND NEVER HAVE SO MANY LOYAL VIPER OWNERS THROWN IN THE TOWEL SO QUICK. SRT has said they will be back, and that "Small children will run from the next upgrade"

blacksilver: That's a lot of yelling from a subscriber of the mag "Lowriders in Mongolia." :D :D :D

However, you are right. As many complaints I may have about the srt coupe, it'll never lose out to the vette overall. Let's wait and see. If the z06 sneaks in a 0-60 in 2 seconds flat, then I'll start running home to momma. Until then... bring it on!

:2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two quick questions about the new $75,000 corvette that is coming out soon, that has been on my mind for quite some time now.

I read that the frame is aluminum. What happens when the car is hit? Seems like steel would be alot easier to deal with. Will sections of this frame be repairable? Also, if the owner would want to add a rollbar to this car, is that possible? I am assuming it would have to be bolted on and not welded? :confused:

Thank you in advance for your replies.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not like the frame is made of empty pop cans. Aluminum is actually quite strong. If is wasn't do you think they would build a car frame out of it? Also, you can weld aluminum so you could either bolt it or weld it to the frame.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Its not like the frame is made of empty pop cans. Aluminum is actually quite strong. If is wasn't do you think they would build a car frame out of it? Also, you can weld aluminum so you could either bolt it or weld it to the frame. >>

Makes sense. I have very little aluminum experience, especially in a frame. Thanks. :2tu:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough to weld a steel rollbar to an aluminum frame though.

SurfnSun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car will cost mid 60s..."between 60-70k" as quoted from an autoshow this week.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I just drove a C6 (not a Z51, though) loaned to our club president by Chevy (don't know if it was factory-prepped, but it certainly didn't have anything wrong with it). Although the corvette was certainly a nice car which I wouldn't mind having if the Viper didn't exist, and it was certainly a good amount of performance for the money, it sure didn't feel like it had even 80% of the power/torque/acceleration/handling as my '00 RT/10. In fact, even on full "sport" setting, the car felt mushy to me; yet, as I said, it wasn't a Z51 package, so I can't compare to a Z51-equipped car.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's damn sharp! I would never own it in black. But sharp none the less. GM says that the duct will be functional. However, who knows until they hit the street.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to respond to this quote as well. I buzzed around in a c6 vert 6 speed (no z51) and really liked it. Cool car. Once finished, I hopped in my 94 RT and drove home and could not believe how much more powerful/tighter it felt through the curves (ALOT less body roll). I thought the 400hp vs 400hp would feel extremely similar but they do not. I must be used to all that low end torque.

I really like that new Vette, but the one I drove was not nearly as fun to drive as my gen 1 Viper.

Jeff

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My impression of the new z06 after seeing it at the Detroit autoshow is that I has lots of performance ability, but looks all cobbled up. Kind of like a kit car with all the different pieces bolted on. Did not look at all like a designed as a piece car, but more like afterthought.

The new Viper Coupe, which I just saw again at the Zone Rendezvous in Phoenix has really come together. It is much better looking than the vette, and does not have to be reved to make torque and HP.
I'm sticking to the Viper!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth