PLEASE, save this site.

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one just fed-up with these long strings that have nothing to do with enjoying owning a Viper?

Sooner rather that later, the VCA membership will need to be consulted (informaly with FikseGTS poll ??)on whether posting on this board should be limited to VCA Members.

I would vote yes for the following reasons:

1. It would be one more incentive to become a member.
2. The problem with anonymous posts would disappear.
3. Any non-member with a Viper interest could still learn a lot about Vipers by having read access.
4. It would save a lot of useless work by the moderators.

I have been visiting the VCA web site for almost three years. However, I feel the site is now being taken hostage by a few people that prefer confrontation to information. This is very sad. I notice that many of the "old" gang won't post anymore. They probably lost interest.

There is definetly a need for a good VCA site. This one is slowly slipping away....

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your Swiss-bred aversion to conflict, but I think you should stick with your instincts and remain neutral on this topic - truly worthless or offensive posts will be self-regulated by the thrashing such posts receive from other members, if not the moderators. In the alternative, I guess you could just choose to skip over the non-tech threads and avoid the issue.

Reaction score
Kid we FINALLY agree)
smile.gif
)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an expectant viper owner.Car is KZ.I would not limit the board to viper members only.I have been asking questions and gaining valuable knowledge for several months now.However,It would be nice if posts were not posted until viewed by a moderater.Then possibly placed under the more proper topic or simply thrown out. Bruce

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me quote from YOUR web site!

Having found the Viper Club of America (VCA) Web site, I became familiar with the intricacies of Viper building and I was able to share my anxieties with several other people in the same situation. Thanks to a few Viper experts with insider information such as JonB, I first learned about the difficulties Chrysler was having in matching the various parts produced in Bright Silver Metallic........ By then it was clear that I would not get my dream car in time for my Canadian vacations .

I guess it was good enough for you when you did not own a car wasn't it?

Regards,

Ron

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cherm,
I dig your style dude, hit it right on the head. Straight to the point, and I was over there protecting those people at one point in my career. I do believe the French are the first, of them all, to hoist the white flag though.

Mike

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, don't knock the French. They put up a good two week fight against ******.

Michel, I hope you have a good sense of humor.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I love to joke about the French too, do remember if not for their help we would likely still be a British colony!
smile.gif

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS Bruce you said it well. I will have a GTS soon and I have enjoyed the learning experience on this board. Hopefully many on this board remember that they were car enthusiasts long before they became Viper owners.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the big deal? Same old questions? So what? None of us need to read them.

Hey Jon, I saw this on your site, I love it...

You must be registered for see images

Mind if I use it?
smile.gif

The gang at www.badrap.net will love it!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:

It's all yours. I got it from a guy on the Ram V10 forum, and he got it from somewhere else... let us know if it starts any particularly fun foaming-at-the-mouth... It's already generated a few half-baked flame e-mails in the few months I've had it out there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That thing's great!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe I agree with the Cali Kid. Pinch me! Not you, Kid.

Seriously, the reason for the off-topic and off color diversions are as much the fault of those who rise to any barbs (or mistake smack for serious insults) as for the posters that start the threads.

I am in favor of self-regulated censorship, rather than limited membership and censorship by moderators.

If the topic is boring or puerile, then click on! Don't just fire off a responsive post while your blood is boiling! How easy is that?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michel, I don't think the answer is banning non-members. I'm not sure what the answer is. I don't mind the smack, in fact I find it kind of entertaining sometimes. What p---es me off though is when you have to read through so much of it to get to the replies that have meaning. I think that's probably your frustration too.

Everyone's answer is always "Just ignore it if you don't like it...". The problem is you can't ignore it, it seems these days every thread turns into a war on a topic completely unrelated to the original post.

I'm not really for "over-moderating" either but "self-moderating" doesn't work. The only way to self moderate when the trash gets so extreme is to stop going to the board all together. I've heard from a few members who have stopped because they are tired of wading through the trash.

I think that's sad that the value of the board is being compromised because a few people come on to every thread and turn it into a bash the poster session. Especially when it's uninformed bashing. Switzerland, although not as quick to jump to "scorched earth" as some other countries, actually has mandatory military training that far exceeds that of the US and most other countries. Just because they don't choose to fight constantly, doesn't mean they can't. Ever picked a fight with a black belt? He'll probably take a lot for a long time, but if he ever decides to engage you, well you'll be kicked within an inch of your life.

OK Kid, BLKVENOM, and whomever else needs to vent, bring it on. Maybe if I can distract you on this thread for awhile I'll be able to read the rest without seeing your ID.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave