Plug Wires with Heat Sheilding *BRAND NEW ITEM*

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Released Today! These are the going to be the most popular replacement wires for the Viper. They are custom fit, numbered on both ends of each wire, include a colored 1200+ degree heat sheild along the length of the wire and have 600 degree boots on them. These wires are available in Blue, Red, Black, Yellow and even Purple. The wire is 8mm spiral core and the heat covering will stay true to its color. Currently we have sets for the Gen2 motors and both the Gen1 and Gen3 (VGX) wire sets will be available soon. Only available through us and the pricing to VCA members is $140 and the retail is $159. Call, click or stop by West Coast Viper ( www.westcoastviper.com )

You must be registered for see images

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look really good. I dont know if mine are being upgraded. When I get my ride back and they still have the stockers on there, I will have to get a set.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on! You will be tickled with the quality of these wires. There is nothing else out there like this for the Viper.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now I'm using the MOPAR Performance Blue wires with those bootys on. Real pain to get on & off. I've already fried 2 sets of Magnecors. So far that combo with MOPAR works. I obviously have headers & stock heat shields but it's like an oven under there, actually hotter. Question is: Will your set without the "Heat Boots" be protected just the same as mine with the "Heat Boots" ? If so yours would be alot more convenient & easier getting on & off! Please let me know.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do your boots crack and get hard after a while even with the "boot sheilds"? According to the manufacturer these will withstand 1200 on the wire and 600 at the boot. These are defined as 'non-contact' temps. You may want to use a digital thermometer to see if you are at over 600 degrees in the boot area. (check the actual boot temperature after making a high temp run) and you should be able to see for yourself if these are adequate or not.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my first 2 sets of Magnecors the boots were cracked & melted. Then I put on the Mopar ones with boots & they didn't get cracked or hard but are very hard to get on & off ( I check my plugs alot ) with those boots. I'm in the middle of winter so my car won't be out until April. I'll check the temp then & hopefully be able to get your wires if the temps below 600 degrees. Thanks!

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do use that stuff. That's not the problem. The problem is trying to stuff the boot along with the plug down that metal tube to make contact with the spark plug.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the metal tubes and see if they are 'closed' at the top, if so, pull them out with pliars and spread it open more. That may give you a bit more room. Also, you should be able to just 'push' down on the top of the boot and hear the click of the plug, if not, something else may be stopping the proper boot installation. Lastly, it could be the size of the plugs you are using. On our turbo car and our NX cars, we use the Bosch FR7DCX plug which is a hair 'skinnier' on the top side allowing an even easier boot install. Take care.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it could be the plugs. Since my tuner did my car they told me to use NGK's which might be bigger on the top side. Thanks for the tips though!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first sets of wires that people are getting have the '10' marked on them using a 1 and a modified 8. This is because PDI has never made a zero for a marker number. The next run that is shipping in 2 weeks to us will have an actual zero with the ten. Maybe those of you who got some from the first run will have a collectors item on your hands? <wink>

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in here. I had a GOOD look at these wires at the shop the other day and they are IMPRESSIVE to say the least. Appear to be the way to go -- especially if you're running aftermarket headers. Just my .02 :)

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 sets left @ $140 for VCA members - Pricing goes to $159 when these are gone. Thanks for all the support!