Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color??? (a REAL poll)

Least Desirable Viper Colors??? Pick 2

• Red

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Black

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Dandelion Yellow

Votes: 94 29.0%
  • Emerald Green

Votes: 162 50.0%
  • Stone White

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 13.3%
  • SteelGray/Graphite

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Race Yellow

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Sapphire Blue

Votes: 22 6.8%

• Total voters

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color Gen1/2 ??? (a REAL poll)

Least Desirable Viper Color (PICK 2)

Specifically Gen1/Gen2.

Vote, and then give your take on stripes!!
:eater:

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edit: poll is up adn I voted red. Only because they made so many of that color. That being said, it will be a cold day in hell before I sell my RED 99 RT/10 :D :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that stripes should for the most part be mandatory on GTS's
Especially on bright colors like Red&Yellow where the backend looks kinda plain. I strongly disslike most red cars but do however love a red GTS with White or Black stripes!!!

Vipers i like without stripes:
Black GTS
SaphireBlue GTS
Steel Gray/Graphite GTS
Any RT/10's

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that stripes should for the most part be mandatory on GTS's
Especially on bright colors like Red&Yellow where the backend looks kinda plain. I strongly disslike most red cars but do however love a red GTS with White or Black stripes!!!

Vipers i like without stripes:
Black GTS
SaphireBlue GTS
Steel Gray/Graphite GTS
Any RT/10's
WHAT? No stripes on an RT/10. you must be crazy! I love stripes!

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes are a must! My rt/10 is having matte black stripes put on right now.

OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, i didnt say No stripes on an RT/10, i simply said that i like em without.

If i personaly owned an Gen1 RT/10 id leave it alone to keep the focus on the sidepipes, but gen2 id prob spend a decent amount of time deciding whether to stripe or not.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people voted for the emerald green. I think that is one of the best colors, but to each his/her own...................

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is a junk-poll, garbage statistic.

Does least-desirable = rarity, therefore making it MORE valuable-desirable?
Or does rare = least sold, so Less desired?

Does the most DEMANDED color (RED) somehow render it the 'least desirable', when in fact it's the MOST PREFERRED? Or do people buy the most of what they like the least ?

ie, the owners of GREEN RTs (Most went to Canada) are usually very passionate about that color. And so it can be said for ANY color....we LOVE our cars. The least desirable Viper is the upside-down totalled wreck........ (ooops.... we WANT those here!)

Lies, Damn Lies, and statistics........

This 'poll' is Kind of like: "What's the WORST thing about your spouse?"
The WORST DAY in the 'least desirable' polled Viper is better than the BEST day in my Wife's Z-06. (the worst thing about my spouse!)

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone must like red, it's the only color made year after year.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green was not a common enough color to really matter. This poll proves what several of us have been saying; red is the least desirable color. It's just not very interesting and for some reason, does not photograph well in the Viper's case. It looks much better in person than in pics. Having said this, red looks nice with either white or silver stripes. I also like the one that a member painted graphite stripes on with nice matching wheels. Plain red blows and is the reason why Tailwag is suffering in his attempts to sell his Viper for top dollar.

Now, when it comes to the red Oreca Vipers from the late 90's, they look fantastic. It's simple; Vipers need stripes if they are going to look their best, particularly if the car is red. Tailwag is struggling with internal issues on this subject but reality is what it is and he could use some empathy and understanding from us members in this trying time.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the most DEMANDED color (RED) somehow render it the 'least desirable', when in fact it's the MOST PREFERRED? Or do people buy the most of what they like the least ?

ie, the owners of GREEN RTs (Most went to Canada) are usually very passionate about that color. And so it can be said for ANY color....we LOVE our cars. The least desirable Viper is the upside-down totalled wreck........ (ooops.... we WANT those here!)

The WORST DAY in the 'least desirable' polled Viper is better than the BEST day in my Wife's Z-06. (the worst thing about my spouse!)

Yup, it is Monday today :D

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex...I really think you are the one with the issues. You are more concerned about other people's businesses when if fact you should be more concerned about yours. Understand this...just because someone does not agree with you (which by the dozens of pm's I have gotten about you is proof) does not mean you are right.

I am happy with my car, I just like trade often. The car is paid for, just like all the other toys - so if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. Seriously...what is wrong with you?

Someone give this kid a hug...

Green was not a common enough color to really matter. This poll proves what several of us have been saying; red is the least desirable color. It's just not very interesting and for some reason, does not photograph well in the Viper's case. It looks much better in person than in pics. Having said this, red looks nice with either white or silver stripes. I also like the one that a member painted graphite stripes on with nice matching wheels. Plain red blows and is the reason why Tailwag is suffering in his attempts to sell his Viper for top dollar.

Now, when it comes to the red Oreca Vipers from the late 90's, they look fantastic. It's simple; Vipers need stripes if they are going to look their best, particularly if the car is red. Tailwag is struggling with internal issues on this subject but reality is what it is and he could use some empathy and understanding from us members in this trying time.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to know the answer to the poll so that when my 92,000 mile green Viper goes in rusty pieces and parts to be recycled by JonB, I will know which color pristine garage queen I can buy for the least amount of money.

Last I knew, all colors created the same number of smiles on their owner's faces.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex...I really think you are the one with the issues. You are more concerned about other people's businesses when if fact you should be more concerned about yours. Understand this...just because someone does not agree with you (which by the dozens of pm's I have gotten about you is proof) does not mean you are right.

I am happy with my car, I just like trade often. The car is paid for, just like all the other toys - so if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. Seriously...what is wrong with you?

Someone give this kid a hug...

Tailwag, if you agreed with me, you would not be stunned that your car has not sold, would you? Therefore, I must be a bit closer to reality than you are. I am not putting down your car. I am just stating that more people would like it if it had stripes. That is a fact. GTS Vipers are going to be the classics in the future and maybe you should hold on to yours. Why sell your car for 30k and drop another 75k on an ACR when you can make yours outperform an ACR in every aspect with half of that money?

My '06 SRT coupe has about 300 miles on it. I might be able to get 55k for it or less. I could sell it and blow another 50k on an ACR or turbocharge it, modify the suspension and give an ACR the **** kicking a lifetime. In my opinion, it is better to keep what you have and mod it up than to take a bath on selling your car for so little and paying top dollar for a new one.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..........Last I knew, all colors created the same number of smiles on their owner's faces.[/quote]

EXACTLY ! Now THAT's DESIRE !

When Frank Barba painted a Gen 1 a near-SSG SubLime Green in (94?) half the 'pollsters' hated it, and now SSG is "DESIRABLE" to a vocal minority. But is that 'desirability'?

THIS "POLL" IS VIRTUALLY MEANINGLESS, and 'PROVES' ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Last edited:

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari seems to think red is a popular and desirable color! Bottom line is there is no least desirable color....Vipers look good in any color!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW - I've owned '96 RT/10 white/blue stripes, '98 GTS Silver/blue stripes (1 of 23), '01 RT/10 Saphire. '02 FE, and a '06 VOI9. Because of its historic significance, and its stunning looks, the FE, red color and all, would be the last car I would ever part with. You can keep your graphites, and your blue/whites, thank you, I am quite happy with mine. And I agree with JonB, this poll serves no purpose but to falsely lower the esteem and pride an owner may have in his treasure.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, it's Monday :dunno:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to know the answer to the poll so that when my 92,000 mile green Viper goes in rusty pieces and parts to be recycled by JonB, I will know which color pristine garage queen I can buy for the least amount of money.

Last I knew, all colors created the same number of smiles on their owner's faces.

92k mile Green? My 89k red is worth so much more than yours ;) :lmao:

..........Last I knew, all colors created the same number of smiles on their owner's faces.[/quote]

EXACTLY ! Now THAT's DESIRE !

When Frank Barba painted a Gen 1 a near-SSG SubLime Green in (94?) half the 'pollsters' hated it, and now SSG is "DESIRABLE" to a vocal minority. But is that 'desirability'?

THIS "POLL" IS VIRTUALLY MEANINGLESS, and 'PROVES' ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Monday or not, Jon is dead on. Polls like this are worthless and do nothing but breed infighting. Let's argue about something constructive. Like, what was the guy's BAC when he said "you know, I think dolphins on the hood is a good idea"! :lmao: