Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color??? (a REAL poll)

Least Desirable Viper Colors??? Pick 2

• Red

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Black

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Dandelion Yellow

Votes: 94 29.0%
  • Emerald Green

Votes: 162 50.0%
  • Stone White

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 13.3%
  • SteelGray/Graphite

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Race Yellow

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Sapphire Blue

Votes: 22 6.8%

• Total voters

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes , with over 7,000 units, Red is the most popular color produced.
That dosnt change the fact that many of those owners would trade in a heartbeat for a different more desirable color.

You couldn't be more wrong. What a stupid statement.
What makes you think someone with red would want to trade it for another color? Red car owners all have a secret desire to have a silver or grey car????
Since I own BOTH a red and a BW, I can tell you that to the general public, the red is more stunning in person than the blue/white and I have taken both to many car shows and car gatherings. The general public loves red, it is HOT. Next to a silver or a grey are you kidding, they disappear.
You seem to think someone forced us to get a red car. Red is a great color, and stands out a MILE over any silver, sapphire or graphite or many other choices. I wouldn't trade my red straight up for any other color on your poll.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poll generates no statistical data that supports your proposition that owners of red cars prefer another color since the poll does not show what color car the voters themselves had. In fact, unless you have information to show Dodge ignored customer requests, red was ordered and purchased more often than other colors. The fact that red continued from Gen 1 into Gen 2 cars indicates that it must have been desirable. Your observation that the two yellows received different amounts of votes was only after the fact and cannot be used as justification. Better choice would have been to lump colors based on car counts.

One of my not-so-fun jobs at the big oil company was helping our lawyers determine if competitors' comparative advertising was justified or not. This would have been easy pickin's.

A stastical hypothesis could, in fact, lead one to believe that every person that owns a red Viper, could hate green.:D Also, it is conceivable since it is on the other end of the spectrum. Speaking from my POV, I like green more than red, mainly because it is so different. I like different colors on cars. ie. I have owned a pink Cuda, a Plum Crazy Challenger, 2 Brewster Green Trans Am's, oh yeah, and I now own a Violet Vert. I can understand why some people may or may not like certain colors, I am glad that they offer more now than ever before.
PS....if you have never had a good Viper cruise with at least 20 different Vipers, in all kinds of different colors, you are definitely missing something. GO VCA!!!:2tu::headbang:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur with ViperJon. I have no desire to trade for any other color. My Red GTS gets more looks and compliments than any other car I have ever seen.:2tu:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes you think someone with red would want to trade it for another color? Red car owners all have a secret desire to have a silver or grey car????
Since I own BOTH a red and a BW, I can tell you that to the general public, the red is more stunning in person than the blue/white and I have taken both to many car shows and car gatherings. The general public loves red, it is HOT. Next to a silver or a grey are you kidding, they disappear.
You seem to think someone forced us to get a red car. Red is a great color, and stands out a MILE over any silver, sapphire or graphite or many other choices. I wouldn't trade my red straight up for any other color on your poll.

My thoughts exactly...:D

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would've agreed with you and Tailwag before seeing our new 2008~! (We had solid BLACK '05 SRT before this...loved, loved, loved it!!!) The nice thing about this GTS Blue w/silver stripes? There doesn't seem to be another around here! :cool: ~juli

I should be more specific. Gen II GTS have way too many curves...adding stripes IMO is completely distracting to the beautiful lines in my wom....I mean, in my car.

The Gen III can definitely use the stripes as it almost needs them to make up for the lack if curves...:D

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well,Dave, Thats one BIG reason they need to keep making red Vipers. That and the visual from your post now makes red my favorite Viper color!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be more specific. Gen II GTS have way too many curves...adding stripes IMO is completely distracting to the beautiful lines in my wom....I mean, in my car.
The Gen III can definitely use the stripes as it almost needs them to make up for the lack if curves...:D

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...! (Tho I concur with you that the Gen II GTS IS the epitome of Vipers everywhere, the curves, the curves!!!! LOVE 'em also myself!)
~juli
**EVERYone has their own personal color preferences, it's always been that way...to choose a 'desireable' color for a VIPER is simply impossible...ALL the colors are awesome as they are: VIPERS!**:headbang:

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine's red! I would NEVER buy a blue & white! if I had a blue & white,I would trade for a red or yellow!:2tu: Blue does NOTHING for me whatsoever!:crazy2: That tan interior in any car has to go also!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGLY, wish it was silver......:rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon--Your red and black GTS has always been one of my FAVORITE Vipers out there, as you know! I'm a HUGE fan of the GTS anyway, and there simply cannot BE an 'undesireable' color for a GTS in my own opinion. Don't you remember ViperJames' RT? You didn't care for that color? As we say, to each their own, especially when it comes to car color! ~juli

OP
OP
D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not at all, they would most likely want to trade for whatever color is personaly the most desirable to them. (and I said "many", not all red owners as for some of them it is there Fav color)

Since I own BOTH a red and a BW, I can tell you that to the general public, the red is more stunning in person than the blue/white and I have taken both to many car shows and car gatherings. The general public loves red, it is HOT.
it is your opinion that the red "is more stunning" than a B/W
it is my opinion that the B/W is more stunning...
But yes, your general public statement is what makes red Popular

Next to a silver or a grey are you kidding, they disappear.
You seem to think someone forced us to get a red car. Red is a great color, and stands out a MILE over any silver, sapphire or graphite or many other choices.
I do not think that anyone was forced to buy any viper.
This poll isnt about what car "stands out the most" and if it was, thebumblebee would win hands down.
This poll is about desire which is motivated by different reasons for diff people.

I wouldn't trade my red straight up for any other color on your poll.
I wouldnt expect you to. But i do have a question for a Red&B/W owner. If you had to get rid of one which would it be?

Like Yours, Dave's, and RedSnakes i love em striped. and to the peeps that have passion for there solid red's i aint mad at em!:)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your parsing your original statement.
You said "That dosnt change the fact that many of those owners would trade in a heartbeat for a different more desirable color".
Change the "fact"? What fact is this? That red Viper owners secretly want another color? They had to settle for red...:rolleyes:
Maybe if they wanted another color, they might have bought it originally?????????
Wrong.

Let's drop the subject, it's stupid anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me that all viper colors are desirable. Now as for undesirable, the green found on my old '70 ******* comes to mind....(it was a Dodge color after all)...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those late 60s Greens were terrible. All that yellow flake made the car turn yeelwoish green in the sun and look like Puke. Good thing they dropped it. My 92 Stealth TT is Emerald Green and it's an awesome color.

Like all the Viper colors it has pearle in the paint and changes into different colors according to the ambient lighting.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

See

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trumped again... ;)

On a serious note, I like the GTS both with and without but on most colors the stripes add a little bling. On the RT10's I prefer them solid but have seen a few with stripes that I like, for an example the rare Blue and White RT10.

Nice pics 2manytoys. :2tu:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trumped again... ;)

On a serious note, I like the GTS both with and without but on most colors the stripes add a little bling. On the RT10's I prefer them solid but have seen a few with stripes that I like, for an example the rare Blue and White RT10.

I'd say that's a wrap.......case closed before somebody gets hurt here!!

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.............and by the way, Ted's Viper was never trumped. Sorry to break it to you, Toyman but there isn't such a thing as trumping a sapphire striped GTS. Especially when its owner loves it as much as Ted does.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.............and by the way, Ted's Viper was never trumped. Sorry to break it to you, Toyman but there isn't such a thing as trumping a sapphire striped GTS. Especially when its owner loves it as much as Ted does.

LOL IMHO it was. Btw, bet I'm faster:D

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trumped again... ;)

Thanks that's the best pic of a sapphire car I've seen. Stunning!!!:2tu: