Possible foundation of Holland House in New York?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This week I heard on the radio at work that one of our politicians by the name of Boris van der Ham voiced a desire to set up a Holland House in New York in order to draw attention to the largely Dutch origin of the city. I thought this would be interesting for those of you with relatives or ancestors from my country so I will do my best to translate a Dutch article I found online. Tried Babelfish but like usual it royally sucked.

"In 2009 it will be 400 years ago that the "Halve Maen" sailed into Manhattan after which people founded New Amsterdam. According to Boris this is more than enough reason to renew mutual relations.
The Dutch origins of New York have been fundamental for the tolerance and cultural identity of the city and even for America in it's whole. Besides that there is a connection due to the many Dutch immigrants.
A Holland house can be an important broker for the Dutch culture. It can be used to draw attention to protecting Dutch heritage in America. Besides that, artists like writers, painters and film makers can use this house as their billboard. The Dutch businesses in America can make use of it for representative arrangements and with the house tourism towards Holland can be stimulated."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang