Posting Pics

Discussion in 'Posting Policies' started by bluegrassvet1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. bluegrassvet1

bluegrassvet1 Viper Owner

How do you post full size pics instead of the thumbnails?

2. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Viper Owner

search the FAQ's

or simply upload them to a picture hosting service and then use the tags IIRC

3. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

From the thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...des-steps-on-signing-up-posting-pictures-PM-s

POSTING PICTURES

Posting pictures is one of the most common questions! Do a search and you will find MANY threads on the subject. It really is simple and with the following description, I hope to make this as easy as possible!

1 – When signed into your forum account, click on Gallery located in the center of the Directional information bar at the top of the page.

2 – Click on Upload Photos on the next page. You will find the Upload Photos link on the right side of the page under the Directional information bar.

3 – Select the button Select Photos to Upload and choose pictures from your computer hard drive. You may choose to upload one or more photos to upload at once.

4 – Hit Upload/Submit for the pictures to upload.

5 – Once your photos have been uploaded, you will be taken to a page where you can title the picture and add a picture description if you so choose. Again click Submit when done.

6 – Your pictures have now been uploaded!

Now that you have uploaded your pictures to the VCA website, you will now need to post them into a thread if you want others to see it outside of your photo album (also known as Media Gallery)

To post the pictures, do the following:

1 – Again go to Media Gallery.

2- Now click on Members Galleries.

3 – Click on the letter your Screen Name starts with.

4 – Find your Screen Name and click on the picture, not your name!

5 – This will now take you to your photo album where all of your pictures you have uploaded are stored. Click on the picture you would like to post.

6 – After clicking on the photo, you will see three sections under the photo listed as Linked Thumbnail, Linked Image, and Medium Image. Using your mouse, right click on the text in the box to the right of the words Medium Image. A little drop-down menu will appear. Click Copy.

7 – Go to the Thread you would like to post the picture into. By using either the Quick Reply or Advanced Reply method, again right click in the text area where you would type your question. A little drop down menu will again appear. Click paste. Now that address link you copied in the photo area will be posted there. It will look something like http://...... [img] This is your photo.

8 – Type in whatever else you want to say in that post, or add more photos, then hit Submit. You will now see your picture posted! That’s it! You’re done! I might suggest if you plan on posting more than one picture in a thread, open a second Web browser window (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) and use one window to copy the picture info (where you hit Copy) and leave the other window in the thread you are posting the pictures (where you hit Paste). This will speed things up a lot for you! If for some reason your picture you posted does not turn out right, hit Edit, go back and erase the picture info, and re-copy and paste the photo information again. You may have copied the wrong link or accidentally deleted a number or letter in the information line.

4. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Beat me to it Plum!

5. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Viper Owner

silver faster than yellow....thats why :)

6. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Oh here we go! :rolaugh:

7. V10SpeedLuvr

V10SpeedLuvr Enthusiast

I can sum up the page long description the MoparBoy posted into one sentence :) Upload photo to photobucket.com and then paste the "img code" into the thread you want the pic to appear in.

8. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

There is that way too if you use Photobucket. Much easier for sure.

9. bluegrassvet1

Thanks guys. I tried to search the old threads, but it appears it will take some time learning the ropes. Appreciate your help

10. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

If you still have issues, just post here what is happening and I will help walk you through it. :)

11. bluegrassvet1

[​IMG]

I think I got it

12. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

I would say so! Lol

Well done!

13. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

It can also be blown up one size larger if you need it to be.

14. bluegrassvet1

That sounds like the advanced course. lol

15. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Lol. Yes. It is a bit more involved. ;)