Power Steering Problems!

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Viper and it had some leaking from the top of the power steering. I took the car into a good local shop and they replaced the hose and fitting.
Everything was fine for about 5 days and then after running some errands, so drive and stop about 3 times (so the car gets good and warm), as I am leaving
my parking spot in the parking lot, I hear a pop and see power steering fluid everywhere. I took it back to the shop and no hose was ruptured, they said it was
a fitting on one of the hoses. They fixed for free and drove it about 2 weeks and pop the same thing. After driving around, running errands, and the car is getting
warmed up, it happens again. They say this is a flaw with the viper and the power steering, that the fitting is poorly designed. That it just snaps on and that
makes it prone to coming off. Is there another aftermarket power steering solution? What can be done so that it does not come off all the time? Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dale Lemke.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Another option is JTSVP lines (JTS Venom Performance). They have a kit that replaces the factory quick connect fitting with an AN style one. I don't like the hose routing as much, but the fitting is a nice deal. The hose really needs a 90 on either end instead of a 45 and a 90, but if you really wanted to you could have a shop make one with double 90s.