Power window switch?

Captain50

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have the new power window switch for my 2000 gts-- the window will go down but not up-- just happened-- want to replace it-- does the bezel just pop off? dont want to mess anything up-- all data just says to remove and replace it?,, first time on here . have had the car for 110 days--- still cant get over it...ha ha thank you

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Botom part with the Ash tray is just held with a few push clips and velcro
The part around the stereo is push clip fit..
Remove ashtray..
Start on the bottom part then pull the stereo surround carfully from bottom up..

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bezel just pop off? dont want to mess anything up-- all data just says to remove and replace it

Botom part with the Ash tray is just held with a few push clips and velcro
The part around the stereo is push clip fit..
Remove ashtray..
Start on the bottom part then pull the stereo surround carfully from bottom up..

What Baz said; but it was intimidating for me, not knowing where the clips were. You want to concentrate force in the vicinity of the clips rather than stressing it by pulling "far" away from where it is being held down. There is Velcro in the two rear most corners, and these photos show where the tabs are. (Getting this off is the first step in doing a aftermarket shifter if you do it from the top)

TAO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes the bezel just pops off. There are about 6 clips (maybe more) as you release it.

OP
OP
C

Captain50

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks -- first question on here-- and great answers--- thank you very much:):)

alexander m embry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the wires between the car and car door for the window are the thicker ones and usally dont break but worth a look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss