Prayers for Gary....

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby:

Ben, Sandy and I were very sorry to hear about the incident, but very thankful to hear that Gary's now doing better. I think you know we've always enjoyed your company, both on and off the track, and look forward to resuming our brotherly bond that is the VRL/Viper Days. Please give him our best!

With warmest regards,
Rich

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are making PROGRESS!!!! Gary was moved from ICU this afternoon to a regular room. He has started some Physical Therapy, and they got him up and out of bed this morning (that was lots of fun). They then moved him to a private room, got him in bed and he was about to drift off almost immediately. They have almost all tubes out now, but he is still very very bruised and weak. They are still watching some of his bruising for signs of clots, but so far so good. No solid food yet, we are starting broths & jell-o today. He did ask about the VRL races today and wanted all of the details....GOOD sign.

All of your prayers and thoughts are helping and we do appreciate all of them and all of you. I'll update again tommorrow.

Thanks all,
Libby Lashinsky

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary is a friend and good competitor. I was in the race when the accident happened, it brings you back to reality very quickly when things like this happen. All we can say is our prayers are with Gary, Libby, and Brandy. Get well soon, we want you back on your feet soon.

God Bless,
Steve

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!... Very sorry to hear this. Gary and family... you are in our prayers... God Speed

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Libby. Getting out of ICU and into a private room is great news. Gary and you are in our prayers. All the best.

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,
Sorry this one is coming out so late in the day. Gary is progressing well and did get his first solid food last night and has been up and getting Pysical Therapy. However we did have a small set back this morning when the Dr. found a blood clot in his leg. They were able to get a "filter" inserted today and will be watching him closely but feel confident that this will take care of it for the time being. He will have to go on blood thinners, but they don't want him to do that until we can get him safely home due to the possibilty of hemoraging. He did finally get to eat about 3:00 this afternoon and ate well. His voice and throat are still giving him a little trouble (from the breathing tube they had in) but all signs are going and looking good.

I have received many calls & e-mails and many inquires about the address for the hospital or hotel here and since we really don't know when he may be released, please send cards to our office and they will forward them by Fed Exp if necessary. As for any flowers, PLEASE wait until I can get him home...he is going to have recovery time even after we can get home and I know he would enjoy them there rather than worry about possibly NOT getting them or having to leave them behind.

We both REALLY appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and concern and speaking just for me...it means SO MUCH, you are ALL helping to keep me going and strong for him.

Thank you and don't stop yet please,
Libby Lashinsky

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm a little tired this evening meant to give office address for cards 1053 Van Arsdale Street, Oviedo, FL 32765

Sorry & thanks
Libby

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Friends of Gary and Libby
I spoke to Libby late this afternoon and she reported that Gary is still improving and still in Texas. She sounded well but obviously spent and tired through this ordeal. I reiterated that they are in the Viper Nation's prayers and thoughts. All who know this wonderful couple love and respect them dearly and please send your thoughts to them when possible.

Bob Carroll
National VCA President

1badasssrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby,
Thank you for keeping us updated! Gary and you are in everyone's thoughts and prayers and hope he is on his way to a speedy recovery. Remember, he has Venom in his blood and we all look forward to seeing him up and around soon!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby, You are a Godsend for Gary, and this obviously takes a toll on you as well. Our thoughts go out to both of you, and your family as well. Glad to hear that Gary is coming along and hopefully he will be able to come home soon. Think what ViperGTSBob meant was possibly the 'Viper Nation' AND the VCA are all thinking of you. Our best.~juli & mike

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS!!!!! They released Gary from the hospital today and we are back at the Hotel, he is extremely tired but so HAPPY to be out of the hospital. This throat/voice are still very sore and he can barely talk over a whisper, but is still trying to be "in charge"....LOL on that one right now! If all goes well tonight, we will drive back to Houston sometime tomorrow and fly home Saturday morning. He has to see his regular Dr. Monday or Tuesday and his Cardiologist ASAP just to be on the safe side and to follow up on the blood clot. His Cardiologist told us today that his recovery has been absolutely incredible and that he had fully expected him to be in ICU for a week.

I have no doubt that a lot of his recovery is due to his determination and every bit as much to all of the prayers and thoughts that you have all passed on to both of us. We can never fully express how much it has meant and does mean to us. Don't give them up for us just yet, but thanks for all of them so far. I may not post an update tomorrow, but definitely will once we get home Saturday.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Libby Lashinsky

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby

That's great to hear. Thanks for taking you time to keep us all updated. Make sure you hide the Viper keys until Gary is cleared by the Doctors to race again. See you guys here in Kansas in October for the Finals.
Tim

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby & Gary and your family as well, glad to hear Gary is out of the hospital, I'm sure it will do him a world of good to be going home and be with all of you....glad he's got the Viper Spirit in him!!! We keep you all in our thoughts. ~juli & mike~

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary lot's of Chicken Noodle Soup, Rest, Rest, Rest. I am very pleased you are on the road to recovery. Libby your are a great soul mate and wife! You should be commended for watching over him and helping him through this ordeal. Get well soon I am sure you will look forward to stepping back up and hitting the weekend warrior trails. Speedy recovery Gary!!!!!!!

Bernie

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Libby,

Many thanks for sharing the great news!

Prayers work, Hallelujah!!

So happy to hear that Gary is out of the hospital. Looks like the worst is over, just don't overdo anything until Gary is fully recovered (I know, easier said than done).

I am sure that in a few days, Gary will be chomping at the bit and start talking about his next Comp Coupe...

Libby, keep us posted and stay strong! We are pulling for you all the way to the West Coast.

One of our SoCal VCA members ( Dave K.) knew you when he lived in Florida, his handle is now "Newport Viper". His thoughts and prayers are with the both of you as well.

I am keeping SoCal VCA updated on Gary's condition. Here is the link:
http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_members_regions.htm
Forum > Events for all Viper Owners > Track Events > Prayers for Gary Lashinsky

Gary, best wishes for a complete and rapid recovery!!!!

Vypr Phil :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you feel it...Can you feel it...Can you feel it.

That is the warm wishes being sent to Gary and Libby from all his fellow track rats.

Seems like Gary is even faster out of the hospital than he is out of the corners.

Well wishes from your fast friends.

Tom Francis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby,

Great news :) I am glad to hear that Gary will soon be home. I will keep praying for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Tom Francis
Viper Race Headquarters

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news.

I'll try to catch up with you both over the weekend.

SOOOOO happy he's out of the hospital. Of course, as you mentioned, now comes the challenging part of keeping him on the straight and narrow path to recovery.

Hang in there and try to take some time and get some real rest when you get home - you have to be EXHAUSTED - so take care of yourself,too, OK?

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary and Libby,

Your friends in New Jersey wish you well and our prayers and thoughts are with you! You two are anchors of the VCA, and are extremely respected up here in the North!

Put the hammer down Gary on the speedy recovery...it sounds like your headed to the winners cicle of recovery in the next few laps:drive: :2tu:

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Saturday afternoon and we are home in ORLANDO.....YEAH!!!! Gary is VERY tired, swollen, bruised and his voice is still not back, but boy is nice to be home. He has a Dr. appointment Monday morning, follow up and check on the clot. He is able to move around mostly own his own although very slowly and we did have a wheelchair in both airports that made it easier on both of us.

He & I both are very very thankful and grateful to you all for all the prayers and thoughts and sends (mostly sign language right now) and send his best to you all. We hope to make it to Viper Days for Finals, he won't be driving yet though.

He really is a great guy, and not just because he's mine, but somehow he managed before we got home to have flowers delivered for me to say How much he appreciated me...needless to say I got a little teary eyed!

I will keep you posted as needed and he will be answering some of the e-mail's sent to him in the next few days as he feels up to it.

I will never be able to tell you how much all of you and support has meant to me.....THANK YOU!!!!
Libby Lashinsky

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear Gary is home and resting comfortably.
Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you both.

Denny & Ginger
:usa:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I send our prayers and wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Gary and offer our full support for both he and Libby.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby, I was speaking to Tom Sessions this morning and just found out what happened to Gary. I apologize for being so out of touch with our ViperDays family this year. I am very glad he made it through this ordeal as well as he has. This sort of thing is always on our mind when we get behind the wheel of any vehicle we operate but we never expect it to actually happen. I wish Gary a speedy and complete recovery. As you probably know healing takes time and he is probably impatient like me, but keep him safe.

Greg Spears

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All My Viper Freinds:

I can't tell you how much your prayers and concerns mean to me. I know Libby has kept you abreast on my recovery. I took a pretty big hit in Texas. Thank god for all the saftey built into the Viper Comp. Coupe. It saved my life. It will be a couple of monthe before I am back to near 100%, I have lots of pain and swelling from the impact of the concrete wall.

Libby is the greatest. I am blessed with her and yes, I am listeneing to her! Thank all you. The Viper/Viper Days family is important to both Libby and me and we love and appreciate all of your concerns and prayers.

For you guys out there running your stock or modified street Viper on the track, get a HANS Device, roll bar, six point harness, race seat and use them for your safety.

God Bless all of you!

Gary

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All My Viper Freinds:

I can't tell you how much your prayers and concerns mean to me. I know Libby has kept you abreast on my recovery. I took a pretty big hit in Texas. Thank god for all the saftey built into the Viper Comp. Coupe. It saved my life. It will be a couple of monthe before I am back to near 100%, I have lots of pain and swelling from the impact of the concrete wall.

Libby is the greatest. I am blessed with her and yes, I am listeneing to her! Thank all you. The Viper/Viper Days family is important to both Libby and me and we love and appreciate all of your concerns and prayers.

For you guys out there running your stock or modified street Viper on the track, get a HANS Device, roll bar, six point harness, race seat and use them for your safety.

God Bless all of you!

Gary

Great to hear from you Gary!

Be patient and strong, you will fully recover; the whole "Viper Nation" is pulling for you.

And yes, Libby is the greatest; she kept us informed of your progress and I know that many of us prayed for her and for you.

Vypr Phil

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All My Viper Freinds:

God Bless all of you!

Gary
We've heard enough about your health... you'll be fine. Tell about your next Viper! ;)

Seriously though... glad to hear you're doing well.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, very good to hear from you personally...am very sorry about your pain...hope your recovery is speedy and bless Libby for being there for you!! We are thinking about you and your family...mike & juli

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,
I know it's been a while since the last update, and we are both SO VERY THANKFUL to you all for prayers, thoughts, cards, calls, etc., and we love you all. Gary is doing MUCH better, has started Physical Therapy and doing well, PAIN after each session and then he has to suffer thru me doing more PT/massage to the bruised/swollen area (hip & thigh). GOOD NEWS..he has been able to get back to the office this week, maximum of 2 hours per day and he is doing really great! He still has a bit to go, but is doing better every day. We will be going to Detroit next week for the VCA Zone Director/DAL Meeting and are planning on being at Viper Days "Finals" in October (Gary WILL NOT be driving at Finals, we are just attending).

There still seems to be questions about whether his seat belts/harnesses were fastened......THEY WERE!!!!!!! The DR.S in ER told me that if his safety equipment, i.e., belts, Hans, helmet, roll cage, etc., had NOT worked, we would not be having this conversation!!!! The car and SAFETY equipment WORKED!!!!!!!

Thank You all for Everything, it means so MUCH to BOTH of us and you ALL gave ME so much support when I really needed it, I could NEVER thank you enough. I will keep you updated as Gary progresses, but again THANK YOU!!!!!!

Libby Lashinsky

:) :)