Pretty Impressive warranty coverage

Discussion in 'Tire , Wheel, Brake and Suspension' started by [email protected], Mar 7, 2012.

1. Luke@tirerack

[email protected] Enthusiast

Just had a call from a forum member who had a run in with a pothole in downtown Chicago on the way to a business meeting. This monster sized crater caused one of his Pilot Super Sport tires to rapidly deflate. He called because he wanted to let me know how well Michelin handled the customer service and technician dispatch. He was back on the road in less than 45 minutes without working up a sweat and getting dirty from changing the tire

In case you are not familiar with the latest tire warranty from Michelin here's a blurb about the added warranty coverage

All Michelin tires are covered by the Michelin Promise Plan so, you get the standard mileage warranty on most models but, also this additional warranty coverage

[​IMG]

2. eucharistos

eucharistos Viper Owner

good info, thanks

3. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Viper Owner

Towing 150 miles up to 3 years is great.

4. ACR steve

ACR steve Viper Owner

Great info

5. MTGTS

MTGTS Viper Owner

I had a horrible experience with my PS2's. One of my rears developed 3 bubbles on the tire. 2 on the outside and 1 on the inside. I called Michelin and they had me take the rim/tire to an authorized Michelin dealer for inspection. Tire had 7/32 remaining. Michelin called me back after the dealer inspected the tire and said that I must have hit something. I told them there was no way that that happened. They were on my show wheels which weren't on that often to begin with and the roads are pretty decent around here. Plus, the fact that it was on a rear tire. Was I going 70mph backwards running over potholes? My complaint was going nowhere so I just gave up and got another tire. I won't be buying anymore Michelin tires for this reason. I think the new PSS's are a great tire but I'll never own a set.