Problem Posting

V

Venomiss

You have to be a VCA member to post there.
If you are a member then PM one of the moderators here with your information-VIN address....and make sure your profile is filled out too. Only they can see it. Lee00blacksilverGTS or kcobean can help.
They will check your number and get you going.

If you are not a member please look in the new owners section on how to join the
VCA.:) Here is how.
http://forums.viperclub.org/2403732-post1.html
Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to be a member of the VCA (Paid Membership) to access the local forums. Contact one of the Admins if you wish to become a member.

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Looks like I need to join VCA. Just bought the car last week, I guess this is the next step.

Thanks,

Nick

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Looks like I need to join VCA. Just bought the car last week, I guess this is the next step.
Thanks,
Nick

May I ask what Viper did you buy? If NEW, you will automatically be given a year's free membership to the VCA. Welcome aboard and to our region...will love to hear about your car! ~juli

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick, since your VIN was in your profile (THANK YOU!!!), I've updated your title to Viper owner. I'd like to point you to this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html

It lays out all of the perks you get as a member of THE BEST and probably most active car club in the world. If you have ANY questions about the club, you can PM any of the staff here, or you can call VCA Headquarters direct at 1.800.998.1110.

Kelly

PS: The fifth character of your VIN is a Z, not a 2 (true for all American VIN'd Vipers). Fixed it for ya in your profile. ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New to me. It's a 2006 SRT10. I got it with just over 5,000 miles on it. Not a scratch on it. Corsa exhaust, K&N Intake, Gears (still trying to find out which ones), tint and a whole lot of HP.
You must be registered for see images attach

May I ask what Viper did you buy? If NEW, you will automatically be given a year's free membership to the VCA. Welcome aboard and to our region...will love to hear about your car! ~juli

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm calling today to get signed up. Thanks for the info.

Hey Nick, since your VIN was in your profile (THANK YOU!!!), I've updated your title to Viper owner. I'd like to point you to this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html

It lays out all of the perks you get as a member of THE BEST and probably most active car club in the world. If you have ANY questions about the club, you can PM any of the staff here, or you can call VCA Headquarters direct at 1.800.998.1110.

Kelly

PS: The fifth character of your VIN is a Z, not a 2 (true for all American VIN'd Vipers). Fixed it for ya in your profile. ;)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to me. It's a 2006 SRT10. I got it with just over 5,000 miles on it. Not a scratch on it. Corsa exhaust, K&N Intake, Gears (still trying to find out which ones), tint and a whole lot of HP.

Red is so hard to photograph...one minute it's orange, the next it's pink. :D

Out of curiosity, are those stripes aftermarket? I only ask because it doesn't appear that they touch the windshield seal.

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HAHAHA, it does look pink in the second photo doesn't it.
Couldn't tell you. My impression was that they are stock but I'm not that familiar with vipers yet. I can tell you that the are not painted on which I found odd. They are stickers.
I didnt like them in the pictures before I bought the car but in person they look great. I'm going to powdercoat the wheels black which should really set them off.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT is the combo we DREAM of in a GTS though...red w/black stripes...like ViperJon's AWESOME car. THAT is one beautiful '06...different gears too, huh? Maybe 3.55's? GORGEOUS, and congrats on first-time Viper ownership! (An '06 qualifies for free membership, doesn't it Kelly?)
~juli
***YESSSS to the black powder-coated wheels!!!! That'll set it off VERY nicely!~!***
(Our stripes are also not painted on)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHA, it does look pink in the second photo doesn't it.
Couldn't tell you. My impression was that they are stock but I'm not that familiar with vipers yet. I can tell you that the are not painted on which I found odd. They are stickers.
I didnt like them in the pictures before I bought the car but in person they look great. I'm going to powdercoat the wheels black which should really set them off.

If they're vinyl, they're aftermarket. Be careful washing/waxing those bad-boys. They'll peel over time.

I'm with Juli though, that is one of my favorite color combos (next to yellow/black of course ;) )

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Only new vehicle purchases through Dodge dealers qualify for the COOL program complimentary membership.

Ah, I see, thank you kind sir!~! :2tu: And, what Kelly said about the stripes, be VERY VERY careful when washing/waxing/detailing! ~juli

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried calling VCA to register and left a msg. No answer. Is there any other way I can do it?

I think the stripes are stock. Why would you think they are vinyl aftermarket? What are the factory ones made of? Be careful waxing b/c I might lift an edge? I always wax my own cars and do it by hand. No buffing machine or anything. I think I should be okay. Stupid question but do you wax the stripes? When I washed the car I wasn't worried about the stripes but I was surprised how cheap the dodge and viper emblems are. I think I might just take them off. Is there a new member intro thread? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks again for all the info.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/2403732-post1.html
Maybe this can help with the membership question. The aftermarket stripes are vinyl overlays...we do same as you, wax with the stripes as well. We actually don't even WASH our car, we detail spray after gently wiping with the California Duster...and use WET dryer sheets (VERY WET) on BUGS on the front fascia...works wonders, then detail spray the residue off. Yeah, we don't buff either, so no worry about damage to the stripes that way. (I think the stock stripes are painted on/Prefix/Saleen? Kelly can confirm that). Our very warm welcome to you, and JRT/Viper HQ is very good at getting back to their messages~! ANY help you need, we are all here for ya~! ~juli

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried calling VCA to register and left a msg. No answer. Is there any other way I can do it?

I think the stripes are stock. Why would you think they are vinyl aftermarket? What are the factory ones made of? Be careful waxing b/c I might lift an edge? I always wax my own cars and do it by hand. No buffing machine or anything. I think I should be okay. Stupid question but do you wax the stripes? When I washed the car I wasn't worried about the stripes but I was surprised how cheap the dodge and viper emblems are. I think I might just take them off. Is there a new member intro thread? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks again for all the info.

It looks like Viper Magazine is in the middle of a paypal interface upgrade, otherwise you could join online via Dodge VIPER Magazine. You may have just caught VCA HQ busy on the phones, as I believe the same folks are doing a good bit of the legwork for VOI-10. Give it a bit and call back, or you can mail in your application and payment:

http://www.viperclub.org/regions/vcamembershipapplication.pdf

The factory stripes on Vipers are painted on (most models are anyway, there were a few earlier years that had vinyl that was clear-coated over I believe), not vinyl overlays. If you want clarification, give Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge a call with VIN in hand (Remember this name, he's an important guy to know...phone number 914-763-3136). He can look up the paint code(s) associated with your VIN. If there is only one paint code associated, it was a non-striped car, if there are two, it had factory stripes painted on.

On a previous car of mine that had some vinyl work on it, I waxed the vinyl with the rest of the car. Had to be careful though not to cause the vinyl to peel at the edges (mine was much more intricate than stripes, but same principle applies).

There is a new member section here:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/

Not an 'intro' section per se, but lots of new folks intro themselves there anyway.

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I printed out the pdf and will send it in. You have me thinking my stripes are fake now. I feel a little deceived. Kind of like a date I had once...hahaha.
I spoke to my dealer today. He said I have 3:54 gears. I've owned a few mustangs before this and I always thought gears were 3:55, 3:73 or 4:11. I've never heard of 3:54s. Do these exist for vipers? Or have I been deceived again?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I printed out the pdf and will send it in. You have me thinking my stripes are fake now. I feel a little deceived. Kind of like a date I had once...hahaha.
I spoke to my dealer today. He said I have 3:54 gears. I've owned a few mustangs before this and I always thought gears were 3:55, 3:73 or 4:11. I've never heard of 3:54s. Do these exist for vipers? Or have I been deceived again?

Well, "fake" is a relative term. They're real, just aftermarket. The stripes on my car are "fake" too..just painted on, so my car is technically a yellow-jacket in drag as a bumblebee!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

For what it's worth, don't let it get to you. You still own a beautiful, powerful car and if you take care of those stripes, they'll last for a good long time. My car was woefully misrepresented by the dealer that I bought from. It bothered me for awhile, but I wasn't going to let it get me down, you shouldn't either.

And the gears....3.55, not 3.54. ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HAH, I guessed correctly 3.55's! :D LOL...I'm sorry you feel deceived, if it's just the stripes, we can all live with those, can't we? Kelly has an AWESOME Bumblebee his-self~!!! YOU have an AWEsome Viper...one that is unique and hope that it gives you as much happiness as our Vipers give to us~! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!! :drive::drive::drive: ~juli