Purchasing a Viper

brNOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 19 year old norwegian hoping to fulfill a childhood dream.
Fall 2009 I'm hopefully going to college in Florida and I'm planning to save up for a 2003< Viper SRT-10.
I'm seeing those on eBay for around $50 000, but is that a realistic price for one in a good condition?

I'm planning on owning it for one year, and then selling it off again.
No plans on bringing it to Norway, it would cost me over $200 000 in taxes!

When it comes to insurance,
I will probably be 21 when I'm buying it and non us-citizen on a foreign license.
What would be a realistic price for insurance for one year?

Is there a lot of unforseen costs, like repairs and such? Any advices in general?

Thank you so much for your help :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 19 year old norwegian hoping to fulfill a childhood dream.
Fall 2009 I'm hopefully going to college in Florida and I'm planning to save up for a 2003< Viper SRT-10.
I'm seeing those on eBay for around $50 000, but is that a realistic price for one in a good condition?

I'm planning on owning it for one year, and then selling it off again.
No plans on bringing it to Norway, it would cost me over $200 000 in taxes!

When it comes to insurance,
I will probably be 21 when I'm buying it and non us-citizen on a foreign license.
What would be a realistic price for insurance for one year?

Is there a lot of unforseen costs, like repairs and such? Any advices in general?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Florida: North & Central
John Canal
[email protected]
Florida: South
Ivan R. **
[email protected]

A few suggestions:

When you get serious about your purchase, check all the VCA listings (as opposed to eBay). Odds are FAR greater that you'll find an excellent Viper from a club member than from a stranger. Regardless, contact one of the Florida region presidents for their guidance. There may be several local members who are considering the sale of their Vipers, but have not listed them.

Insurance varies significantly from state to state, however, under 25 years old will command a heavy premium. Again, I'd ask the region presidents, but I'm sure some Florida resident will post up some numbers.

Good luck!