Purner wheels and brake dust

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Sean Roe duct kit, lowered the car 1" with Eibach springs, put on front air deflectors and R-4 (race) pads to run the last track event of the year at PPIR. Front brake dust accumulation on the stock wheels was tremendous! I was told this was due to the race pads, and deflectors doing their job and driving the dust to the outside of the wheel while cooling the rotors. Don't know if the Roe ducting or lowering had an effect.

Jerry Scott, fellow Colorado Viper racer who kicked my butt, was running Purner wheels on the front. He had no noticable brake dust accumulation whuile running similar pads, PF, and said it was the design of the wheel. Where does all that dust go? What an endorsement for Purner wheels, to be able to run race pads on the street or track and not have them filled with brake dust!

You must be registered for see images

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Shot in the dark here, but do you think the difference might be because he's on the gas more than the brakes? Less time on the brakes = less dust, more throttle = more airflow thru the wheels. I bet Jerry burns more fuel in a day than you do to get those faster times.

Bob Woodhouse always tells me "brakes just slow you down." There's something deep about that simple country philosophy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave