Question 4 U

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tito, thank you very kindly for the FULL BOTTLE of detail wax spray I received today. We have already used it (between work here and there, lol)...and it DOES work very very well. We'll see how it does when time to get bugs/grit off it, but yes, it's shiny & smooooooooth. Looks like a winner so far~! Thank You. ~juli

Tito fixed me up with a gallon of the detail sprayer...Juli you will have competition when I get the VOIX ACR....we will compare pics of that bright silver and Tito's product.....I am sure with all that Plant dust it will need a good going over....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tito fixed me up with a gallon of the detail sprayer...Juli you will have competition when I get the VOIX ACR....we will compare pics of that bright silver and Tito's product.....I am sure with all that Plant dust it will need a good going over....

VOIX ACR???? Truly? When do you get it? THAT is awesome~~! LOL on the plant dust (well, maybe not really a laughing matter...:smirk:) YES, I await YOUR pics! :2tu: ~juli

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear juli, Originally, we sent you a small sample, but the more I kept thinking about the challenge, the more concerned I got regarding the size of the bottle. So early in the morning, I packed a larger one to ensure that you had enough product for your test. I now have to wait to see if our product graduates and moves onto the Viper:rolaugh:

I just want to thank you for allowing me this opportunity.

Art, thank you for your support and I can't wait to see the new ride.

While on the subject of the Spray~N~Wax, I have taken the liberty to provide the results of a test that we did awhile back.

On another forum, we had a “Friendly Debate” that I'd to call it a “draw,” since neither one of the contenders could make a decision about the targeted subject. During that debate, the performance of the so-called Spray Wax came into discussion. This Spray Wax is a product commonly found within many car care lines - not our particular brand - but a spray wax product itself.

With that in my mind, it got me thinking: maybe my contender is right. Maybe spray waxes are nothing more than a “myth.” So I decided to conduct our own test.

Background

We chose a 1965 trunk lid, a lid that we have used since 2005 we had borrowed the trunk lid for the 2005 National Car Show in Atlanta Georgia, the so-called Nopi Nationals, Organization we sponsor during the 2005 racing season. The car was from Florida, but how well the previous owner cared for it is unknown. I know the car was used from 1965 to 1976, and at the end of the car-life, due to a bad engine, it was parked outside.

The trunk lid had its ORIGINAL paint, now faded and dull. The left side had been prepared by us and no wet sanding had ever been done. We did, however, clay it and, using our products along with a Porter Cable machine, got the best shine that we could accomplish with our products. This showed us that, with the proper technique, tools and products that deliver as advertised, your car's surface can remain a long term investment.

Trunk lid out of storage "As is" (you can click on the photos to enlarge them)

You must be registered for see images

The right side had NEVER been touched, aside from a wash with straight plain water. There was no buffing, sanding, detailing, or single product used on the surface. The test carried out was to see if a Spray Wax could make ANY difference if applied all alone. Of course, today’s car finishes are much better since not too many 1965 panels are used for R&D.

The left side was re-touched to bring the shine back to life. This was clearly seen. The right side remained as we found it originally in 2005. I washed both sides with plain water. The left side shows that it had been protected and the wax job's performance was evident. The right side still appeared as old and dull. With the water applied, little to nothing could be seen, other than a dull finish.

After wash and a little TLC to the left side ONLY

Nothing was accomplished by look or feel. Next, I applied a layer of our spray wax, ONLY to the right side and only to the right portion of the lid. I followed the instructions as indicated on the label.

Clearly signs of two different color tones

As a result, you could actually feel the difference. It was much smoother and, if you looked closely, you could see the right section slightly shine - not much, but enough to see the line where the spray wax was applied. After the spray wax was applied with the help of my assistant, we rinsed the lid with water from a small bucket. Again the left side performed as expected; on the right side absolutely no improvement was seen.

Special helper for the REAL test, the water Test,

left Side

Right Side

With the water little to nothing could be seen, nothing more than a dull finish, nothing was accomplish.

End result a complete failure

I was very disappointed. My contender was correct! Maybe we needed to discontinue this product since we could never sell a spray wax that doesn’t perform as we claim. Then it occurred to me that the water from the bucket was not the correct way to go about it. So we move to another location, next to the garden hose. As I placed the lid on the grass I could imagine my contender next to me, smiling with an I-told-you-so look. Again, we rinsed the lid. Still, nothing happened. As I start walking away I could see that on the right side at the very end of the lid edge, the water was running downward. It was a sign of hope.

So I rinsed again and waited 5 minutes. I could see the same results, not exactly what I was expecting, but now I had something to look forward to. I dried the lid and applied another coat of the spray wax. After I finished removing the excess, I rinsed it again. The results were fantastic!

Different location with the garden hose, zero progress

Now you could CLEARLY see that we had accomplished our goal: a temporary protection, nothing more, nothing less. The product DID work! It worked as it was intended. Yes, it took two coats, but remember, we are talking about a trunk lid from 1965. The test reconfirmed that the spray wax does provide protection and it is a great temporary solution.

Huge progress been made right in front of our own eyes

The only down side is that I have used the original show lid and can never said again that it is "all original." At the end of the day, we can affirm that Spray Waxes do work. After all, I may have to send some to my contender as a token of gratitude for pushing us to prove our own product claims!

Final Answer, Turbo Wax Spray-N-Wax has deliver.The photos don't lie, The Spray-n- Wax has risen to the occassion

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear juli, Originally, we sent you a small sample, but the more I kept thinking about the challenge, the more concerned I got regarding the size of the bottle. So early in the morning, I packed a larger one to ensure that you had enough product for your test. I now have to wait to see if our product graduates and moves onto the Viper:rolaugh:
I just want to thank you for allowing me this opportunity.
Thank you, Tito. That's pretty a very extensive explanation of your testing...wow!
I was very impressed you sent a full bottle. We HAVE used it on both our vehicles (Viper/Vette)....haven't driven them yet, but they really do look gorgeous. The 'feel' is exactly as you said, very-very smooooooooth. So far, we are LIKING it and proclaiming it a winner~!
VERY glad you are on here as a SITE SPONSOR...that was the clincher for ME to want to try your products. You will get orders from me...we have a Viper cruise today, I will bring that along and show people just WHAT made the Viper shine so (of course, it's new, so yes, it was very clean/shiny in first place...this just seemed to enhance it...and we're predicted for RAIN, so we'll see how it does with the water repellent--knowing there's only one coat so far we know).
Thank You again for putting yourself out there...we are liiking what we see~! ~juli

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, we try our best.:)

Just one more thing to digest:D You see that shinny paint that feels so nice with your hand ? you should try to do the following test,Using a very thin sandwich clear bag, place your hand inside and gently pass it across the surface, "IF" you feel anything at all it means that the paint has contaminant's and eventually you will have to wash the car and remove them. :drive:

The key to a nice finish is the preparation of the surface, no magical products are needed.:2tu:

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
juli emailed me this AM telling how good the cars look with this product. im curious to hear what she thinks after they drive them today. then after they wash the cars....thats how you impress me with wax, how it looks AFTER the car is washed a few times.

tito, dont give up. im a die hard user of another product, but i like how you keep coming back and answering questions, thats how to gain respect here. good for yu !

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you :)

Theres a huge factor on the performance and durability of the product, "IF" the car shampoo is not PH it will strip your wax out and therefore the product will not perform.

A couple of factors come into play here. First, the strength of the wash solution is a key factor.

The Ph of the wash solution must be neutral. A wash solution that is too harsh or high in surfactants will prematurely "wash" the wax from the surface, and this applies to all waxes.

The amount of washes will vary because of the many variables surrounding each situation.Let me give you an example. Person A waxes his car, drives it once a week and gives it an occasional rinse off maybe once every two weeks; he may go six months between waxes.

Person B washes his car one to two times per week, occasionally goes through the drive -through car wash, a rain storm or two, and waxes his car every three or four months.

Now,the amount of washes may be the same, but the time-line is different. Another key factor to consider is the proper preparation of the surface before wax is ever applied.Unless the surface is free on contaminants such as tar, over-spray, tree sap, etc., then the wax will just be applied to the surface contaminants and not the surface proper.

Like anything else in the marketplace, all products seek their own level of justification based on the cost of producing the product and the quality of the ingredients in the product. A common characteristic of the lesser cost products in the market is the unusually high content of solvents in the product.

High content solvent products will give a quick shine, that is true, but this will not last, and through prolonged use of products like these will cause the paint to deteriorate and become dull on the surface. Then after a while you will hear, that the surface is so dull, I guess it needs to be buffed out.

So,let's start out correctly by applying a coating to the surface that does what it is supposed to do and that is to protect the surface and give a long -lasting shine.:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will get pictures of the Vette especially, as the VOIX is so new, the shine is basically the same with the turbowax spray wax detailer. The VETTE is the one that REALLY shines like a SHOW CAR. (Did the plastic baggie test, slides over everywhere...as the cars are kept spotlessly clean, thank you!)
You have to understand also here: PLUMCRAZY has GREAT pull/influence on here!!!!! :)
For him to even acknowledge you and your product, you've impressed us~!!! Will get pics up later.
Thank you again...juli

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tito,

I am one of those people that waxes like its a religion. I use only one brand but I have used many other brands and products in the past but never found any that I liked.
Three things come into play for me.
1. Results
2. ease of use
3. completeness of product line

I am a slight bit OCD and I like things to match so to have different brand products really bothers me.

But the real question I have for you is have you compared your products to leaders like Meguiar's or Zaino? How did they compare?

I am not a professional detailer but I am usually very pleased with my results. I only use hand products, never buffers, but I use all the steps from washing, claying, cleaner, polish, wax, and finish detailers. As well as full interior detailers.

I would be happy to try your products on my Viper truck. It hasn't had a good detail in over a year and is not in perfect condition so the results would be very clear. Do you think Turbo Wax can compete with Meguiars ?

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, First we are not like other companies that go around talking bad about other brands, it’s just not our style, not like some people that immediately assume this or that without knowing the real facts.

Before we get started let me clarify some points.

1-We came into the car care market because of our passion for the automobile.

2-We are a family owned and operated company, that’s why we can provide a customer service second to none. While others sleep and enjoy their nights and weekends we work hard for our customers.

3-We are aware that we won’t win over many customers and like you said cars are like religion, once you are from x religion you won’t change, chances are you won’t even want to see what the other religion is about.

4- We never claim to have the best product in the world, what we claim is that our products will perform as we say they will, others mostly don't.

5-They are Affordable, easy to apply and remove with great durability.

6-There's no mixing of products.

7- No crazy drying times required.

8-With the proper maintenance you can protect your car finish and you don’t have to break the bank, now if you have lots of money and the “LUXURY” to apply multiple coats and you need that social status that “I use *** brand” then that is the product for you. Of course if you ask any *** brand lover they will tell you that we don’t know what we are talking about.

Pictures always look great minutes after cleaning with any product period.

9- At times we get all caught up in the debate on what is best, it depends on who you ask, if you ask a *** brand lover if there’s any other products outthere they will tell you that *** particular brand is the best in the world, they are the same people, who are constantly patting each other on the back. These guys are afraid of anything new. They know it all already.

The above mentioned are excellent points.

Three things come into play for me.
1. Results
2. Easy to use
3. Completeness of product line

From those 3, I believe we fulfill the first two, Results from the feedback we get from our customers is so far so good, now we have to take into consideration that we are talking about a product in a certain price range.

Easy to use- Hands down we have a huge edge on this department, Our wax will not stain plastic or rubber moldings, simply wipe them off. Our wax will not create any powder residue and something that not many other companies will tell you that from one of our 16oz bottles you can get 32 applications, and anything less either you are waxing a lot or you are using way too much product. Which by the way the number one mistake people make. Not to read the instructions.

Regarding the 3rd one, in all honestly we come short BUT there’s a reason for it, we started with one single product, we now have 15. We have our oxidation block and now we have our own buffing pads, as you can see we are growing at a slow pace, should one day I come across an investor to put this in second gear I have all the resources to get us to that point.

You are not alone when you mention that you do all the work by hand, The KEY is as you mentioned, if the results that you are looking for please you, what’s wrong with that? Regardless of the brand. If you as a comsumer are happy that’s all it matters. Car Forums are Great BUT they can be mispeading at times..

I spent 1 year in the Reno Desert in Nevada, and there's no other place with the type of conditions that we saw over there. Over there we conducted a test every day on many aspects, and the results were very positive.

Type of tests that were conducted.( Over 50 brands of products were tested)

One of the many tests that we did

Today 5-7-2006

As we continue to push our product line we have done the following test.

The test mule was a rental car, a neutral car that we had nothing to do with it. We prepared the "Hood" on the left side by applying our wax and on the right side we applied a "Leading Brand". The test was simple, apply the wax and see what happens.

As we are in the Reno Desert in Nevada, conditions are exceptional, windy and very dusty during the day; temperature of 90 degrees (The sun here is very strong and feels like 100 degrees.) at night it’s around 62. We recorded 156F degrees on the trunk!

We waxed the hood on 5-8-06 and to our surprise we had rain on 5-18-06 so the hood was exposed to the ambient weather for 10 long days. If you look real close, compare the left side (our side) to the right side, you be the judge.

Today 5-23-06
It’s been 15 days since our first and only application, we got rain on day number 10, and I never wipe, wash, or clean the hood. We never even touched it. Although I wanted to wash it, here we are 15 days later and to my surprise we got rain again, so this test is up to date and is the most difficult test that we have ever done. I let the pictures speak for themselves, expecting even more from our or any other product under these conditions is just silly, but we will continue the test to see how far we can go.

I won’t disclose the "other" product because is not fair that they are not present to represent it.

5-25-06

Test completed. We washed the car and applied the Spray Wax. Results were extremely positive.

As you can see I have provided the main answer to your question(s).

Thank you for your time.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tito, maybe you did it and im just ******** for NOT seeing it. but can you do a HOW TO for your products ? wash,strip,prep,wax,clean etc .....

i agree, the wash has to be whats recommended for the wax or its a waste of time and effort.

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please take a look and tell me if this is acceptable.

As soon as I get a Viper I will do another one, I'm crossing my fingers.:)

How to Detail a Car | eHow.com

As I mentioned before day by day we are making more progress. We will have a complete series of videos on how to use our products, here is a sample.

Good or bad any feedback is Greatly appreciated :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AB6vr9ySs[/media]

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I was exceeding your sentence limit:(BUT, I'm trying my best to answer the questions in detail:dunno:for that I'm guilty:D:rolaugh:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thank you for the response Tito. Not exactly what I was looking for as an answer but I understand the way you answered it.

You mentioned that you don't have a quick detailer because its the same as a spray wax? I use a lot of quick detailer and I have seen a noticable difference in some over others. Mostly depending on the type and amount of wax contained in the spray. What wax does your product use?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pics of the Corvette after two applications (night before) of turbowax detail wax spray:

IMG_20221.JPG

IMG_20181.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

Bugs came off EXtremely easily...we like this better than the product we used before.
THUMBS UP! :2tu: Thank you, Tito....juli

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugs came off EXtremely easily...we like this better than the product we used before.

WOW We pass the Test !!!:D:D

:beer::nana::jawdrop::jawdrop::bigok::clap::hail:

Thank you for the opportunity again.:2tu::headbang:

OP
OP
T

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm PRETTY hard to impress

YOU !........... What about the rest of the Humanoids out here :rolaugh::rolaugh::D

Thanks !:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235