Question about the polish on CCW wheels

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my SP600s installed on the car and was doing the usual cleaning/waxing.

My question is to those that have CCW wheels, are the inside of each spoke polished? Not the rotor side of the spoke but the sides of the spoke that face each other?

On mine they are not polished and in fact do not look uniform at all. The outer surface of the spoke which you see in typical pictures is polished, the inner diameter of the wheel is polished but not the sides of each spoke. In fact the inner diameter is the best looking part of the wheel.

I guess before I start asking CCW about this I want to make sure it is a "issue" or just the way they build wheels based on what you guys have seen. And of course now the tires are mounted etc.

Even if this is normal, is there a way to "polish" this area? I do not think Mother's polish is going to cut it. Does someone use a different product that can help polish these areas up? And do you use a "tool" to help with the speed in which you can polish these areas? I will post pics later.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the other products to try. However the primary question is are your spokes from CCW polished just on the front side AND on the side of each spoke? Mine are not and would like to know if this is what others have paid for?

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The CCW wheels can be had either way alot of times it is how you order them that determains what finish level you get.

Hum, if that is true it would have been nice of them to ASK me what level of finish I wanted when I called to place the order. I would have actually ordered a wheel that was polished on all sides of the spoke (minus the back) rather than just the front. The side of the spokes is already oxidizing (staining). The website does not allude to a choice of polish other than secondary operations.

Guess I will try out some of the polishes recommended as well as finding a tool to help with the job. Thank goodness I did not order the 505's.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCW polishes their wheels with a commercial version of Flitz polish and also recommended Mother's Billet. I have tried many types of polish including Mother's Billet and nothing I tried compare to Adam's polish.

Another tip is that I used Poorboys Wheel Sealant and it seems to really protect the shine on the wheels. I haven't even had to polish them yet and the brake dust rinses right off.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCW polishes their wheels with a commercial version of Flitz polish and also recommended Mother's Billet. I have tried many types of polish including Mother's Billet and nothing I tried compare to Adam's polish.

Another tip is that I used Poorboys Wheel Sealant and it seems to really protect the shine on the wheels. I haven't even had to polish them yet and the brake dust rinses right off.

flitz is awesome! :2tu:

http://www.flitz.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62