Race calibrated chip ...part# P5007313

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking into installing the race calibrated chip in my 2000 RT/10. The only mods i have are the K&N's with the smooth tubes. I understand that for optimum effect this certain chip also needs headers and performance exhaust....along with the filters and smooth tubes. i've been told that with just the filters and smooth tubes i should see a gain of about 30HP. Also, any prices floatin around out there? Any feedback would be helpful.
Thx
Rick

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more than a chip...actually entire CPU (ECU) brain....Sean Roe has one at roeracing.com and JonB has the Mopar at partsrack.com

I am happy with mine, but truthfully, have not been able to quantify the difference yet....painfully simple install....15 minutes max....plus you have to "teach it" as well...it is fully adaptive...as your current one is now....see what others have to say but it is about $350-500 depending who you buy from

Good Luck

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The usual gain with filters & tubes is 8-12 HP. I would expect a MOPAR ECU swap to pick up 0-5 additional HP. MOPAR ECUs are used primarily (a) for more heavily modified cars or (b) to avoid 'check engine' warning lights on cars which get them while using the stock ECU.

Sean Roe's ECU may provide more power. I'd be interested to see before/after dyno results.

OP
OP
R

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx guys. Just had a nice lengthy talk with John the Guru. Nix on the chip....or CPU...which ever you like to call it. Think i'll just go with the flywheel and 3:55 gear set. Was gettin a little carried away there....as if the Viper didn't have enuff cahones...but i must say......that new 2003 still looks like a camaro to me. man o man.
You must be registered for see images

Later
Rick

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
At Desert Venom, we've removed the MOPAR computer upgrade from our Viper racecars. We found no improvement in performance but eventually we began to have problems with starting and idling after we installed the upgrade. Our cars were prime candidates for the upgrade, with free flow filters and tubes plus headers and no cats. Eddie Martin from Bill Luke Dodge can fill you in on the details. I haven't heard if this issue has been resolved.

Reaction score
That's an interesting result. Was the car dyno'd right after the MOPAR ECU was installed, or after the usual 300 mile adaption cycle?
I've had the MOPAR ECU in my car for several hundred miles now with no driveability problems. It certainly idles lower (like 400 RPM) but hasn't ever tried to stall or otherwise misbehave...

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mopar race computer works. I did a real world test in NJ at the altlantic mopar nationals. Steve Seagal was running 12.6 and 12.5's all morning (real hot humid day). We installed a mopar computer instant 12.3 . Rest of day ran 12.1 to 12.3 .

We also dyno tested Ron Ricketts car with Hennessy air box k&N filters, and Mopar cat back test's yeilded 10 hp difference in favor of mopar computer.

The mopar computer is designed to help keep the Cat's from overheating with the mods they list. I have k&n filters, smooth tubes, roller rockers, 1 3/4 headers and B&B cat back system (cats cut in half for less restriction) and ported and polished heads and the mopar computer and passed the Ontario Emission test with flying colours. The big difference I notice with the computer is the throttle response is better and more torque.

I have over 5000 Kms or 3000 miles on my computer with no driveabilty problems.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can calibrate all Viper computers from 1992-2006 to your specific modifications. Feel free to contact us.