Racelogic traction control

Reaction score
Woodhouse Performance product update

We would like to share some experiences with you about the Racelogic Traction Control system we offer to dealers and the general public. The Racelogic traction control is one of the most innovative ways to increase the performance of any vehicle. It helps utilize all of the available traction for any given situation while (helping) to maintain control of the vehicle.

With the Racelogic traction control you will be able to safely explore the limits of any high performance vehicle. It can help with suspension setup as well by tuning out the “traction factor” as far as throttle induced oversteer is concerned. Once you have balanced the setup for the car with the T.C. you will be able to introduce varying degrees of oversteer to the setup based on where you set the slip values of the analog or digital control boxes. We have learned that the available programming parameters are vast and the real key to getting the best performance is to learn the operating system and tune for the individual car and driving style.

My own experience with the system on my modified Mustang Cobra started with the love of the launch control feature for Solo2 and Pro Solo events. The Cobra is very hard to launch because of the lack of weight transfer especially when lowered and tires not optimized for straight line acceleration. What I found is that the smoothest way to better the launch was not with the rpm alone but using the % slip overrides and the delay features to smooth the transition from launch control to slip control. This enables the car to rapidly accelerate and not jump to the highest cut level of the four available right off the line. Another factor is the speeds that the T.C. engages at; if you set them to low you can bog in the lower rpms, optimizing this gives smooth powerful acceleration.

I have found with my application that the consistency of the launch is 100% better than trying to figure it out each time by feel. This consistency will not only help if drag racing but will help take your mind off the launch and let you concentrate on driving, not to mention the reduced stress on your clutch. My 60’ times were consistently .2 - .4 seconds better with the Racelogic helping on a fairly slick asphalt surface.

In the area of increased traction on the road or a road course the Racelogic traction control will provide maximized grip and/or lower your lap times with consistency again offering you repeatable control on corner exits that save time by not allowing you to lose control and have to spend time correcting a bad situation. This is not to say the car will be boring, you will be able to increase the amount of slip/oversteer you desire as your skill level increases. Testing on our World Challenge Viper has shown decreased lap times of up to 1.5 seconds on a 2 and a half minute course, this increases exponentially in the wet. The Racelogic traction control offers a level of improvement that is unprecedented in an arena as competitive as the SCCA World Challenge and its supremacy and price point assured it would be an instant must have item for the other competitors in this series.

Woodhouse Performance has always stood behind the products we recommend and the Racelogic traction control is no exception. We offer a level of product support and back ground knowledge second to none and are always available to help with any setup or installation questions you may have.

Thanks,
Mark Jorgensen

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable alternative to going with a more expensive Quaife set up, which many people tout for several of the same types of benefits. Granted, the quaife also helps the rear stand up to modded motors with big RWHP output (like 700+), but most SRTs aren't up there, and this might be a less expensive way to go.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Racelogic traction control (RLTC)

I've spent 2+ years trying to make my TC work properly. It doesn't. On N/A applications, i've had good luck but on SC and TT, not so much.

Mark has offered to help me out and so i'm going to take him up on that. I'd purchased the RLTC unit from the company before woodhouse that was responsible for support. But I've also worked with the developers at RL and have sent my unit back twice to them in the UK.

I've also talked to a couple of TT tuners in the US who have not had an ideal experience with the RLTC on their car.

But I'm still optimistic. And Mark - I'm actually gonna call you next week now that I'm ready to do some testing.

so more to come... We shall see.

Joseph

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score

The price for the Viper spec kit with the correct programming for N/A or S/C is $1635 analog and $1860 for the digital controlled shipped. The install really is not bad if you have the shop manual and can identify the correct wires for the injectors and ABS. We do very clean installs so it looks factory and hide the controller in the center console. You would not need to go to these extremes but do need to protect the control box and do a good job with connectors and soildering.

Mark Jorgensen

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark -

Thanks for the chat today! Looking forward to trying a few things out. You'll have e-mail in a little bit...

Thanks again!

Joseph

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD if you get this thing working right on your TT car can you post here, or PM me? much appreciated

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ripped it off over the weekend. I'm going to give the vendor (who assured me that i could have my $$ back if it didn't work) a chance to respond to me. Else i'm going to either toss it or e-bay it. i'm not 100% sure that it actually works right now, even though i'd sent it back to RL twice... given that i don't think i can sell it on ebay. RL or Woodhouse might be willing to check it out for me, but I've got over 2k into my set-up (speed sensors, the TC-8 with all the options, and the Digital Adjuster) and i'm not happy that it was an absolute waste.

Thanks for asking! timely as well!

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have it on my 05, not very happy with it,got woodhouse on phone and corrected it but still not happy with it, slows car out of hole. anybody want it ill sell for 600 dollars.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The vendor I purchased from swore they'd take it back if it didn't work. So much for that... can't even get the guys in the UK to respond now.

sorry to hear about your troubles with it too!

JD

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD,

Dont you have an AEM unit?

You know it has TC built in and it works fantastic once you learn how to use it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Russ -

I had the RL before the AEM. And my experience with the AEM TC isn't particularly good. I understand how to use it, but it is a PITA and for drag racing it hasn't been impressive at all.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD,

On a turbo car the TC works miracles, there are numerous drag cars that use it with fantastic results. Supercharged and N/A is a bit more tricky since you need to drop a whole lot of power and its hard to do if you use timing only.

What I found on my car was that using the ignition cut will get you excelent results when used beyond 1st gear. From a stop however I have yet to come up with a good program, but its still a lot better than no TC in 1st.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score

JD,
So the program I sent did not work correctly or was the setup of your wheel speed sensors the issue do you think? I would like to know your thoughts and I have been waiting for the UK to call me also sometimes he is out of the office for a few days at a time with projects.

Thanks,
Mark

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark -

The program didn't help me at all, unfortunately. The WSS set-up was still correct and the wheel speeds were being detected properly. All 4. The cuts were not happening, however. Neither with your program nor with mine. The unit has been removed and Mike @ RL has offered to allow me to return it for inspection to make sure the unit is actually working. Once I get it back, i'll either keep it or sell it. If Mike can tell me that there was something wrong with the unit and that it is fixed, that will make me a little happier, but this would not be the 1st time that happened. If he tells me it works perfectly, i don't know if i can sell it in good conscience. this is b/c i wasn't able to confirm that myself one bit.

thanks for trying... but Matrix (old RL distributor) was the one who told me "money back guarantee no matter what" and that wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

JD

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the best traction control.Brain linked to right foot programed by experience. GTS Bruce

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the best traction control.Brain linked to right foot programed by experience. GTS Bruce

I'm surprised some of these guys didn't already think of that!
You should PM them so that you can share some more of your vast knowledge...

Just think, a high HP car like Josephs' plus your expertise = unbeatable!!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How could I have missed that! In 7 years of viper ownership i never knew that this darn pedal on the right was anything more than an on/off switch!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable alternative to going with a more expensive Quaife set up, which many people tout for several of the same types of benefits. Granted, the quaife also helps the rear stand up to modded motors with big RWHP output (like 700+), but most SRTs aren't up there, and this might be a less expensive way to go.

Quaife isn't traction control or anything like traction control.

Quaife is an auto performance modification.

TC is a driver performance modification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redphazer