Ram SRT 10 experience, gas mileage ?

Aco 2K RT10 SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there!

I know the fuel consumption of a ram srt is astronomically. but does anyone have any experiences with gas mileage in the city and on the highway. How is driving at high speeds, is it as loud inside as in the viper?
Any experiences about the ram srt are appreciated. Thinking about buying one.

regards

Aco
Steel Gray RT/10

Ramman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VCA Ram SRT-10 get close to 19 MPG at 70 MPH in 6th gear, Around town its good for 9 to 10 MPG if you paly alot. Overall its more fun than any of my three vipers. Inside noiuse is very low unless you nail it.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true you can't pull a trailer with the Ram SRT-10/

At the SRT-4 nationals this year, I got to talk to the head of the SRT Ram program and some other SRT engineers about towing. One said that the required testing was not performed. Another said "you want an automatic for that". Knowing they were going to release an automatic soon, I can see why they didn't do the testing. Here's a link to a post of some information from someone very knowledgeable regarding towing with the SRT-10 Ram.

http://www.srt10forum.com/showthread.php?t=233

I have a hitch on mine and will trailer soon.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will the automatic get better or worse then the 6 speed?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From everything I've heard and read, the clutch is the weak link (just like the articles say in the link above).

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope to have the first Ram SRT-10 Black Quad Cab in California... sounds like it may also be the 1st with a Paxton Super Charger also

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge just released the SRT Quad Cab that does have a towing capacity of 7500 lbs. It comes with a tow package.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see:Buy an expensive heavy weight 500HP gasoline vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick and then worry about gas mileage?If you actualy need anywhere that kind of truck capaicity,you need a 3/4 ton diesel with more capacity and much higher has mileage. Bruce

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce... Now just wait a darn minute. I make over $6.50 per hour and I have plenty of money saved up to pay for my gas. I was just wondering how far I could expect to go on a tank of gas while driving in style.

I can't understand why anyone would ever want a diesel with the smoke, smell and pinging... I'll stick with the great looks and power of the Ram SRT-10 Quad!