Random info from Ralph at Virginia show

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems a number of us had private conversations with Ralph throughout the day. How about getting some cool facts together in this one thread?

1. There are 7 total Gen V's built, which collectively have to drive 1,000,000 miles before launch.
2. The new SRT hood and stripe styles will be revealed soon.
3. The stripe width on the Forza game is officially official now...although when SRT submitted those dimensions, it wasn't.
4. The SRT hood will have 6 exhausters, but each vent will be noticeably larger than the 2 on the GTS hood.

I'm sure there is more, but I have to keep thinking. Anyone else add what you chatted about!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm ready for all the beans to be spilled. I guess that won't happen until the million mile treck is over.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5. trim pieces that are carbon on the GTS will be body color on the SRT (previously I heard they would be black)
6. they are looking into an option to allow the carbon of the major body show, they have to have better carbon layout process, but looking into it as a future option.
7. at one point in the interview they interviewer said it must be a help to share with Ferrari now, etc., Ralph made it very clear that nothing on the Viper is from or developed by Ferrari, they source from the same seat company, but that's as close as it gets, he was prideful about that point.
8. the rear spoiler will be a bit taller, he did point out that the car was a show car & not production, so there will be little tweak differences & better fit/finish.
9. he wobbled the open clamshell hood to show how light it was, and it seemed very very light, and showed how when put down in place it's secure and strong, due to the carbon fiber, etc.

- that's about all I can add at the moment myself

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<<There are 7 total Gen V's built, which collectively have to drive 1,000,000 miles before launch>>>

Hope they are all different colors...need to see something besides Stryker Red!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5. trim pieces that are carbon on the GTS will be body color on the SRT (previously I heard they would be black)
6. they are looking into an option to allow the carbon of the major body show, they have to have better carbon layout process, but looking into it as a future option.
7. at one point in the interview they interviewer said it must be a help to share with Ferrari now, etc., Ralph made it very clear that nothing on the Viper is from or developed by Ferrari, they source from the same seat company, but that's as close as it gets, he was prideful about that point.
8. the rear spoiler will be a bit taller, he did point out that the car was a show car & not production, so there will be little tweak differences & better fit/finish.
9. he wobbled the open clamshell hood to show how light it was, and it seemed very very light, and showed how when put down in place it's secure and strong, due to the carbon fiber, etc.

- that's about all I can add at the moment myself

I'm ready to see #6. Seriously, I wish SRT would release some new media at least.

VIPER Magazine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch your mailbox...

Viper_April_2012_Cover.jpg

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bet that was one of the versions that Ralph alluded to, he said they worked on several, like with the stripes of varrying widths, etc. The one on the mag cover fits his verbal description to us from Sunday.

Not sure about the blue though, hmmm. Why on earth wouldn't they have picked GTS blue as the next promo color???? C'mon now.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Yeah, I can't wait to check it out in the magazine. In reading the spec sheet (as I do every night before bed), I'm a little disappointed that they're using vinyl for the SRT seats (leather insert) and most of the interior, but I'll just have to see it in person. Also the SRT will come with black brake calipers instead of red, but that will be an easy fix. As much as I love the ole 6 vent hood, the GTS hood has really grown on me. We can all agree it's time to say good-bye to the days of upgrading your hood. Man, that piece is going to be expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc