RE: Fall Foliage Cruise less than 2 weeks away

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fall Foliage Cruise
Sunday October 2, 2011
All Aboard!!!!!!
Hi Everyone
This year seems like a lot of events needed to be booked in advance.:crazy2: This event is also one of them. This event is one of our most attended events of the year.:2tu: Probably because it is one of the last event before we retire our Vipers for the season.:omg: This year we are trying something a little different. We are going to cruise:drive: up to North Conway and enjoy the cruise in our Vipers and then board the Conway Scenic train and enjoy lunch :eater:on the train while seeing the foliage from a different angle.:dunno: This event should be really exciting and a lot of fun also. So we need to book a head count for lunch on the train ASAP.
We will meet at the Hooksett Rest area on 93 heading north. We will meet for 10:00 and depart for 10:30 SHARP!!!. We will then cruise up to North Conway where we board the Conway Scenic Railroad. at 1:30 so please eat a breakfast before the journey, checkout there web site: www.conwayscenic.com . The dining car was built by the Pullman Company back in 1929. While enjoying lunch we will be leaving the North Conway Village to Bartlett. Joe Mori has set up parking and a attendant to watch our Vipers while we are on our excursion. The price of the ticket include the 55 minute first class train ride and lunch which is $31.50 per person, children 4-12 is $23.50 and that will include a appetizer, entrée and dessert. Beverages & gratuities are separate. Once we reach 20 people we will call to see if we can get a group rate. For the price it seems like a great time. We have never tried this before and we are excited about trying this out. So we need to book our seating on the dining car which accepts 47 people and at the height of the foliage season underway the sooner we get our reservations in the better. So this event is rain or shine. This event is like the clambake; if you commit you need to show. So if you are interested in going please let me know ASAP, so we can make the necessary arrangements. I hope you can make it.:headbang:
Please specify
1[SUP]st[/SUP] class train ride and lunch $31.50 per person. Limited to 47 people.
Coach train ride and a box lunch 26.50 per person.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
The train for the Fall Foliage cruise is down to 1 seat. There is plenty of seating in coach. Should be a great cruise up and back. Joe has mentioned that it is peak season this week. Good weekend for leaf peeping. I hope you can join us. Rick

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that want more, after the train ride, I will be leading a group up over the Kanc. This route adds about 20-30 minutes to most peoples ride home. That is unless we stop at the top!

If you factor in traffic (my route will have less), it could equal out.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
We have people reserving coach seats for lunch. So if you are interested let me know ASAP. Rick

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another great event too bad we had rain. Well some of us still took our vipers we have all winter to get them all cleaned up, and had a great time. Too bad our driving events are over for the year. Great job to all.:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth