Re-Flash on LC-1 ?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My LC-1 stopped working. Recalibrated LC-1 and sensor. During sensor warm-up, gets to 14.6...dwells for a moment, and resets to 7.6. Got a new BOSCH sensor and did the new sensor calibration, et al accoring to the manual with exactly the same end result. I do not get any flashing code indicators other than the normal during warm-up and calibration...just a steady red thereafter. The system worked flawlesly for about 6 months I suppose. I was doing some VEC datalogging and all of a sudden the gauge and Analogue output went haywire. No reply from Innovate yet. I'll call next week. The manual indicates that a LC-1 "Reflash" may be an option. Anyone ever go down this path?? I hope I can accomplish this via the serial in.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I fixed it myself. I did the firmware update to the LM programmer, reprogrammed Analogue 1 and 2 outputs (output 1 to the gauge and output 2 to the VEC), and recalibrated the entire system yet again. For whatever reason, this time it worked. What a waste of time, but I guess something must have gotten corrupted along the way. Lots of issues with the LC-1 on the Innovagte web page/forum. Glad its fixed...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of problems with my LC-1 as well. Joe Donovan spent 2 days trying to get it to work. I'm wondering if it's worth it to go through the whole process or just replace it with an AEM?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of problems with my LC-1 as well. Joe Donovan spent 2 days trying to get it to work. I'm wondering if it's worth it to go through the whole process or just replace it with an AEM?

Did you disconnect the sensor, and then power the LC-1 for a least 5 seconds. That resets it. You then need to do the heater and free air calibration proceedure over.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure but the more I research the more I'm guessing that the start up procedure wasn't done correctly. The sensor is probably fried by now since the car has been running for a few weeks without the LC-1 being turned on.

Now I'm wondering if the LC-1 is damaged too by having the power on without being hooked up to a sensor. The car has been driven a few times and many dyno pulls with the LC-1 not hooked up to a sensor but powered.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure but the more I research the more I'm guessing that the start up procedure wasn't done correctly. The sensor is probably fried by now since the car has been running for a few weeks without the LC-1 being turned on.

Now I'm wondering if the LC-1 is damaged too by having the power on without being hooked up to a sensor. The car has been driven a few times and many dyno pulls with the LC-1 not hooked up to a sensor but powered.

Call Innovate. Just guessing but I wouldn't think you hurt the LC-1. Probably just need a new sensor.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess the LC-1 won't get damaged according to Innovate. All I need to do now is spend another $75 for a new sensor and try it again.