Re: Group Buy On SCT Handheld Flash Programmers

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same first impressions with the 93 octane program, the powerband is more linear, and now, the temperature never goes beyond 190° even in stop and go parisian trafic (with a 180° thermostat). Big improvement!

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this programmer change how long the fuel pump runs during start up? the reason I ask is because I have a 96 rt/10 with a bad fuel check valve. if this could allow the fuel to run longer than 2 seconds it would make starting the car alot easier instead of cycling the ignition key several times to have the fuel far enough up the line so the car will start.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, it can't turn the ASD relay on longer than the 2 seconds its set to without the engine running.
Maybe run a supplemental momentary pushbutton switch to activate the fuel pump relay?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone dyno their cars yet? I dyno'd today. Same dyno and operator as the last time I dyno'd. Nearly 2 years ago, my car put down 449rwhp/461rwtq on the stock tune. I made about 7 pulls today with the different tunes loaded on the SCT. The best pull? 452rwhp/468twtq, on the stock tune. No mods have been made since the last dyno. I first ran on the 93 tune, since I've been driving with that tune installed for several weeks. First run was poor(437/420), which he said might have had to do with tire slippage. Second run was 442/461 followed by a 446/467. AFR was showing 13.8, so I decided not to try the 94 tune. I then installed the 91 tune. Results were 440/468 and 440/470. AFR was still kinda high at 13.7. I was then curious as to what the stock program would do. I reloaded the stock tune and pulled the 452/468. AFR on the stock tune was 12.3. I am by no means a dyno expert, so if anyone can offer some advice based on the graph, I'm all ears. The dyno operator said it looked like the car was not getting enough fuel on the custom tunes. I only put 3 runs on the graph so it would be easier to read. Numbers are all SAE corrected. I will e-mail Roe and hopefully get this ironed out. Car still feels "smoother" when it's on the custom tunes, but I wouldn't spend $500 for the smoother ride. :D

EDIT: Run 003=93 tune, 005=91 tune, 006= stock tune

SCT_Dyno_runs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, fuel makes power and we need to put some back in.
Got your email this morning.
You haven't said anywhere what octane fuel you have?
I'll reply in the email also.
Strange that you're not seeing the big difference in the mid range. Had the PCM in it ever been falshed before?
The baseline numbers are VERY strong for a car that has just smooth tubes, better air filters, no cats and a cat back.
Will send you a new batch of files to load into the SCT based on what it just did.
You'll need a standard USB cable (plugs into the bottom).
Click on this SCT link http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php
Select DCX part #9550 and Device update software, then download the Liveload software.
You'll select the files I send you in that software and then load them into your flash device.
Takes about 10 minutes for everything.

Regards,
Sean

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, fuel makes power and we need to put some back in.
Got your email this morning.
You haven't said anywhere what octane fuel you have?
I'll reply in the email also.
Strange that you're not seeing the big difference in the mid range. Had the PCM in it ever been falshed before?
The baseline numbers are VERY strong for a car that has just smooth tubes, better air filters, no cats and a cat back.
Will send you a new batch of files to load into the SCT based on what it just did.
You'll need a standard USB cable (plugs into the bottom).
Click on this SCT link http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php
Select DCX part #9550 and Device update software, then download the Liveload software.
You'll select the files I send you in that software and then load them into your flash device.
Takes about 10 minutes for everything.

Regards,
Sean

Not sure about the PCM being flashed before, but that's what I was thinking after my first dyno. These posts were made on April 18 in this thread:

Should we start a new thread with questions other than related to the group buy? That being said, I'll ask a question here:

I bought my Viper 3 years ago and I'm the 3rd owner. I have no idea if the previous owner(s) had the pcm reprogrammed. I was surprised when I dyno'd my car, as it put down 449rwhp/470rwtq(edit: actually 461rwtq). The mods are smooth tubes, hi-flo cats, and exhaust. I expected about 420-430rwhp. Do you think it's possible to gain 20rwhp+/- with the SCT programmer over what I put down? I know every dyno is different, so maybe the local dyno reads higher. The numbers were corrected and from a DynoJet. I'd just hate to buy the programmer and not gain or even lose power.

Another question. If the car battery dies, will that affect the tune stored on the pcm when replacing the battery?

Thanks!

That's just about where it should be, depending on what "exhaust" mods it has past high flow cats. On a '97 that probably started at about 405-410 RWHP stock, you can gain 15-17 RWHP for the cats and 17-20 RWHP for the smooth tubes and filters. Add a cat-back as the "exhaust" mod and you're right on target.
What you didn't do was increase the fuel at lower RPM, which gains throttle response / torque (and HP of course) and add ignition advance in the midrange (more torque again). Those would be the biggest areas of gain, though the upper RPM will benefit from the timing and fuel changes also.

If the battery dies or is disconnected, the program will not be lost.

I always use 93 octane, as it's the highest we have in the area. Thanks for the fast response. I'm really in no hurry, though. It'll be a little while before I can re-dyno.

Ted

Last edited:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received the updates and uploaded them to the Flash device. I received an error telling me the device was not connected. I then upgraded the firmware from 1.27 to 1.28. Tried again and everything went as planned. All in all, it took maybe 5 minutes for everything. So easy a caveman can do it. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R