Re-Paint Bubbled Valve covers?

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The right side valve cover on my 99RT is bubbled and starting to peel. I see where some guys change to polished aluminum so you would think some spare used ones would be floating around. I haven't been able to find any. This winter I could take tme off and get repainted but can't find who does that on Viper covers either. Krinkle paint or is it powdercoat.We have a powder coater here but he doesn't know where to get the product?? or paint.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some call it "krinkle paint" but it is a powder coat process. Your powder coater should have a list of supplier catalogs to look through to find it.

OP
OP
R

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THX, I put some feelers out and will post when I find out what the product is. RA

OP
OP
R

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ashed the question at VOI to the Viper engineers and they were going to find out and post it on the SRT.com page. So they say.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine poweder coated and it didn't turn out very well. However I've seen some people who know how to powder coat and theirs turned out to be glass smooth.

OP
OP
R

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody else have the bubble blister valve cover problem? or just me? Looking for a factory red right side cover not peeling. Will send back mine as a core.Need Gen2 with only oil cap hole on the top.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powder coat them.
Second. Just coat them. There is at least black, grey, silver and red wrinkle powders out there, plus they really look grear in a smooth color to match the car if you do the intake also.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine powder coated, and either they didn't know what they were doing, didn't prep well, or used the wrong materials. Within a year, it was peeling again (from the valve covers, and the intake manifold).
I had them painted body color (glass black) with Viper red logo. Looks good.

Oh yeah -

:needpics:

:D don't have any on this computer, though