RE: Sprin Opener Sunday April 17 Sweet !!!!

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
This year’s Spring Opener is sponsored by Bob Cummings:2tu: and we are headed to Maine to Visit the Nubble Light House. We also have a great restaurant picked out right on the ocean at Captain and Patty’s Place.
We will be meeting at the first rest area/info center in New Hampshire on Rte 95 heading North at 10:30 and we will depart at 11:00 sharp. Please bring change or your Easy Pass as there is a section that is a toll road. We will then leave and take a cruise :drive:to the Nubble Light House. It is a cool light house and was commissioned in 1879 and it is on an island. The workers and goods would have to take the cable trolley to get across. You can check out their web site @ www.lighthouse.cc/capeneddick/ . We will stay for a while to view the light house and take a few pictures.
We will then take a cruise and go for lunch:eater: at Captain and Patty’s Restaurant. Our reservations are at 1:30 so have breakfast or bring snacks. Usually the N.E. Viper Club buys lunch at this event. I’m sorry to say this year that everyone will have to pay for their own meals. The club is just too tight on funds this year.:dunno: You can check out Captain and Patty’s Restaurant @ www.capandpatty.com/ .
It’s been a long winter,:omg: so we hope you can join us for this event. Being this is our first event of the year, we usually have a great turnout.:D Remember for the last few years we have been working on our member Log Book. We passed out some at the Christmas party for those who were there. If you didn’t receive a Log Book, we have plenty to pass out to our members at this event and throughout the year. I think they came out pretty good.
Being this is our first run of the year, prior to the event make sure your inspection sticker is up to date and your insurance is back on. Do a minor checklist:confused: like checking the status of your battery, tires, oil, and brake lights and etc… Also being the first run of the year, it is nice when everyone has a 2 way radio. We set the channel to 2:10. You can pick them up at Radio Shack or BJ’s and are priced around $35.00. They are nice to have in the Viper so you can hear what’s going on.
So let me know if you can make it, I need to give the restaurant a head count to set up lunch for us. It’s going to be a good time and I hope you can make it.:headbang:
Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
It's only Monday night and we have & Vipers going. I hope the weather cooperates this Sunday. I hope you can make it. Rick

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if I will be able to make it or not. I'm scheduled for Carpal Tunnel surgery on Friday morning on my right wrist. I'll have to play this one by ear ( or wrist ).

Peter

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather does look a little iffy in the a.m., but I am planning on cruising anyway. Even if the event gets called off, I will be out and about with the Viper :headbang:

:usa: Nick :usa:

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nick
We decide that the event is on. So we are expecting you to make sure the weather is good for Sunday. LOL See you tomorrow. Rick

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the wife gives me the all clear for tomorrow for no baby duty... I get the ties on.. take car off jacks... fluids all good. tire pressure a go. I call insurance at 5:10 pm... they close at 5:00pm. Doh.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, confirmed with my mother (insurance agent). A message requesting coverage is sufficient. We will expect you there!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another great day! Shawn, you missed a fun event. I have never seen the ocean right after a storm and just after high tide. What power! It was a sight to see the ocean waves crashing over the road.

We should see some awesome photos from today soon.

Thanks Rick for the watch!

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a BLAST!!! It's so nice to be a full-fledged member now and be able to participate as a Viper Owner! I had a great time today, from meeting up with Shaun and Janet for the ride down, to seeing all the familiar faces of the NEVCA once again... What a perfect day we had. Chasing the tail end of a storm that showed us how powerful the ocean can be, heading into a day of sunshine and great cruising weather :drive:

I am so looking forward to our next event!

Here are some pics from today...

You must be registered for see images

---------------------------------------------------------

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, just got back to the hotel after having dinner, and re-living our day. Janet and I are so happy to have been able to come down and enjoy the Spring Opener with all our new and old friends fron the New England Viper Club! Thankfully, the rain went away, to allow us to go on a beautiful scenic cruise to the Nubble Lighthouse, and then enjoy a relaxing lunch by the sea! We want to thank the club for presenting us with a "Longest Distance Travelled" award. We have a spot all ready for it in the "Viper Den" and will cherish it always. Thanks to Nick and Joe for the ****** along the water on the way back to our hotel. Hope to see some of you at Tator's Toga next month. If not, will see you in August at the Exotic Car Show.
Shaun

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow those are some awesome photos. The drive was a bit too far for me, 4 hours each way, plus I don't have the Viper up here yet. Looking to have it up here around May 8th so I will start participating in events starting with Tatertoga. (Love the stripes on the silver one, that has been the first time I have seen them in an up close photo).

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish i could have made it, i'm scrambling to get stuff done on my GTS now and will be cutting it close to make it to the next cruise :omg:

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on the pictures Nick....question is which one of you took the best ones ??hmmm...... :hmmm:....:dunno:
Great to see you as a pilot Nick....:drive:
See you at the Blood Drive event....:heart:

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick your top was up what up with that? Looks like you all had a great time. Wish I could have gone