Rear calipers with 40mm pistons

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of sets of 40mm conversions of the non-ABS rear caliper put together and ready to go. If anyone's interested, has questions, is curious about what this is, or wants them later (end of summer timing?) please PM or email me. I have a small info sheet I can send or if you are really interested, I can email you a 1Mb explanation of how to rebuild them yourself.

I'll be at the July 31 dyno day at Visions of Speed (Poughkeepsie, NY) and can explain why Dodge probably doesn't want everybody rebuilding them. I can also show what the 40mm difference is (OEM is 36mm,) and also how not different it is (i.e. fits where OEM caliper fits, same pads, no cutting off arms, no new brake lines, etc.)

The procedure that works for everyone: I send you the rebuilt calipers, you do the switch and make sure your car is up and running again (there are little springs and things to make sure you have) and then send me your old ones and $600. Sorry, I can't find used ones fast enough to keep up, so I'm doing this on an exchange basis only.

I have some cores coming back soon, so if anyone wants 38mm versions, I can have them made up also.

There is an additional option: a recent customer asked about having the calipers powder coated. I've found someone that will do a pair of rears for about $100. I'm having one set done, let everyone know how they come out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine