Rear Suspension Question

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94RT/10 and a 2000RT/10 both with about 600hp. Has the rear suspension changed much from 94 to 2000? While my 2000 is slightly faster from lugging to the redline, my 94 spins the tires constantly. Side by side the newer cars wins easily. I'm not complaining at all, just wondering. They both are on Pilot Sports.
Thanks.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GEN2 rear suspension has different mounting points and different A-arms resulting in a completely different geometry... but it's not a great deal different. I'll bet that a good alignment would improve traction.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Marc:

I would recommend that you talk to Archer Racing about your problem. They have some good suspension fixes. If you are a road racer, they can fix many of the geometry issues in their shop.

Brad

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many Many changes between the '94 and the '00, a few include different mounting points, no more ladder bar, Aluminum A-Arms, different spring rates and shock valving, Upsized guts in the rear end. But.... similar chages in spring rates and shock valving in the FRONT suspension could actually account for what you are seeing as these changes will allow more weigh to be transferred to the rear at "launch". As Fred say's over 200 changes. Racing REALLY DOES improve the breed an the Viper's suspension has benefited much from things learned at the track.