Rebate on ge 5 coming this week

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why would Chevrolet do that? Pricing the Z06 Vette close to the Z28 Camaro makes no marketing sense for Camaro. What do you think their idea is here?

The Z07 model with full aero (like Z28) will be $25k--$30k+ more than the Z28 (the scuttlebutt is around $100k for the loaded C7 Z07--ceramic brakes, carbon fiber, splitter, spoiler, etc. Some items like data mapping, etc. might push the price a bit). I am a bit concerned about use of an automatic vs. dct and cooling of the automatic.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why would Chevrolet do that? Pricing the Z06 Vette close to the Z28 Camaro makes no marketing sense for Camaro. What do you think their idea is here?
The magazine guys are forever telling me buyer demographic WANTS NEEDS changes drastically above 100 (its just a different world )Chevy wants the car to sell and there only so much a buyer will pay for a Vette . No matter how fast it is ect its still a Vette to that buyer over 100k.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The magazine guys are forever telling me buyer demographic WANTS NEEDS changes drastically above 100 (its just a different world )Chevy wants the car to sell and there only so much a buyer will pay for a Vette . No matter how fast it is ect its still a Vette to that buyer over 100k.
PS look at that ZR-1 a few hundred sold and then the VALUE TOTALLY TANKED .The Chevy dealers couldnt give them away .A buyer in that price range is going for a Vette (thats going to depreciate like a rock off a cliff )or a low mileage FGT or Ferrarri 430 Very very difficult to sell a 100k plus front engine American Car

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a little fact checking. Right now, there is no official discount from Chrysler or SRT. Dealers now own the approximately 275 or so 2013 Vipers remaining out of the 803 produced. Since there is no price control in the U.S., a dealer can do whatever it wishes to do on these cars. Some dealers, as we know, are more aggressive than others. The dealers also have a dealer only access site that shows who has what inventory and who has inventory available to be obtained by another dealer. I think the discounts being discussed here are for 2013 only and may be something that the dealers informally decided to do as a group. If someone has some proof that it is something else, please post it.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a little fact checking. Right now, there is no official discount from Chrysler or SRT. Dealers now own the approximately 275 or so 2013 Vipers remaining out of the 803 produced. Since there is no price control in the U.S., a dealer can do whatever it wishes to do on these cars. Some dealers, as we know, are more aggressive than others. The dealers also have a dealer only access site that shows who has what inventory and who has inventory available to be obtained by another dealer. I think the discounts being discussed here are for 2013 only and may be something that the dealers informally decided to do as a group. If someone has some proof that it is something else, please post it.
It is FORMAL MONEY from Dodge to dealers floorplanning Vipers to be used as the dealer sees fit .If the dealer wants to HOLD the 10k thats their businessl If the dealer wants to pass the discount along to their customer thats also their businesss .Dodge wants to keep the dealer happy of course .(The dealer ******* to their indiv zone reps they can not possibly move Vipers without losing big money The dealer also threatens to curtail FUTURE DODGE ORDERING unless something is done here

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is Dodge giving dealers floorplan money for a pure, non Dodge, SRT brand product? Why would the Dodge brand do that for the SRT Brand? Each brand is budgeted separately. Sorry but this does not make sense.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you think that this approach in itself displays the real problem with the Viper?:crazy2:

Nevertheless, I have spoken to many and got truly tired of the song and dance I have been given quite consistently. Even if there was a good dealer (which I question fully, based on personal experience), there is a matter of that dealer having the car that suits me. Ironically enough, I have been offered a relocation of a car I wanted at a price that was quite a bit higher that I have already negotiated myself with the dealer that has the car. I would say the term "good dealer" is a very subjective phrase. By now, I am so resentful from my shopping experience that it would take a miracle for me to buy second Viper.

Peter,

If you still want a Gen 5, find the one you want at any location in the USA and have it shipped you. The best "dealer" for service for your Viper is in Rio Vista, about an hour from you. They are a small family owned business where one of the owners runs the service side. They are car guys, have owned Vipers and build custom high end hot rods in their spare time. They get it. They understand the higher end buyer and will take good car of your car should it need service or warranty work.

As for modifications to the engine, suspension or drivetrain, BBG is right down the street from you. Between those two, you would have better service than what any Porsche or Mercedes dealer can provide.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is Dodge giving dealers floorplan money for a pure, non Dodge, SRT brand product? Why would the Dodge brand do that for the SRT Brand? Each brand is budgeted separately. Sorry but this does not make sense.
I dont know about the ind semantics but i do know the money is there( Ididnt ask ) .Who pays for warranty claims on a SRT Product Dodge or SRT

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is the only pure SRT product. The other SRT products are variants of their respective brands. The extended service agreements are sold through MOPAR. It would be interesting to find out what is actually happening. I do not see Dodge taking money out of their budget to help a non Dodge branded 2013 model year car that was not sold to the dealers by Dodge and which the dealers own. See if you can find out the details.

I dont know about the ind semantics but i do know the money is there( Ididnt ask ) .Who pays for warranty claims on a SRT Product Dodge or SRT

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, this is where your logic, and ultimately your credibility takes a beating. you quote performance as if it is the only thing that matters. you quote prices from 5 years ago as if they matter. reduce the use of CAPS, be less inflammatory and then constantly use facts for a bit. It is really difficult to weave through the good stuff you offer and the other stuff.

btw, this is my OPINION (notice I am not stating it as a fact), but the G5 should be priced higher than the Z06 for three simple reasons, higher quality car in paint, fit and finish, interior, it is unique and good looking, and it is not a Corvette. Will the vette sell more, sure, but that is not the discussion.
I dont need anyones opinion about my crediability as the info i just provided speaks for itself .Once again the facts are that a Gen 4 DID NOT SELL UNTILL THE OUT THE DOOR PRICE WAS LOW 60S .I will not get into specifics on the EXACT PERF FIGURES on the new Z06(which iam privy to ) all i will say is car is a MONSTER The pricing on the new Z06 will be UNDER 90k (LOADED )If you choose to continue to live in a fantasyland and believe the Gen 5will be able to move at a price higher than the Z06 thats you belief .Obviously IF theres more rebate money out there IF the car doesnt move certain ENTITYS might not agree with you.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don't think that. I just think they are just not skilled at selling this kind of car. Never have been and why would we expect them to be when their next most expensive vehicle is a top of the line RAM. Having said that, if a consumer interested in the product itself, why let their lack of skills stop you from getting the car. Should you expect more, absolutely. But if you really want it, who are you penalizing by not buying one? Yourself

It really is that good. I have checked out the C7, driven, etc. two different class of cars, which I guess is difficult for many to know if they have only gathered info from magazines vs driving, etc.

LOL, I think this is exactly what dealers count on, expecting the car to sell itself, no matter how much crap the dealer dishes out on the buyers.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't buy a GTR because they wouldn't let me test drive one.

I am not endlessly whining on the GT-R forums about it, over a year later.

Lord, move on.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS had lunch with tadge juechter yesterday and he told HIM the performance figures

HIM ONLY.
To all perspective Gen 5 buyers PLEASE FOLLOW Viper Smiths purchase advice on your car .Only then CAN YOU( LIKE VIPERSMITH) purchase a Gen 5 at sticker only to have it be worth HALF of that PRICE IN LESS THAN A YEAR I dont need to have lunch with him as ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS TEST DRIVES for him

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, this is where your logic, and ultimately your credibility takes a beating. you quote performance as if it is the only thing that matters. you quote prices from 5 years ago as if they matter. reduce the use of CAPS, be less inflammatory and then constantly use facts for a bit. It is really difficult to weave through the good stuff you offer and the other stuff.

btw, this is my OPINION (notice I am not stating it as a fact), but the G5 should be priced higher than the Z06 for three simple reasons, higher quality car in paint, fit and finish, interior, it is unique and good looking, and it is not a Corvette. Will the vette sell more, sure, but that is not the discussion.
You dont understand marketing criteria as the Vette has technology and perf (i cant get it to at this time )that the Gen 5 doesnt have .It also appeals to a far greater range of clientle The Viper being priced higher the buyer will gravitate to the cheaper ,better performing ,better tech, more streetable car every time At this point in time 400 Gen 5 have been sold with another 800 sitting on dealer lots INTURN we are a HAIR AWAY (Caps and all trust me on this )from saying goodb to the Viper . You think being priced above the Z06 is OK thats your opinion when the reviews come out the buying public may not share that opinion.Like it or not the car mags test reviews definately influence sales and the test reports on that Vette (may be LOL )off the charts

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you, but do you think more Vipers should be sold than vettes? I do not. I think if around 1k-2k, that is plenty for their biz purposes. I also suspect if prices were in the 90-110k range, they would be fine. I get your point on an initial pricing issue, I just disagree with the #'s you throw out and that it must be cheaper than the vette.

The tech you can't mention yet is just one piece to the puzzle and I guess that is what I am highlighting. the Z06 in my garage would be interesting for about 6 months. Just no staying power, much like the GT-R. I will stand by a simple position, if SRT produced the roadster, offered an 8sp auto, they would double their sales immediately and all solved. Put an ACR out and it gravy for the mission.

Still, not the goal or intention to outsell the vette. No reason to.

Always ask yourself, you park the car, take some steps away and then take a last glance back at it. Visualize that and ask yourself do you want to be seeing the C7 Z06 or the Gen5? easy call because I don't want that vision to force me to ask the question "is that a normal vette or do I need to convince myself it is special...?"

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don't think that. I just think they are just not skilled at selling this kind of car. Never have been and why would we expect them to be when their next most expensive vehicle is a top of the line RAM. Having said that, if a consumer interested in the product itself, why let their lack of skills stop you from getting the car. Should you expect more, absolutely. But if you really want it, who are you penalizing by not buying one? Yourself

It really is that good. I have checked out the C7, driven, etc. two different class of cars, which I guess is difficult for many to know if they have only gathered info from magazines vs driving, etc.
Water under the bridge. I think I may be done shopping for second Viper. As it is right now, my pecking order is Rossion, 911 Turbo, Aston Martin Vantage and lastly, Viper. Whatever will happen, I gave SRT an honest shot and then some.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont understand marketing criteria as the Vette has technology and perf (i cant get it to at this time )that the Gen 5 doesnt have .It also appeals to a far greater range of clientle The Viper being priced higher the buyer will gravitate to the cheaper ,better performing ,better tech, more streetable car every time At this point in time 400 Gen 5 have been sold with another 800 sitting on dealer lots INTURN we are a HAIR AWAY (Caps and all trust me on this )from saying goodb to the Viper . You think being priced above the Z06 is OK thats your opinion when the reviews come out the buying public may not share that opinion.Like it or not the car mags test reviews definately influence sales and the test reports on that Vette (may be LOL )off the charts
Not to burst your bubble, Corvette marketing is 90 percent bullshiit and 10 percent actual facts.

Seems like there are plenty of people who firmly believe when they say something enough times, it will be true but it really does not work this way. New Corvette does not include a single technology that was developed specifically for that car and that cannot be found on GM pick up trucks, except for the torque tube that was developed in 1997.

Also, besides that torque tube (and not one that is made out of STEEL in C7), there is absolutely not a single technology that Viper should copy from Corvette.

Even that lightweight frame is not an accomplishment since the frame is an obsolete concept, no matter what material it is made of and in new Corvette, it did not do jack to prevent its weight gains. If Viper survives, it should never take the direction of the new Corvette because this would be considerably worse than what the current Gen 5 is. To put a slush box in supposedly high performance car is these days simply inconceivable, considering everyone else uses DCT. If you know Tadge personally, tell him hi from me, I must be his single greater admirer. Oh and still waiting for that Nurburgring lap time. Maybe better luck with new Z06? LOL

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, besides that torque tube (and not one that is made out of STEEL in C7), there is absolutely not a single technology that Viper should copy from Corvette.

I disagree. The HUD in the C7 is really awesome :D

Too bad its not in the Viper.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VRYALT....I agree the HUD and it is also changeable from street to track modes, PLUS I wish the Viper had a two piece carbon fiber and clear roof panels that easily store in the back, this is better than a ragtop...my $.02

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VRYALT....I agree the HUD and it is also changeable from street to track modes, PLUS I wish the Viper had a two piece carbon fiber and clear roof panels that easily store in the back, this is better than a ragtop...my $.02
HUD has been on Corvettes since 1997. HUD works fine on jet fighters, in a car, it is just as disruptive as text messaging, not to mention it is just another thing to go wrong (and they do go bad quite frequently). Regarding the removable top, it creaks a lot on Corvette and it is both bulky and difficult to remove. The transparent roof tends to develop hairline cracks over time and it doubles as a roaster in the summer. Obviously each to their own.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I don't understand then why are you are posting in this forum then if you have decided no longer interested in a Gen5.

The other cars you have listed are very nice, but not sure the criteria as they seem to be all over the map in regards to looks, performance, comfort, price, etc. All also easy cars to purchase if you want one. drive them all on a weekend, make up your mind and buy on already.

Water under the bridge. I think I may be done shopping for second Viper. As it is right now, my pecking order is Rossion, 911 Turbo, Aston Martin Vantage and lastly, Viper. Whatever will happen, I gave SRT an honest shot and then some.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. The HUD in the C7 is really awesome :D

Too bad its not in the Viper.

I would think a HUD would be awesome on a Viper for track day events.....it would be nice to have the rpm graph light up at shift points and warning lights that go off if coolant temps, oil temps or oil pressure are outside the customer programmed parameters.

The gauge design on the Gen 3/4 leaves a lot to be desired because of placement so low on the dash. I haven't driven a Gen 5 on the track so I don't know how the new display looks in bright sunlight with helmet visors on, etc.

Cheers,
George

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I don't understand then why are you are posting in this forum then if you have decided no longer interested in a Gen5.

The other cars you have listed are very nice, but not sure the criteria as they seem to be all over the map in regards to looks, performance, comfort, price, etc. All also easy cars to purchase if you want one. drive them all on a weekend, make up your mind and buy on already.
I was sharing my buying experience, trying to buy one, seems like a right place to do and in case anyone tries to figure out why these cars do not sell? Seemed like a logical place to do this but apparently not the case?

Oh and I am still interested in Gen 5, just lost interest in getting aggravated trying to buy one. The other cars are not all over the place, at least not to me. No worries, I'll be fading away here, too many other things to do, including car shopping, in spite of your perception of the task being easy.:rolleyes:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sharing my buying experience, trying to buy one, seems like a right place to do and in case anyone tries to figure out why these cars do not sell? Seemed like a logical place to do this but apparently not the case?

Oh and I am still interested in Gen 5, just lost interest in getting aggravated trying to buy one. The other cars are not all over the place, at least not to me. No worries, I'll be fading away here, too many other things to do, including car shopping, in spite of your perception of the task being easy.:rolleyes:

just call bill p. at woodhouse and if your really looking to buy trust me when you hang up the phone your car will be on its way. make the call

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, 3 dealers have indicated that the rebates/dealer factory $$$$ is only on 2013s. Since the factory will likely produce 2015s when it opens, hopefully there will be $$$$ available on 2014s shortly.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, 3 dealers have indicated that the rebates/dealer factory $$$$ is only on 2013s. Since the factory will likely produce 2015s when it opens, hopefully there will be $$$$ available on 2014s shortly.
or you could wait till 2016, by then there will be discounts on the 2015.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just trying to clarify the information posted. Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger