[rebuild saga] Passenger Seat Arrived.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just thought this was kinda of amusing. I located a good passenger seat through a salvage yard and when it arrived it was in pretty bad shape. Apparently it had been left out in the rain and sun unguarded for some time. So I went through some of my older auto cleaning stock and found this bottle of "Armor All Leather Care." (small tan 9oz bottle $7 at local parts store.) For all dramitic purposes I only cleaned one side of the seat to see the differnce. The Leather was thirsty and required two coats of this stuff (a third will be applied once inside car) but I was truely amazed at the results. These pics are 24 hours after the application:

120Seat_Back-med.JPG

120Seat_Bottom-med.JPG

The interior is now 99% completed with two more parts left so once its done I'll have a full photo session posted. The old original seat is up on eBay right now if anyone was to save a few bucks on their interior redesign.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bonkers, Have you gone Bonkers is my Question. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you were going to redo your seats why use seays in that condition and if you did why not reskin them with something to your taste?

adam :confused:

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was giving some serious though to going with a full tan swap but other than that I had no intention of altering the looks of the seats from stock. I was also planning on reupholstering the bad seat but decided buying the whole seat thing was cheaper and quicker in the long run.

The actual new seat itself was in great condition, a little wear on the bum part, but no rips or hard spots anywear. Now that its installed you really cannot see the abuse at all.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought this was kinda of amusing. I located a good passenger seat through a salvage yard and when it arrived it was in pretty bad shape. Apparently it had been left out in the rain and sun unguarded for some time. So I went through some of my older auto cleaning stock and found this bottle of "Armor All Leather Care." (small tan 9oz bottle $7 at local parts store.) For all dramitic purposes I only cleaned one side of the seat to see the differnce. The Leather was thirsty and required two coats of this stuff (a third will be applied once inside car) but I was truely amazed at the results.

Is "Armor All Leather Care" different than regular Armor All? The reason I ask is because my experience with using Armor All inside a car is that something about the stuff creates an oily film on the inside of the windshield that keeps coming back no matter how many times you clean it off. This has happened both times I've used it, on two different cars. After that, which was proof enough to me, I've never touched any Armor All products.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly I didn't have much of a choice on this one considering the condition of the seat. As for the windsheild film I had that anyway before using AA so I'm not sure if it hurt or not.

Matt - whats wrong with thier vinyl protectants?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62