[rebuild saga] YES!!!! No Floor Damage!!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well I worked hard today to get in as much qualty disection time in a s possible before the sky ripped open. Todays task involved removing the Passenger seat, door sill and a few odd interior panels to survey the spot where the fire came up through the floor board.

120Floor_Pan-med.JPG

After a realitivly quick rip down I discovered that the fire did not actually burn up though the plan like originaly thought! In fact there is no damage to the metal under the foil heat sheild below the carpet at all save a light blistering. It seems someone at CAAP tucked part of the carpet pad into a small factory hold UNDER the foil (maybe to save having to trim the peice??) Well that peice appears to be where the interior fire orginated.

I lost the light before I could get a current snapshot, but it looks as though the carpet repair will be (realitively) easy to fix now. I did discover that a side molding peice will need to be replaced though, but thats pennies compared to re weilding the floor.

Anyone looking to attempt the seat removal, don't fret. You'll need a ratchet (I think I used a 12mm socket),a phillips head driver, and about fifteen minutes.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bonks,
refresh my memory .. what happend?
why did the fire start ; just the carpet issue as mentioned above?
and how did ya put it out?

when re installing the passenger seat add the roe fire extinguisher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62