Recent Viper crash in Miami on Route 1

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper was silver with twin blue stripes and ACR wheels. Who was this? Here is a link to the Youtube video. It does not show much but a friend of mine happended to be going by and took some pictures which he showed me today. Based on the number of police I would guess that someone was seriously injured or killed.

YouTube - Crash Miami US 1 Viper vs Honda ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. The stripes were blue. As I said above, I have seen photos taken at the scene.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure looks like a VOI car. 2009 or 2010, only year silver coupes were offered.

Last edited:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it seems like the cabs of the cars are intact, i hope everyone was wearing seat belts, i hope it turns out well for everyone involved

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of us were at the VCA meet at the towers on Friday but don't remember any car with that description....

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Update on Viper Crash on 1/29/2011 in MIami

I learned today that the Viper was driven by a woman who had just had her car washed. I was told that she was wearing high heels. She lost control of the vehicle and hit the Prius. An elderly couple in the prius were both killed. The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries that inluded a broken arm and ribs. There was no passenger in the Viper. It sounds like her shoe might have gotten stuck between the gas and brake pedal. Tragic situation.

I do not know the above first hand and I have not seen a police report.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to the police station tomorrow to get a copy of the report. The police of the city where I live had jurisdiction. Once I get it, I will post more details. I think it is important for us to know what happened as an educational service to VCA members.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes very sad that innocent people were killed by an idiot driving their car in high heels. I don't care what she was thinking, what kind of car it was, how good of driver she was, if she is sorry, blah blah. Dead people as a result of someone stupid.

There, I'll be the first to call her a stupid idiot.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's take it easy until I get the report and confirm the official facts. The data I posted was not from a police officer.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were told she was wearing high heels and you felt compelled to tell us. I feel that is a green light for me to respond to that. If it turns out what you were told was incorrect and you tell us something else you were told that makes my categorizing her as a stupid idiot as malicious or mean on my part, I will post an apology. Meanwhile, high heels are stupid for walking let alone operating something with pedals.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Driving a Viper in high heels? Thats as dangerous as a guy (or woman) driving in flip flops.<<<

I've seen both and believe me the drivers cannot be educated :crazy2:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to hear about.If it is true she was wearing high heels,well that wasn't smart but still a sad thing to hear about.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yall would have a differant veiw at her heels if she had them wrapped around your face..:eater:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, okay....heard a bit too much here! Yes, agreed, driving a Viper in high heels is not smart to say the least because of the kind of car it is.

But let's get real here! I have had many girlfriends/friends who have driven in heels...out on a Friday nite, to work, a date. Do I agree, never noticed anything terribly wrong when they were driving an automatic Camaro or 325 Beemer or anything automatic. I think here there is the theoretic thing to do vs real life. Women wear high heels as a matter of style, it is part of what many women wear. I worked at Revlon for some 14 years and I can't recall ever seeing a woman NOT in heels.

Okay, all that said..as I see it, there is a MAJOR difference between driving a normal car in heels and driving a high performance car..certainly a Viper.

So, regardless, heels in and of themselves not the issue for me....heels driving a Viper...MAJOR issue...but if she'd never had problems driving in them before, why would she not???? Uneducated to the dangers!

So, all that said, my sympathies to the families on both sides...but, especially to the family of the elderly couple that was killed.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In manufacturing industry, which I have been in 30 years, which the safety police of OSHA excludes fashion when governing, high heels out in the plant doing anything... ANYTHING, would be frowned upon. Starting at the simple task of walking, let alone operating anything... ANYTHING, with pedals.

Now I don't agree with every rule that OSHA has, but the same safety principles they would cite about driving a forklift with heels or a press brake pedal with heels applies to the non industrial world too. Pedals and heels are dumb always on equipment, cars, machines. Always. Unfortunately the only thing to protect stupid people from themselves when it comes to cars is the owner's manual. Wonder if that is covered.

Confession - I've never read that section of my owner's manual.

Confession #2 - I look horrible in heels.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the police station this morning. The case report is still in process and will not be available to the public for 60 days once it is done. However, the officer informed me of the following:

1. The Viper jumped the median and hit the other car head on.

2. The Viper driver survived but was taken to the hospital.

3. One of the two people in the other car died at the scene and the other died after arriving at the hospital.

4. The officer had no data about the high heels but one of the workers at the car wash which the Viper driver had just left confirmed to me that the driver of the Viper was wearing high heels.

Bottom line. She lost control of the vehicle; jumped the median; hit a car head on and killed two people.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4. The officer had no data about the high heels but one of the workers at the car wash which the Viper driver had just left confirmed to me that the driver of the Viper was wearing high heels.

Thanks for the update. As usual, Bob = scholar/gentleman etc. And while Dave sometimes = ass of himself, no apology at this time for previous statements in this thread regarding woman driving Viper while wearing heels.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I have never taken my Viper to a car wash. Second, it is always wet and your feet are always wet when you enter the car, and the car wash guys feet are wet, so pedals are wet, and you can slip off of them. So I don't have any clucth pedal cars that I go to the car wash in, only automatics, and I don't wear high heels? :). I am afraid of even backing my Viper out of the garage if I have flip flops on?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave