Recent Viper crash in Miami on Route 1

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving shoes = Piloti.
Home Page
They make TONS of different styles.

Rumor has it that Mr. Winkles sleeps in his. :D

Yep. Piloti make excellent "weekend" driving shoes. There are several outlet stores that often put them on sale. Mark at Woodhouse put up a link once to some "retail club" that had them for $30.

Anyway, hope you can find them in wide. They really help ... and look good too ;).

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news is that I will drive my car the same way tomorrow as today. The law is what it is, and luck will be what it will be. And all of that, not in heels for me. I do look silly in them.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>IM NOT A LAWYER EITHER,BUT IS THERE A LAW STATEING YOUR NOT ALLOWDED TO WEAR HIGH HEELS IN A VIPER:confused: :dunno:<<<

Yes, it is called common sense. Law of physics too. In an emergency situation a driver can easily slip out of flip-flops or cant press the pedals right with high heels or ... or ... or... I tried once to drive the Viper with "normal" wide shoes. Does not work. Therefore, always "narrow" shoes for me. :drive:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 'normal size' feet, but I have shoes that made me nervous while driving my viper...barely fit between the pedals...kept getting more than one pedal on shifts...so I just don't wear those anymore when I drive. Shop around George...I'm not familiar with EEE shoes, but I have some shoes with wider soles (not uppers) than others, so maybe you can find some non-driving specific shoes that you will feel more comfortable with. Good luck!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go :2tu:
I drive with these ones (Red and Black, match the car) :D
RSR

Mark...those aren't as fugly as most I've seen. ;)

I've got a question for those who use the driving shoes...do you take your wife out to dinner wearing these or do you change out of them before you leave the viper? Maybe the question should be...do you actually think these shoes are attractive? :lmao:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So WET TIRES, that's a big factor, road surface? Was it greasy? Was the driver on a Cell phone? Did the Driver sneeze, causing the car to swerve? Did some flying insect enter the car causing the driver to loose concentration?
Did something break on the car?

I'm just saying :dunno: There's still a lot of factors to look into ;)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark...those aren't as fugly as most I've seen. ;)

I've got a question for those who use the driving shoes...do you take your wife out to dinner wearing these or do you change out of them before you leave the viper? Maybe the question should be...do you actually think these shoes are attractive? :lmao:
To be honest, if I am going out on a car run, 9 times out of 10 she stays at home, she is not into cars much and dose not like going fast :(
As for the dinner bit, I hardly ever leave the Viper unattended and would not drive it if I had had a glass of wine ;)

If I do end up going out to dinner normally there are 3 of us so the Viper is out :(
Yes I do carry other footware in the car, my Snake skin Cowboy boots Sendra 3241 schwarz-python

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have alot of suspisious detectives here, lots of things to check into, this is funny as hell (not the wreck) but the aftermath of this thread.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>IM NOT A LAWYER EITHER,BUT IS THERE A LAW STATEING YOUR NOT ALLOWDED TO WEAR HIGH HEELS IN A VIPER:confused: :dunno:<<<

Yes, it is called common sense. Law of physics too. In an emergency situation a driver can easily slip out of flip-flops or cant press the pedals right with high heels or ... or ... or... I tried once to drive the Viper with "normal" wide shoes. Does not work. Therefore, always "narrow" shoes for me. :drive:

you dont have to use that anymore remember, your allowed to be stupid and sue for being stupid and win..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i get into an accident like this, im going to sue dodge for putting the pedals too close together.

more legislation is needed to rectify this problem IMO. and a high heel warning buzzer to remind some of you guys to take your heels off before driving a viper.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i get into an accident like this, im going to sue dodge for putting the pedals too close together.

more legislation is needed to rectify this problem IMO. and a high heel warning buzzer to remind some of you guys to take your heels off before driving a viper.

completely agree, plum.. Also a tire temp. gauge, a deer warning buzzer and a meteor shower warning light. all can be very dangerous when driving a viper. Cold tires have caused plenty of accidents, through no fault of the driver.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
completely agree, plum.. Also a tire temp. gauge, a deer warning buzzer and a meteor shower warning light. all can be very dangerous when driving a viper. Cold tires have caused plenty of accidents, through no fault of the driver.
We need safety cup holders too and Heads up displays .....Wait a minute, don't they have those things in a Corvette :rolleyes:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need high heels - just for testing :lmao:

Where do I get them - size 10 :confused:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. As usual, Bob = scholar/gentleman etc. And while Dave sometimes = ass of himself, no apology at this time for previous statements in this thread regarding woman driving Viper while wearing heels.

You were right on in your previous statements...FWIW.:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i get into an accident like this, im going to sue dodge for putting the pedals too close together..

Ya gotta stop wearing those stilletto's Phil, not safe in the Viper. Besides, they make your ass look fat. :rolaugh:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the police station this morning. The case report is still in process and will not be available to the public for 60 days once it is done. However, the officer informed me of the following:

1. The Viper jumped the median and hit the other car head on.

2. The Viper driver survived but was taken to the hospital.

3. One of the two people in the other car died at the scene and the other died after arriving at the hospital.

4. The officer had no data about the high heels but one of the workers at the car wash which the Viper driver had just left confirmed to me that the driver of the Viper was wearing high heels.

Bottom line. She lost control of the vehicle; jumped the median; hit a car head on and killed two people.

Two deaths - that is sad. Thoughts and prayers for their families and loved ones.

--------
btw: Did anyone else notice ...
she had their viper washed at a car wash ... :omg:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, that picture is F U G L Y......I almost spit out my coffee!!!

Though it is funny, don't think it is respectful...as two people died. No, not a stick in the mud, just think there might be a more appropriate place....like "Post the Picture of the Hottest Women".....:D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Three employees of the car wash saw her get in the car and drive away with her shoes on. I spoke to all three.

People say a lot of things that do not neccessarily have to be true or remembered correctly for that matter, how does saying what a person SAW make it an instant FACT when it does not have to be that way?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235