Reaction score

nice avatar pic VicTxV10 :D

:tx:

Nice pick-up Eucharistos....:2tu:

oh the irony........

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so heels may not have had anything to do with it as so many of you have stated in this thread? if you stand by your statement in bold, then why have you been pushing the heels theory so much?

I missed the part about where Bob has been pushing the heels agenda. Pretty sure he's stated it as fact numerous times, but that's hardly an agenda. I however may have started the agenda of calling her a stupid idiot for driving with heels. But I mean that in the most respectful way. She may otherwise be a great person. So I would like to clarify the stupid idiot pertains to her driving.

Regarding all the other scenarios/circumstances etc that have been suggested, it is absolutely correct that something out of her control may have caused her to loose control of the car either briefly or terminally. The choice of footwear can play a part in determining whether the loss of control is brief or terminal.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences all parties involved here, how horrible to be involved in an accident like this where people died.

As viper owners, understanding what happened could be of benefit to us all. Although I think the same elements always seem to come into play. Driver error & weather related accidents seem to be the norm just like an accident in any type of car.

On the heels angle... Some women can run in heels faster than I can run in tennis shoes... ;) I agree it is best to wear driving shoes, but heels are like second nature to some women...

I would think unfamiliarity with the car & wet tires are probably to blame.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences all parties involved here, how horrible to be involved in an accident like this where people died.

As viper owners, understanding what happened could be of benefit to us all. Although I think the same elements always seem to come into play. Driver error & weather related accidents seem to be the norm just like an accident in any type of car.

On the heels angle... Some women can run in heels faster than I can run in tennis shoes... ;) I agree it is best to wear driving shoes, but heels are like second nature to some women...

I would think unfamiliarity with the car & wet tires are probably to blame.

Finally the voice of common sense and reason!:drive:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now see all you clowns, it took a woman to actually talk with some common sense on what most likely happened..:bonker:

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure some women are very skilled in wearing high heels, but driving a high performance manual tranny car with very close pedals is not the same as driving other non-performance, automatic cars in high heels. I don't recommend driving any car in high heels, but a car with the characteristics of a Viper, requires many more cautionary processes. Wearing proper footwear is one of them. Add in the fact she may have been unfamiliar with the car, just left a carwash AND had on high heels....recipe for disaster. Even if the heels weren't the original variable that started the crash sequence, they certainly could have played a big part in her not being able to correct the problem before the resulting collision with the Prius.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now see all you clowns, it took a woman to actually talk with some common sense on what most likely happened..:bonker:

Not sure that I see the difference between what she said and what others have been saying all along. It's just that you'd rather listen to her. :rolleyes:

Bob says "Wash my car" and you say "Piss off." Kala says "Wash my car" and you say "How many coats of wax?" :lmao:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
really more than 1 coat of wax in my opinion is a waste of time.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
really more than 1 coat of wax in my opinion is a waste of time.
...and how do we know that Kala doesn't wax already?
:D

I've been asked dozens of times if someone could drive the truck.
Every time- even with my dad, who raced Porsches- I said, "No".
Not out of fear they'd wreck it, but that it's a very dangerous vehicle....anytime!
Dry roads, wet roads, heels, boots, Pilotis, helmet, et. al. It doesn't matter.
It's something you work your way up to; not just jump in and tool around like a rental.

I don't let 10 yr. olds play with my Beretta either.
Call me crazy.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prayers to all those involved, so sad to read this:(

I take my heels off when I am in my Viper...I keep a pr. of shoes in the car.

I like how the pedals are close, easier to heel/toe with smaller feet.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since Bob is holding back some much needed info and has stated she had very little experience in a Viper, I'm going to guess she was 16 driving daddy's car??

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since Bob is holding back some much needed info and has stated she had very little experience in a Viper, I'm going to guess she was 16 driving daddy's car??

Bob said he has met the woman and her husband (not sure if it was before or after the accident), so I'm assuming she is "of age". Just didn't have much seat time in the car.

peace828

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mom and her cousin are the two ladies that died in this accident. They were both wearing their seatbelts. They were both very active working ladies not really "elderly". My Mom died instantly from blunt trauma to her body, she was in the back seat of the car. They were both sweet ladies that always helped others always smiled and were kind to everyone. My heart is brocken I can't make sense of any of it. I keep thinking she is still on vacation and will be home soon. I started to try and find the answers, all I came across was the you tube video and this forum which was sent to me. The initial police report doesn't say too much and there doesn't seem to be any news reports on the accident (although you can find every other accident in the paper). The driver of the Viper is in her early 40's, so at the very least she does have experience driving a car but a viper as we all know is a different animal. I want to know so that we can do whatever it takes to prevent this from happening to anyone else. That is what my Mom would want, she was all about peace and love...miss you Mom, I wasn't ready for this one..

Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family for the untimely death and loss of your mother and cousin, may both rest in peace.

I hope you will soon find out all the answers to all your questions, and be able to move on with the fond memories and the times spent together.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mom and her cousin are the two ladies that died in this accident. They were both wearing their seatbelts. They were both very active working ladies not really "elderly". My Mom died instantly from blunt trauma to her body, she was in the back seat of the car. They were both sweet ladies that always helped others always smiled and were kind to everyone. My heart is brocken I can't make sense of any of it. I keep thinking she is still on vacation and will be home soon. I started to try and find the answers, all I came across was the you tube video and this forum which was sent to me. The initial police report doesn't say too much and there doesn't seem to be any news reports on the accident (although you can find every other accident in the paper). The driver of the Viper is in her early 40's, so at the very least she does have experience driving a car but a viper as we all know is a different animal. I want to know so that we can do whatever it takes to prevent this from happening to anyone else. That is what my Mom would want, she was all about peace and love...miss you Mom, I wasn't ready for this one..

I am sorry over the loss of your mother and her cousin. It is a terrible tragedy and I hope that you find the answers you seek. As you can tell from the length of this thread many here would also like to know how this happened. We all drive Vipers and other high performance cars and they must be treated with respect and never driven carelessly or with a lack of attention. We hate to hear of fatal accidents of any kind but we too would like to understand better what transpired in this case so as to prevent a recurrence.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you. I wish that we had the power to undue what happened. It was a terrible tragedy. As you can see there has been much discussion about the accident. It is good to know that your Mom would approve of us trying to figure it out. It's the least we can do. PM me and give me your telephone number in the PM if you want to talk. Do not post your telephone number here.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
peace828

i'm so sorry for your loss, your mom sounds like she was a fine lady.

prayed for you and your family

peace

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peace,
The composure of your post tells me that your Mother did a fine job raising you. Stay true to what she taught you.

Keep her memory close to your heart, she'll always be there for you.

I'm very sorry for your loss...

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting here, Peace828. That took great courage and heart during a terrible time in your life.

I'm with everyone else here: If we can find a way/process to prevent this from happening ever again, I'm in 103%.

Until then, sorry folks- no one drives the car but me.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Peace828, I recently lost my best friend in a Motorcycle accident, I have some idea of what your going through :(
There is much speculation on here as to what has happened, we may never fully know the whole story. I'm sure the Police and accident investigator's will do their job. While its looking towards driver error (on this thread), we will have to wait and see if anything broke on the car to cause this dreadful accident.

Its good of you to post on here and you have my full respect for doing so.
Stay strong, I'm sure as others have said you Mum would be proud.
My deepest sympathy to you and the rest of your family.
Mark
United Kingdom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh