Red Gen II Viper GTS w/ Gunmetal Metallic Stripes?

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a picture a long time ago of a Red Gen II Viper coupe, but it had these non-factory painted stripes. The stripe color was like a gunmetal metallic color. Anyways I can't find this car anywhere. Does anybody here have pictures of this combo?

I am finally in a position to possibly purchase a Gen II GTS this year. I'd like a 2002 GTS in solid Red, and would like to have these stripes painted on. Maybe paint them a bit wider then the factory stripe width. Other plans are CCW Classics as well. Hopefully I can find the right car with low miles and in the right condition for under $45k

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
What made these stripes different? As Red/Silver Stripes Gen II there were a lot of them

OP
OP
R

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What made these stripes different? As Red/Silver Stripes Gen II there were a lot of them

Silver and Gunmetal are two different colors. Sorry, I should have clarified. Gunmetal is like a dark, metallic grey. Some people call this color anthracite. So, imagine a Red Viper GTS, with two metallic racing stripes in this color:

You must be registered for see images

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Oh I read you. Sometimes in the right light they do look darker. I have a lot of pics of Vipers, so I understand that the stripes are just like any other stripe (as in width and location) , just gunmetal. :D

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Close as I can get :D

Attachments

• VR-00107-01.jpg
    VR-00107-01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 46

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a picture a long time ago of a Red Gen II Viper coupe, but it had these non-factory painted stripes. The stripe color was like a gunmetal metallic color. Anyways I can't find this car anywhere. Does anybody here have pictures of this combo?

I realize that this isn't a Gen II; but, if you are just wanting to get a fresh idea of what the color combo looks like, this may do. I think that it looks great on the Gen V and would on the Gen II also. Personally, I think that it is a better idea to do it in vinyl than permanently changing the car. It might make it an easier sale, if you ever plan to sell it.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
R

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize that this isn't a Gen II; but, if you are just wanting to get a fresh idea of what the color combo looks like, this may do. I think that it looks great on the Gen V and would on the Gen II also. Personally, I think that it is a better idea to do it in vinyl than permanently changing the car. It might make it an easier sale, if you ever plan to sell it.

Oh hell yes that is almost exactly the color. Thank you.

For the Gen II, I think I may run the stripes just a little wider, and narrow the gap between the stripes a little as well. Looks amazing. Im a huge fan of the Red on Gunmetal look.

And I agree on the vinyl stripes. Vinyl is so good anymore you can get the "metallic" look even (doesnt have to be matte).

Thanks man

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not recommend changing the factory width and layout when it comes to stripes. i really believe the factory design is the best. I have seen a lot of pics with cars that someone changed the width and space between…..it just does not look right at all and pretty much ruins the car look. just my 2 cents. There was 01 yellow gts for sale on ebay with black stripes that someone painted and made them wider. it just looked so hideous. all you could see is a pair of very wide butt ugly stripes, you could not see the lines of the car anymore. but of course its your car your decision…best of luck

OP
OP
R

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but there seems to be different sized stripes from the factory? examples:

Compared to:

Perhaps the different color combinations made the stripes appear wider/narrower then others.

The way I would do stripes would just be a slight variation, I am well aware that if you mess this up it looks awful.

In my opinion they just need to be a little tighter together and maybe a 1/2" wider on each side, nothing dramatic. I just think the huge gap between the stripes kills the look in my opinion.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but there seems to be different sized stripes from the factory?
Perhaps the different color combinations made the stripes appear wider/narrower then others.

If I look at the gap between the stripes and the badge on the nose, and between the stripes and the fender vents in those two pictures, they appear to be the same. I ave never read about them ever being changed. And, yes, I have seen a picture of a GTS with wide stripes that a guy put on. He liked them, I did not. I'm used to the Viper look and it seems "right" to me. However, one point of attraction of the Viper to me is that it is a play on the classic Shelby Daytona coupe, and its stripes are different.

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check this out. I have a 97 GTS with silver vinyl stripes that were added before I bought it. They look great but I'm going with something a little darker like this shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh