Renting Willow Springs for the day, who wants to go???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are renting Willow Springs Raceway for the day on Sept. 5th. We are only allowing 45 cars, we have 36. That leaves 9 spots open, any kind of car as long as it's safe. Price is $125 for ALL DAY racing. It will be for time only no direct racing, you will have transponders so every lap will be timed. 2 1/2 hours of seat time, 3 fifteen car groups 1/2 hour on (12-14 laps), 1 hour off and hot laps at the end of the day. If you or any of your friends are interested contact Gary Foster at [email protected] or call him at 909-699-0905. Hurry this will fill fast.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in!
Not sure what to take though?
bounce.gif

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to get ahold of Gary, but no success yet. I wouldn't miss another opportunity to humiliate SoCal....Unfortunately, now that I'm Z06-less, I'll have to use the big guns.

Steve, if you haven't brought the Z06 to the track yet, I highly recommend it. I would be curious to hear your impressions. I enjoyed tracking my Z06, though I thought the brakes were weak (despite all the hype).

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike with all that attitude, you better drive your butt off. Mumford will be there and don't make be call in sick just to put you in your place! Great to hear you are tracking the cars.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Can I just watch, 'cause my snake isn't broken in?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

Attitude? What attitude? SoCal and I are the self-proclaimed Mumfoberg of the straight line. No, we can't hold a candle to you road racing, but so long as I beat SloCal, who cares? Yeah, I know, you're lap times are 20 sec faster than mine at WSIR.

BTW, on our last outing to WSIR, my best lap time was 2 sec better than Ron's, and that was in my "sled" (Z06), as SloCal liked to refer to it. Imagine what is possible with 490 rwtq instead of 336 rwtq!

P.S., you should definately call in sick. I would love to get some lessons from you at WSIR. ;)

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,
You're more then welcome to coe and watch.

Kenny,
Not only are passangers allowed they are encouraged, the theme of the event is racers helping racers, obviously passangers need helmets. Last event (my first) I was so frustrated at my times I thought something was wrong with the car, Joe from Supersonic racing jumped in showed me the line and I knocked 10 sec. off my time.

Kenny, are you signed up, if so I would like to cash in on a favor and ride with you a couple of laps and learn some more. By the way did you get new tires?

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom lover,

I will probably bring the Z as the Viper isn't broken in yet.
I have modified the Vette a little with a Halltech,Ripper, and a few other goodies still not in the same league as the Viper.
My impressions on the track are probably worth nothing as I have never been on a track except 5 times down the Drag strip in Carlsbad a few weeks ago. It was a blast, but I'm just a beginer.
So this Willow springs thing will be great for me.
Regards,
Steve

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,

I already signed up. Can't pass up the opportunity to kick your butt again like in Monterey with my old slow Gen I.
smile.gif

Ken