replaced roller lifters with dc lifters still have a barking noise after warmed up??

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have a barking noise sounds like internal , removed the serpentine belt still here it , replaced the factory lifters with dc Johnson rollers . ran it yesterday and still here the noise . have a greg good spec cam with 601/607 lift . have 440 lbs. open pressure . could this be to much??> also i can push in the clutch and same noise [ pilot bearing ] . when idling i can touch the throttle a couple of times and it will stop, any ideas would be appreciated thanks to all .

OP
OP
M

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: replaced roller lifters with dc lifters still have a barking noise after warmed u

greg good what are your thoughts

Reaction score
Re: replaced roller lifters with dc lifters still have a barking noise after warmed u

I don't know. I'm trying to reason out what in an engine could make that sound. We know it's not an accessory. The lifters can handle your spring pressure no problem.

Maybe throw out bearing since you mention it happens when you push in the clutch?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Bob,
Give me a call, it can be difficult to explain a noise. here to help.

Dan 310-597-6295

OP
OP
M

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just went out for a 2 hour drive . the noise is a squeaking noise , i don't think it is engine related now . it stays a constant sound, rpm doesn't doesn't cause the sound to speed up or get louder. what about pilot bushing ? car has 3,900 miles gen#1. pushing in on the clutch doesn't seem to make a difference . if i burp the throttle a few times it goes away . ???

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pilot bearing maybe? Could also be the type of clutch you are using. Did you call Dan? If so, what did he say?

OP
OP
M

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

called dan and got some tips , clutch was fine . going to get it in the air and check further .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456