Replacement windshield for 97 GTS

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried buffing the light pits and scratches from my windshield and am going to punt on this approach. What are my options for replacement sources and pricing? I'm in the DFW area. Thanks

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually, as you probably already know, your insurance company will not replace a windshield for "pits and scratches". This is considered normal wear and tear on it. All the buffing in the world isn't going to get you anywhere, and it would be a monumental task to even attempt an entire windshield. Provided you had full glass coverage on the car, and I do recommend everybody carry this, the insurance co. would replace it if it were cracked beyond "repair".....which usually means a long crack and not just a "star" break or chip. In any case, if you just want to buy a windshield and put it in yourself, you can do that either by getting one locally at any quality glass shop and asking for their "cash" price, or by giving somebody like JonB @ Partsrack a call.
pete the ex glass guy & installer/15 years :-O

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red98GTS:
....In any case, if you just want to buy a windshield and put it in yourself, you can do that either by getting one locally at any quality glass shop and asking for their "cash" price, or by giving somebody like JonB @ Partsrack a call.
pete the ex glass guy & installer/15 years :-O
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thaks Pete !

MSRP is $1232.
PartsRack is ~~$499. New.