Road Atlanta with Chin Motorpsorts on Nov 24/25

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys, It's getting lonely going to the track all the time and being the only Viper!
Bob, there's no "racing" group, but if you or the boys just want to come have fun with a lot of track time, here's your chance!

The last Chin event for the year at Road Atlanta is the Sat and Sun after Thanksgiving. Come burn off that tryptophan from turkey day!

I know I have talked about it before, but the amount of track time you get with this group is absolutely awesome in comparison with other groups that have events at RA. Instead of the 4, 20 minute sessions that you get with NASA, you get a 45 minute sesison, plus 3 sessions of 30 minutes each with your run group. PLUS there is a 1 hour open track session at the end of each day! I can honestly say that I have never told myself, "I'm done" and pulled off the track before running with this group. You will get plenty of driving and be worn out by the end of the day!

They only run 3 groups and the spread between the fatest/slowest in each group is much less than other people I have run with, so it makes it a lot more enjoyable. The beginner group is new solo guys and beginners with insrtuctors and allows passing in the normal 3 straight aways with a point-by. The other two groups allow passing anywhere on the track with a point-by. After running in the group where you can pass anywhere on the track, it's a whole lot more fun and a whole lot more tiring.

The entry fee is $550 ($150 more than NASA), and beginners have to pay another $100 for their instructor, but when you look at the total cost of the weekend, that little bit extra for the huge amount of difference in track time you get, it's MORE than worth it. Plus, they actually try to match instructors with students who drive similar style/power cars, so it's a better match of driving styles.

I am also trying to see what kind of discount we might be able to get by getting a certain number of cars signed up. I'm not sure if we'll get anything or not (especially for this Nov event since it's popular because of the cooler weather) because they keep their number of entries relatively low so the track isn't too crowded, and they seem to sell out on their own most of the time. When I get an answer to this, I will update this thread.

As of right now, they still have 29 overall openings (28 after I register) and 15 openings for beginners.
http://www.chinmotorsports.com/event...ay.asp?eid=484

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry tried to get on on this. I was placed on a waiting list.